Anna Kane Accuses Evander of Abandoning His Family and Betting On/Throwing Games Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
What I find the most fun about these threads isn't the actual situation of Evander Kane and the allegations from whoever in his family. It's the shit storm created by the media and the expected derailing of the interpretetations of the shit storm created by the media, where HF goes nuts.

Do I think Evander has a problem? Sure he does. He's not levelled in his mind, as to speak. Do I think his family has something to do with it, when he has thrown millions to appease them? Sure, I do expect his family is batshit crazy. Ignorant, uneducated, aggressive, toxic money sponges. "Abandoned" in this case is probably "Evander didn't buy everything I pointed at in my simple minded sense of entitlement - and I don't care that he doesn't have a mountain of money anymore." A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Like it really matters who in his family who spends all the money on nothing of sustainable value. Poor, ignorant, entitled folks.

Gambling problem? Sure. Who wouldn't try to escape reality living and providing for that family? A gambling problem is a light valve if you ask me. They are the reason why Evander Kane isn't more successful and calm in his mind. That's my take on it. His family is poison. I might be entirely wrong, but that's my hypothesis.

Evander Kane has reportedly given his family millions from his salary and has provided for them - big time. That was apparently not enough, instead they call him out as a villain. How f***ing dare they? If I was that family, I would just shut up and support him when he needs support. But in this case, 2+2=4.

If my brother was a hockey millionaire he wouldn't give me a dime unless I deserved it and I had a good reason for it (a well thought out project, not just to eat cheese doodles on the couch). Just not because I was family. But that's my culture.

But it's Kane's family. Batshit crazy. He is the provider slave for them now and they don't care about him. Now they cry that the money cattle in the family can't handle being a part of their vulture family.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Tbh the more I read here, the more it seems like both Anna and Evander are just awful people. Tiegen had "work done on her face"? Who gives a shit?

They should stick together, those two deserve each other :laugh:
Yeah I wouldn't imagine the person who volunteers to be Evander Kane's wife would be the best person in the world.

Reactions: Flair Hay

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
In regards to this abortion lawsuit, what does a "discovery" entail?

Discovery is a legal process where both sides of the case can review each sides evidence and investigate for exculpatory evidence. Since this is a civil matter the woman’s attorneys can subpoena any records from Kane to prove her case and he would have to turn that material over. Vice versa for Kane trying to combat the claim. As part of the process both with be disposed, which means they will have to answer questions from the other side’s legal counsel under oath and potential penalty of perjury.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Discovery is a legal process where both sides of the case can review each sides evidence and investigate for exculpatory evidence. Since this is a civil matter the woman’s attorneys can subpoena any records from Kane to prove her case and he would have to turn that material over. Vice versa for Kane trying to combat the claim. As part of the process both with be disposed, which means they will have to answer questions from the other side’s legal counsel under oath and potential penalty of perjury.
You sound like you know what you are talking about so...

My questions:

Would discovery also include subpoenas for documents for each side and in this instance subpoenas for medical records?
Or would that be HIPAA protected?

I have always envisioned discovery as each side gathering their cases and then trying to shock and awe the other side.
Am I in the neighborhood or way off on this?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

My questions:

Would discovery also include subpoenas for documents for each side and in this instance subpoenas for medical records?

I have always envisioned discovery as each side gathering their cases and then trying to shock and awe the other side.

I’m not a lawyer, I just do publicity for litigators. So my knowledge is layman’s. I don’t know what the HIPAA law are exactly, but I would imagine they can be subpoenaed in a related matter.

What each side in this case will likely be looking for is additional evidence of a valid contract between the parties. So my guess email, text messages and electronic communications will likely be the center. Any witnesses or third-party intermediaries may be subpoenaed and have to testify as well. It seems the dispute (based on the Athletic article) is that Kane pulled back an offer before the procedure was performed.

Reactions: Lt Dan

knew803

Feb 10, 2009
I’m not a lawyer, I just do publicity for litigators. So my knowledge is layman’s. I don’t know what the HIPAA law are exactly, but I would imagine they can be subpoenaed in a related matter.

What each side in this case will likely be looking for is additional evidence of a valid contract between the parties. So my guess email, text messages and electronic communications will likely be the center. Any witnesses or third-party intermediaries may be subpoenaed and have to testify as well. It seems the dispute (based on the Athletic article) is that Kane pulled back an offer before the procedure was performed.
After the procedure occurred I believe based on the following paragraph

“Then, on June 13, 2018, Plaintiff sent Defendant a text message of her lab results, which confirmed she had terminated the third pregnancy. When Plaintiff requested Defendant update her on the status of her payment, Defendant, for the first time, told (Plaintiff) he was not going to pay her, stating: ‘I’ll have my lawyer contact you I’m not dealing with this any further then.’

Kane argued he changed his mind before but the judge was unimpressed with that argument. It will come down to whether he said anything before the procedure occurred. If not he owes the money.

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006

My questions:

Medical records are fair game when using subpoenas. It's how you get medical records when someone gets an attorney. HIPAA only deals with entities like physicians, medical facilities, insurers who have to be careful not to release medical records to the wrong parties without a subpoena or signed authorization.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
See the right side of my avatar for where Kane is trying to reach with his behaviour.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
This might be the case. But, it is also possible she should just get a job and support and provide security for herself. Spouses shouldn´t be financially dependent on each other, it´s 2021 not 1921.

Yeah, it's 2021, where 49 millions should cover an entire family's needs.

You might think two people shouldn't depend on each other, but I'd rather if two people didn't depend on daycare, TV dinners and strangers to take care of a home, themselves and their children.

I had the chance to spend a total of 4 years without working and my spouse almost 5 years, so we could spend more time with the kid and if we were millionaires, you better believe I'd have had no problem of one of us never worked another day of his life. I've teamed up with someone to make our lives easier and happier, not so we could work all the time and get more money to spend on useless shit we have no time and energy to enjoy.

A spouse can gamble the money you earn too, BTW. Her failings were not that she did not work. It's that she didn't take care of her affairs and her finances and seemed to have poor marital arrangements.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Now, a new concern: A federal bankruptcy judge gave the go-ahead for discovery in a lawsuit filed by Hope Parker, who alleges Kane reneged on a promise to pay her at least $2 million if she aborted their pregnancy.
That means Parker, who first sued in 2018 in California state court, can begin seeking testimony and electronic correspondence from Kane, who says he changed his mind about paying Parker before she sent him proof of the abortion. That argument did not win over bankruptcy judge Stephen Johnson.
“Plaintiff (Parker) was unwilling to terminate the third pregnancy until Defendant (Kane) offered her two to three million dollars to do so,” Johnson wrote. (According to bankruptcy court documents, Parker allegedly aborted a fetus conceived with the hockey player twice before, and Kane paid her $125,000 for the second abortion.) “Then, on June 13, 2018, Plaintiff sent Defendant a text message of her lab results, which confirmed she had terminated the third pregnancy. When Plaintiff requested Defendant update her on the status of her payment, Defendant, for the first time, told (Plaintiff) he was not going to pay her, stating: ‘I’ll have my lawyer contact you I’m not dealing with this any further then.’

Judge rules Sharks' Evander Kane must face discovery in abortion-for-pay lawsuit

Figures why this moron went bankrupt. He had a woman abort a fœtus for $125K, then another one with the promise of paying her $2M if she did. She did it and he reneged on the payment. If this kid couldn’t figure out that condoms are cheaper than hundreds of thousands of $$$ there’s no helping him.

Also real smart of him to impregnate a woman who tried to extort him for an abortion.

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
Jeez the more stuff that comes out makes him betting on NHL games seem like more and more of an actual possibility.

This is just the stuff coming out publically too so I wonder what other dumbass stuff he's done.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Judge rules Sharks' Evander Kane must face discovery in abortion-for-pay lawsuit

Figures why this moron went bankrupt. He had a woman abort a fœtus for $125K, then another one with the promise of paying her $2M if she did. She did it and he reneged on the payment. If this kid couldn’t figure out that condoms are cheaper than hundreds of thousands of $$$ there’s no helping him.

Also real smart of him to impregnate a woman who tried to extort him for an abortion.
That's a lot of paper for surely sire. He also did pay a lot of money to his family he was having in his house that time. So the media has told and written. So many people there and all. I've been just reading bout this in the internet. Here and all the written articles.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
My boldest prediction on Evander Kane.

He goes the route of publishing a book on his autobiography. Does what Theo Fleury does and tries to make people feel bad for his bad decisions.

First of all.... Fleury was fully admitting of the fact that he was a POS for a long time and routinely disrespected his employers, family, friends, the league etc. He was straight up honest about his problems and didn't try to blame anyone. People felt bad for Fleury because of what he went through as a kid, between a neglectful father and a sexual predator as a coach. He was also forthcoming and didn't try to hide anything.

Now on the flip side, the dude was abused as a kid so one could understand why he drank like a fish and did a boat load of drugs. I'm not saying self-medicating is good, but you can understand why he did all that stuff. A lot of people who go through situations like his use drugs/alcohol to cope, right or wrong. Often, you feel like you're trapped and just want to escape reality.

Reactions: atticus ross
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad