Post-Game Talk: Another blown 3 period lead

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
No one deserves a star. They all deserve coal in their stockings for that **** show.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Holy moly. We had at least 5 opportunities with the goalie down and out and we either miss the net or get it blocked.

And yeah, these third period collapses are getting real old now.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Defense takes forever to move the puck out. Opposing teams just forecheck and it inevitably leads to a turnover.

Aug 6, 2012
We're generating offense, the hockey gods just ****ing hate us apparently. Every time the other team gets a lucky ****ing bounce and meanwhile there is a forcefield around their net... blows my mind.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
That was possibly the worst display of collective shooting I've seen from this team in a long time. Either completely off target or right into the goalie.

So disgusted with this game. Wish we would've been blown out instead.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Well deserved loss.

Mrazek was mostly good, didn't love the first goal. Helm was good. Larkin started good and then disappeared. Defence was mostly good, Marchenko, DK, Smith were all good.

Still have a bad taste in my mouth from that poor Jurco PS.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
We're generating offense, the hockey gods just ****ing hate us apparently. Every time the other team gets a lucky ****ing bounce and meanwhile there is a forcefield around their net... blows my mind.

This doesn't happen to the truly elite teams. The Wings offense is incredibly average, despite the 'depth' on paper. We have a lot of guys with 10 goals and we have even more guys who aren't doing anything.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Absolutely ridiculous.

We could be in 1st in the league if we knew how to hold on to a lead. It's not acceptable in my mind. People can go on all they want about the "point streak". The way I look at it, is we gave away an insane amount of points, and could be way higher in the standings. It really is pathetic. Actually, it was pathetic 5 blown leads ago, now its embarrassing.

Get Datsyuk off of this current line.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Guys, 13 game point streak, don't panic!

Seriously, giving up a lead finally cost them in that they couldn't lose or win in OT.

Thankfully, I guess, the division is so bad they can still make the playoffs.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Defense takes forever to move the puck out. Opposing teams just forecheck and it inevitably leads to a turnover.

Don't know what you're talking about. We're a million times faster at moving the puck out of the zone than we used to be. We're getting burned now because we aren't manning the slot well enough and because we can't ****ing score goals consistently.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
nyquist being robbed was the hockey gods way of telling them that blowing this many 3rd period leads is not acceptable

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Think Nyquist's would be goal would have been wiped out by Gator anyway for Goalie interference.

In any event disappointing effort, they finally paid for this without any points. They have some things to work on and Blash has a couple of practice days coming up where he can hammer home his points.

They need to play a little better across the board right now again....

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Called it early on, we were missing some great, great opportunities early in the game. Open nets, posts, missed penalty shot by Jurco etc. It came back to haunt us.

And of course Johnson had a ridiculous save at the end. We just couldn't score.

Oh well. May be good for this team to get a regulation loss so they can clear their heads of the streak and get back to playing winning hockey again.

Commence the panic-button posting.

Actual Thought*

Text book Blashill game. Abysmal offence, cough up 3rd period lead.

Jurco's effort on the penalty shot was the worst thing I have ever seen.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
@ArGarBarGar

In response to your post from the GDT, i just think looking at the # of points a team has can be very deceiving in terms of extrapolating how good they are. Just too many loser points to fatten up your point totals.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
gwg offsides in order for the play to be considered onsides all players must clear the zone. Buffalos players did not all clear the zone as they passed. Whats the point of replay if it failes like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad