Post-Game Talk: Another blown 3 period lead

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Guys, 13 game point streak, don't panic!

Seriously, giving up a lead finally cost them in that they couldn't lose or win in OT.

Thankfully, I guess, the division is so bad they can still make the playoffs.

If you hadn't noticed, the Bruins and Sens kept winning but The Wings were able to grab 2nd in the division because of the streak.

So there is that. Team fell off in play the last few games. Just a matter of trying to get back on track.

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
Nice effort team, that fuzzy feeling when the 3rd period clock hits 5:00 is just magical. Thankfully they can stop talking about this point streak and start focusing on these horrible efforts late in the game.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Damn. Can't afford to give up points against a team like this. Ottawa wins tonight also, so the standings are all the more tighter. Oh well, on to the next

Aug 6, 2012
This doesn't happen to the truly elite teams. The Wings offense is incredibly average, despite the 'depth' on paper. We have a lot of guys with 10 goals and we have even more guys who aren't doing anything.

Well we aren't truly elite so it shouldn't be too surprising. We continue to outplay teams so I'm not too worried yet. It has part to do with us playing worse, but these blown leads are also full of incredibly bad luck.

Was nice to see Richards play a good game. Larkin was good too just isn't getting the same opportunities.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Text book Blashill game. Abysmal offence, cough up 3rd period lead.

Jurco's effort on the penalty shot was the worst thing I have ever seen.

Are all the wins in spite of Blashill, or what?

Like Blashill is the coach from Varsity Blues and the team just has to break away from his strategy.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Did you guys know that not only is Zetterberg currently playing on this team, he had over 20 minutes of ice time? could have fooled me. Abby 18, didn't notice him this game

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
If you hadn't noticed, the Bruins and Sens kept winning but The Wings were able to grab 2nd in the division because of the streak.

So there is that. Team fell off in play the last few games. Just a matter of trying to get back on track.

Ya but we we're blowing leads every game during "the streak" too. It really is unacceptable in my opinion. I don't care where we are in the standings, or about the streak, these 3rd period blown leads should not happen in the NHL. Every once in a while sure, even 2 in a row can happen, but we literally blow the lead every game.

Its almost like we should purposely fall behind by a couple goals.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
@ArGarBarGar

In response to your post from the GDT, i just think looking at the # of points a team has can be very deceiving in terms of extrapolating how good they are. Just too many loser points to fatten up your point totals.

Yeah, only in the NHL can you go five wins and five losses and have it be called a positive 'streak' by some fans.

They are also +1.

Average team, nothing more, nothing less.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Damn. Can't afford to give up points against a team like this. Ottawa wins tonight also, so the standings are all the more tighter. Oh well, on to the next

Atlantic division nightly recap:
-Ottawa wins
-Tampa wins
-Boston 3rd period comeback to grab 1 point
-Detroit blows a 3rd period lead to a bottom feeder at home, and gets nothing

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Ya but we we're blowing leads every game during "the streak" too. It really is unacceptable in my opinion. I don't care where we are in the standings, or about the streak, these 3rd period blown leads should not happen in the NHL. Every once in a while sure, even 2 in a row can happen, but we literally blow the lead every game.

Its almost like we should purposely fall behind by a couple goals.

Dude, it doesn't matter, cuz pointz :)

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, only in the NHL can you go five wins and five losses and have it be called a positive 'streak' by some fans.

They are also +1.

Average team, nothing more, nothing less.
Earning points in the regular season is a positive. Whether you want them to all be points from wins or not.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Who was on the ice for those goals? I think Larkin was for 1 of them.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Earning points in the regular season is a positive. Whether you want them to all be points from wins or not.

Agree, we do need to start playing a little better like closer to Thanksgiving, but banking points is the name of the game right now. That is the regular season, we just need to keep cleaning up some areas, but this is not a fatal trend, it is something they will work out and it is better to have it happening now and gaining points than be in this kind of rut late in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad