Post-Game Talk: Another day, Another L. Habs lose 3-1 to the Caps

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Didn't your wife tell you that size doesn't matter?
depends on what is being measured and what it is being used for, also if it is that thing used for just urinating from fellas, than size probably does not matter, if it is being used to spray baby batter than it is easier to get her prego when you can stab her uterus with it.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
We’d need a line mate with assholish tendencies, like an Evander Kane. I think you’re right that Anderson has some of that but a meaner guy might be best, just to act as a deterrent since Caufield is also on that line.
Nice description. I feel we've been missing that type of player for a while. I picked Anderson because of his size, and the fact that he can handle himself. He might not be ideal. But no one else on our team can act as a deterrent.

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Is it just me or Dach looks good on paper but he seems completely uninterested out there.

No compete whatsoever in him.
I too see this and also, we are 100% tanking this year for a top pick. Hughes has so much as flat out said this already.

Also, I never liked the trade since day 1. Romanov was a great player and we did get a lot of potential for him but come on he’s a 22 year old defensman who hits like a train and believe it or not has untapped offensive potential.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm pretty proud of Kaiden Guhle right now. The kid played another solid physical game, had 6 hits, and didn't back down after getting elbowed in the face by Anthony Mantha. Came back with a nasty crosscheck of his own, and threw the only good punch of the fight before being wrestled down. The kid is playing like a veteran now, he's reading the plays pretty well and he's using his size and speed to his advantage. Of course he's making some mistakes, but he's also a rookie.

Also nice to see Xhekaj get his first NHL point. I think I saw that he was the youngest undrafted Habs defenseman to ever get one for the Habs?

He was, but that's a very niche record since it's only draft era and the overwhelming majority of NHL Ds are drafted. He might have actually been drafted late in 2021 (as a D+1) if not for Covid canceling his season.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I think our D needs to be addressed at some point soon, especially if Eddy is gonna take longer to return. I'm all for rookies getting experience, but I feel we're out of balance. Guhle's 3 games into his career and already has the workload of a vet- and also already playing hurt.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
forwards need to support the D better in the breakout and through the neutral zone. Forwards are blowing the zone and Ds are stretching passes that are easily getting picked off. It was crazy seeing how easily washington broke out of their zone and cleanly broke into ours compared to us

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Dach was good defensively, but he's a perimeter guy offensively.

He does get to the middle sometimes but it looks like it depends on who he is playing with. And that’s also why he is better as a center than on the wing because when he gets to the middle or cuts through the middle and make plays he’s better.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
forwards need to support the D better in the breakout and through the neutral zone. Forwards are blowing the zone and Ds are stretching passes that are easily getting picked off. It was crazy seeing how easily washington broke out of their zone and cleanly broke into ours compared to us
When the passes were successful the forward was usually on an island with no support. Dump in or turn over at that point.

Reactions: tooji

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Given last season it appears so. However, if he still has some offense left in the tank he could well be a 3rd liner.

Gally has had at least one good scoring chance in each of the three games. He is skating much better than last year. Crying started game 1, first game of the year.

Some posters that’s their go to it makes them feel better. For example, second post of this thread regarding BG shooting percentage, a useless post, nothing to do about how he played or the game.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Some observations-
Xhekaj looked much more comfortable.
Wideman has to be replaced.
Drouin played hard tonight and maybe he needed embarrassing to get his head out of his arse.
The kids aren't the problem...one dimensional vets who are embarrassing themselves.
Like someone posted earlier....sit Hoffman and Dadonov and get Pitlick and Pezzetta in there.

The rookie D are holding their own.

Slaf is showing flashes that is exciting! Give him some PP time...why the hell not?

Gallagher has killed himself for this franchise and it blows me away how disrespected he is on this site by alot of folks who I hold in high regards. He has limited talent but his effort never wanes.
Agreed 100%. With regards to Gallagher, the man bled for the jersey. Regardless of what he is now, he deserves the respect of a Habs great.

Dach was good defensively, but he's a perimeter guy offensively.
Exactly. Somebody needs to give him Suzuki's or Gallagher's compete and he would be elite.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Start your sentences with a capital letter then we'll talk about Gallagher's shortcomings.

I don't necessarily agree. That remains to be proven.
My only question marks for our future lie on D and in net. For me the offence looks like it will be better than its ever been in the past 30 years at least. And that's without changing anything besides adding 2023 top 5 C, and maybe PLD in UFA as well.

On defence, worst case if guys like Mailloux or Barron don't pan out, I'm confident we can trade parts of our bloated offence to upgrade defence.

Goaltending i don't have a clue lol we need a stud

Reactions: salbutera

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
My only question marks for our future lie on D and in net. For me the offence looks like it will be better than its ever been in the past 30 years at least. And that's without changing anything besides adding 2023 top 5 C, and maybe PLD in UFA as well.

On defence, worst case if guys like Mailloux or Barron don't pan out, I'm confident we can trade parts of our bloated offence to upgrade defence.

Goaltending i don't have a clue lol we need a stud

That's a lot of question marks, mate.

I think the D is in good hands, but it will take time.

The net, who knows.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are we gonna have to start a "Cult of Dach" charter here now as well. :sarcasm:

I'm still a card carrying member of the old Cult of Eller charter. :)
I tried to dig up that “mon beau Lars” gif where a lady was fawning over him as she met him on the sidewalk and couldn’t find it. Anyone have it?

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad