Post-Game Talk: Another loss

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
He cant carry his own line, proved time and time again. Looks like hes pouting on the ice without McDavid.

I love Drai and McDavid together, they make each other better, but if we ever want to be a playoff team, we have to have Drai drive his own line without him.

Look at when Nuge was hurt, McDavid just kept ticking away, Drai looked like he shouldnt be in the NHL.
If you haven't noticed we do not have enough good wingers for any center(even McD) to "drive" that line.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Except that Leon carried this team while McDavid was still recovering from his injury at the start of the season.

These are stats from last year, largely before Leon started ripping the league a new one.

Draisaitl picks up 2.81 points per 60 minutes when he’s on the ice with McDavid. Without him: 1.84 points per 60. This was with the likes of Chiasson and Rieder as wingers. He's a second line player with actual plugs as wingers. Can't think of many players that can manage that. Can you? If so, I'd love to be enlightened.
McDavid has been clipping along at roughly the same pace for the last 4 years, doesnt matter, hes the best in the world.
Thats a huge drop off without McDavid, and proves my point.

They are better together, but Drai has to be better apart if we ever want to be a consistent threat. The linemates excuse is getting old. McDavid makes everyone better. Drai not so much.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Matty???????

unless you have a PhD in interpreting body language and have proper documentation of all of Draisaitl's body language, you're just as bad as those toronto reporters who say McDavid doesn't want to be here because you can "see" it

did the same sh*t with Taylor Hall. no sh*t he looks deflated because he has to play 82 games on a crappy team and lose 55+ games a year

Be part of the solution instead of the problem.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Be part of the solution instead of the problem.
i honestly wish I could scream on the internet...

HALL WAS THE SOLUTION. DRAISAITL IS THE SOLUTION!!!!!!one1one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO ELSE WAS THE SOLUTION???? NIKITA NIKITIN??? RILEY SHEAHAN??????

i'm leaving ...

Reactions: Aerrol

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
now do rest of the team....

Marner and Matthews has like 2 for the whole month of October and going into november iirc
McDavid 12
Kassian 7
Neal 2
Nuge 1 was hurt so we wont include
Gagner 4, and has been a healthy scratch a few times
Klefbom 4
Nurse 6
Archibald 1
Nygard 2
Haas 3
Granlund 3
Scheahan 2
Bear 3

Drai getting outscored at Evens by Nurse, McDavid, Kassian.
Only 1 point ahead of Gagner and Klefbom, only 2 points ahead of Haas, Bear and Grandlund in the last month.

Essh thats struggling, when we need him the most.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yes but on this star studded PP unit Nuge is oddly 5th in PP goals per minute playing on the top unit. In what has been a high powered PP. The funny thing is 60% of this pts are on the PP, and he's been ordinary on the PP. These are reasonable points of concern.

Neal is a second line winger, and a very reasonable and talented one. The guy has 400 NHL EV pts in career. Lets not pretend he's some inept doofus. Neal IS talent. Career wise he's a good EV player.

I always think lines are based on twos and thirds are tertiary in the capped NHL.

Any Center with a competent winger, at least one, should be able to produce EV.

Nuge has been decent on the PP but has been average to below average elsewhere. At ES he is not pushing the play except for the odd time or two a game if that. I would hope that he is playing injured because otherwise his play is disgraceful. The only issue that I take against the Nuge critics are the ones that don't give him due for last season and saying that he didn't earn his pay then. Beyond that he needs to be better plain and simple. Instead he's playing like Hall did in the 2nd half of his last season here, we all know how that ended up.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
He cant carry his own line, proved time and time again. Looks like hes pouting on the ice without McDavid.

I love Drai and McDavid together, they make each other better, but if we ever want to be a playoff team, we have to have Drai drive his own line without him.

Look at when Nuge was hurt, McDavid just kept ticking away, Drai looked like he shouldnt be in the NHL.

Looks like you've accidentally strayed into the wrong forum. Calgary f*ck is yonder.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The guy is flat out burned out. He's an elite athlete but he does not have the same crazy cardio of a McDavid or Lidstrom. Add to that he was PKing more when Nuge went down and the guy is burned out.

Leon is a good 15 pounds heavier than string bean McDavid too ... pushing his frame around the ice for the same/more minutes was always a bit of an insane ask.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Almost like playing the guy into the ground wasn't a great idea, but y'alls were happy as pie when the going was good.

Thats just more excuses.

Sports science is huge in sports now a days.

Athletes that fuel their bodies right can put in 30 mins of work a day, every day of the year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Leon is a good 15 pounds heavier than string bean McDavid too ... pushing his frame around the ice for the same/more minutes was always a bit of an insane ask.

Easily, he also plays more of a big mans game. He needs his minutes cut. Problem is that no one else is doing what they need to do to give him and Connor that much needed rest.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Easily, he also plays more of a big mans game. He needs his minutes cut. Problem is that no one else is doing what they need to do to give him and Connor that much needed rest.

He hasnt put a honest day at work in for the last month.

He should be well rested after a month off.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Thats just more excuses.

Sports science is huge in sports now a days.

Athletes that fuel their bodies right can put in 30 mins of work a day, every day of the year.

Real easy to say that behind a keyboard.

There is no magical "sports science" that lets you play massive minutes at the pace of the modern NHL either unless the "science" you're talking about is illegal performance enhancing drugs.

Stuff like creatine supplements or the legal crap you can get a GNC are not going to increase your performance that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad