Post-Game Talk: Another fake trick! Leafs win 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
“Leafs toughness is on the PP”

It’s easy to kick and scream on the ice. That’s what wimps do. Real men having nothing to prove and just take the PP to help win the game. That’s harder to do, as we can see from all the insecure meat heads on these boards that think we’re losing something or the players are getting sad from not fighting back.

You don't have to be a meat head to appreciate the benefit of making a punk eat your fist. Besides the negative of a traumatic brain injury to Brad, tell me honestly if you could punch Marchand in the face for him lets say running Andersen and that punch takes him out of a series for the price of a 2, 5 and 10 you wouldn't do it? I'd pummel that rat into dust if he ever ran my goalie when I was on the ice. If that is the meat head approach label it what ever disparaging title you want to give it. I call it being a stand up solid teammate.

For Kadri it was smart to turtle, he had nothing to gain and no one to stick up for, we had the lead, we were going on a PP and the NYR d-man was just trying to even up. In that case turtle.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
but what? this soft wussy team will get crushed when the postseason comes. explain how they will win even one game in such an environment.

While I appreciate your desire to have a team that is more physical, you do realize that they are on track to record more points this year than any other Leaf team, ever. Including last year's team that won a few against the dreaded Bruins. Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to suggest they'd not win 'one' game??? A bit over the top, I'd say. BTW, and for the record, I'm calling the Leafs to make the finals. Ya, I think they're that good.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
While I appreciate your desire to have a team that is more physical, you do realize that they are on track to record more points this year than any other Leaf team, ever. Including last year's team that won a few against the dreaded Bruins. Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to suggest they'd not win 'one' game??? A bit over the top, I'd say. BTW, and for the record, I'm calling the Leafs to make the finals. Ya, I think they're that good.

Pretty sure Volc was being sarcastic.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
but what? this soft wussy team will get crushed when the postseason comes. explain how they will win even one game in such an environment.

A 7 game series is a grind. As we have found out, we get ground out over that time.

Perhaps you could explain to me that when there are 8,4 or hopefully just 2 teams left.... all with top draft picks, leading scorers, good special teams, great goaltending... how we can outskill them without outworking and out grinding them?

Reactions: Volcanologist

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think the offer sheet talk is a joke, it isn't happening. We can stave off any "attack" and no GM is going to try and screw us, just for the sake of the cap. Mostly media construct.
Also what's the compensation for $11m? 4 1st?
What team has 4 1st to give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad