Post-Game Talk: Another fake trick! Leafs win 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Boston wins, Buffalo wins, Tamps plays Edmonton tonight. Might not make any ground but at least we're keeping pace.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That's pretty pathetic.
Weird logic too. Babcock puts Tavares and Marner together, so them being magic together somehow makes Babcock look like a moron?

Someone said it very well in another thread. Hyman is a nice, hardworking guy who should be appreciated for that, but he is also a very replaceable player. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Good win, we always have trouble with these hard working talentless teams.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Johnsson needs to be given a long look with Tavares and Marner.
I like Hyman as a player and understand the qualities he brings to the game and a line.
If we're going to give him a star everytime he retrieves a puck or wins a board battle then we also have to give him a minus every time offense dies on his stick or he cant finish in prime spots.
Teams can almost cheat off of him when the Leafs are in the offensive zone because they aren't afraid he can hurt you offensively.

I would say both the Rielly goal and Marner goal don't happen if Hyman is playing on that line.

Johnsson can actually make plays with the puck and looks to have far more finishing ability.

Babcock is a very good coach but I feel line construction is maybe his weakest area.

What's our record with Hyman in the line-up?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A wins a win

I didn't think we were great but the boys did enough to pull out the win which is nice, it's good to be talented enough to win games when we don't play at 100%

Rielly is a ******* stud, his contract is daylight robbery and I really like the Tavares line with Johnsson on it

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Weird logic too. Babcock puts Tavares and Marner together, so them being magic together somehow makes Babcock look like a moron?

Someone said it very well in another thread. Hyman is a nice, hardworking guy who should be appreciated for that, but he is also a very replaceable player. Doesn't have to be one or the other.
That person sounds like a hockey genius. Spot on

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end glad for the win. It's nice that they managed to pick themselves up enough to win and get the points. Be nice if they took every game seriously, but sometimes that doesn't happen. Take the points and try to get some more tomorrow.
Rangers are 15-14-5 amidst a complete tear down and rebuild. They still have some talent and you can tell their coach has implemented some structure into their game. Definitely not easy
If the Leafs had thought the same as you then this game might have gone smoother. They didn't take their opponent as seriously as the Rangers took them.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Some thoughts:

-Tavares line is amazing with Johnsson on the wing
-Dermott is so calm and cool under pressure. He exits the defensive zone with ease and usually makes a great breakout pass. It's too bad that he is tasked with babysitting whomever is on the 3rd pair.
-Did not notice Zaitsev tonight....which means he was good I guess!
-Rielly >>>>>>
-Naz loves goal posts
-lol @ those who ripped Andersen when the first goal went in

Damn. Even before we saw the Marincin tip, it didn't look like a bad goal based off the traffic. But not surprised on these boards.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
In the end glad for the win. It's nice that they managed to pick themselves up enough to win and get the points. Be nice if they took every game seriously, but sometimes that doesn't happen. Take the points and try to get some more tomorrow.

If the Leafs had thought the same as you then this game might have gone smoother. They didn't take their opponent as seriously as the Rangers took them.

Eh it happens throughout the season. The Leafs just dusted two worse teams than the Rangers

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I sincerely care more about Tavares/Marner making Babcock look like a moron than I am about winning right now.

I don't know whether babcock is a moron or not, but what is certainly is....is Stubborn..
He makes his mind up and that's it....I really think that he holds this team back..
Without the injury we would never have seen Johnsson up there and so finally we have 3 skill guys on one line and they are lighting it up.
That line is tremendous....

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Nylander still looks like he's in a bathrobe and bunny slippers getting coffee going.
EF69D6D1-C18A-465B-8536-54A6F119EF61.gif

Reactions: Al14

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Nylander still looks like he's in a bathrobe and bunny slippers getting coffee going.

It'll come though.
I'm honestly very worried about his speed. His hands, timing, and endurance are all temporary issues, but the lack of separation speed might not be. He lost a race to the puck against an average skater at the start of a shift. I'm worried that having spent 6 months mostly just working out has resulted in him putting on too much upper body weight, and that can really screw you up.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
this is why coaches play their skilled players with skilled players...i mean we all love hyman's hustle and dirty work, but the puck dies on his stick and marner and tavares dont even look for him when hes wide open

hyman has bottom 6 hustle effort player with strong skating and defense written all over him...tavares and marner could look even better with any of johnsson, kappy, or even nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad