Post-Game Talk: Another fake trick! Leafs win 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
A win is a win. Thought only really one line showed up tonight. Oh well we play Detroit tomorrow. Maybe the rest will show up tomorrow.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Bull**** taking away the hatty from Marner and to top it off they show some old guy picking up the hats so we aren't even treated to a nice view.

Haha I though he looked like an unusual choice for picking them up. Maybe he’s going to hang them in his basement, on a few deer antlers.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
how many mutli point games has marner already had this season?

3 point night tonight

#BEAST

here is hoping cap goes up by quite a bit next season :crossfing

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not a pretty game. Honestly pretty lazy for most of it. But they stepped up in the third just enough to win. They’ve got to stop ignoring weaker opponents.

But take the points and run. They found a way. Good enough.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don't get how someone can be so obsessed with one player.
I'm actually more obsessed with Matthews and Marner believe it or not.

I sincerely care more about Tavares/Marner making Babcock look like a moron than I am about winning right now.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We rule... we stink... we rule... we rule again... we stink... we rule... we stink... we rule again into an empty net!

Leafs doing Leafy things!

Now, beat the Dead Things tomorrow!

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Johnsson needs to be given a long look with Tavares and Marner.
I like Hyman as a player and understand the qualities he brings to the game and a line.
If we're going to give him a star everytime he retrieves a puck or wins a board battle then we also have to give him a minus every time offense dies on his stick or he cant finish in prime spots.
Teams can almost cheat off of him when the Leafs are in the offensive zone because they aren't afraid he can hurt you offensively.

I would say both the Rielly goal and Marner goal don't happen if Hyman is playing on that line.

Johnsson can actually make plays with the puck and looks to have far more finishing ability.

Babcock is a very good coach but I feel line construction is maybe his weakest area.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Marner redefining the Hatty.

Nylander and his legs in week 3 of their contract dispute. Legs still holding out for longer term. Nylander asking for a discount but legs holding firm with initial ask.
Legs will show up in 2023-2024 contract year season. Greedlander only plays for the $$$$

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
What bothers me is that it took an injury to get Johnsson up with Tavares/marner......and Nylander's absence to get Kapanen off the 4th line and up with matthews..
Both moves would/should have been done by any NHL coach..
Now I wonder what would it take to get kapanen up with Nylander and Matthews when Nylander is back to form..
Hopefully a coach's decision and not another injury..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad