Post-Game Talk: Another day, Another L. Habs lose 3-1 to the Caps

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He sure is a problem, a big one actually at 6.5/yr, he is like 4M overpaid and doesnt fit the new phylosophy Habs brass are looking for, which is a fast paced puck possession game, Gally kills plays all the time and can complete a pass to save his life.

He was the only forward skating yesterday.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I am unimpressed by Dach. As of now, he's literally Eller, but without Eller's shot.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Must suck to be Gallagher.
Overpaid by 3 mil, on the downside of his career, on a team that won’t make the playoffs for several years, playing from the 1st line to the 3rd line…

Reactions: the

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anderson probably comes the closest.
We’d need a line mate with assholish tendencies, like an Evander Kane. I think you’re right that Anderson has some of that but a meaner guy might be best, just to act as a deterrent since Caufield is also on that line.

Reactions: jrom and Habs10Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He sure is a problem, a big one actually at 6.5/yr, he is like 4M overpaid and doesnt fit the new phylosophy Habs brass are looking for, which is a fast paced puck possession game, Gally kills plays all the time and cant complete a pass to save his life.
Bergevin set a terrible standard and cost us Danault who rightly wanted to be paid in that same sphere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Some observations-
Xhekaj looked much more comfortable.
Wideman has to be replaced.
Drouin played hard tonight and maybe he needed embarrassing to get his head out of his arse.
The kids aren't the problem...one dimensional vets who are embarrassing themselves.
Like someone posted earlier....sit Hoffman and Dadonov and get Pitlick and Pezzetta in there.

The rookie D are holding their own.

Slaf is showing flashes that is exciting! Give him some PP time...why the hell not?

Gallagher has killed himself for this franchise and it blows me away how disrespected he is on this site by alot of folks who I hold in high regards. He has limited talent but his effort never wanes.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Slafkovsky played 12:41, which is more in line with the minutes he should be getting. Was also +1.

Jake Evans, Sean Monhan & Kirby Dach were 72%, 69% & 62% on faceoffs tonight, which is ridiculous. Dach & Monahan switch out with each only taking faceoffs on their forehands. That's working nicely.

Specialty teams are killers. PP is ugly. PK is scary to watch.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Some observations-
Xhekaj looked much more comfortable.
Wideman has to be replaced.
Drouin played hard tonight and maybe he needed embarrassing to get his head out of his arse.
The kids aren't the problem...one dimensional vets who are embarrassing themselves.
Like someone posted earlier....sit Hoffman and Dadonov and get Pitlick and Pezzetta in there.

The rookie D are holding their own.

Slaf is showing flashes that is exciting! Give him some PP time...why the hell not?

Gallagher has killed himself for this franchise and it blows me away how disrespected he is on this site by alot of folks who I hold in high regards. He has limited talent but his effort never wanes.

Word.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I'm pretty proud of Kaiden Guhle right now. The kid played another solid physical game, had 6 hits, and didn't back down after getting elbowed in the face by Anthony Mantha. Came back with a nasty crosscheck of his own, and threw the only good punch of the fight before being wrestled down. The kid is playing like a veteran now, he's reading the plays pretty well and he's using his size and speed to his advantage. Of course he's making some mistakes, but he's also a rookie.

Also nice to see Xhekaj get his first NHL point. I think I saw that he was the youngest undrafted Habs defenseman to ever get one for the Habs?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I got my eyes on Leo.

I love michkov but I'm not sure I want to wait 4 years.

The lie is thinking any one of them will solve all our problems. The league isn't short on teams with a few superstars leading to nowhere. Hughes must build a TEAM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad