GDT: Anime GDT pt.2 - Electric Boogaloo - Chicago at NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That play, playing the puck behind the net and he totally ignored Vatanen at the corner who was setup waiting for the puck and instead fired it down the boards to the Chicago guy was a bad play tonight by him.

I wouldn't mind putting in MB again tomorrow, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving Keith a game....
I thought about 3 or 4 of the goals he allowed tonight were bad, but will be reviewing again for second looks and deflections that were pointed out.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Season is over, I don't care if they play Kinkaid on the second half of a back to back.

We need to see more Blackwood as he might have a future here where the other two don't, but he can't play every game either.

No he can’t but he can play the back to back before the devils break. If he’s fully healthy shouldn’t be a problem. Columbus would be a big test. If the devils win it will be a large part because of their goaltending.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Agreed. But also because Blackwood wasnt great tonight, and in a true goalie platoon, it should be roll with the hot hand and sit after a poor game.
I'd rather play Blackwood most games going forward, because Kinkaid and Schneider have no real future here after this season.

If he struggles though, then you can talk about not playing him as much or platooning, but it's only been one poor game so far and 5 really good ones.

He was due for a game like this.

Reactions: liquid1988

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Agreed. But also because Blackwood wasnt great tonight, and in a true goalie platoon, it should be roll with the hot hand and sit after a poor game.

This is more not like a true platoon, but more like a hostile takeover at this point. KK doesn't necessarily get the "benefit of the doubt" the way most of his season has shaped out.

He did have the chances and ability to take the horns and run with it earlier this season...........

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No he can’t but he can play the back to back before the devils break. If he’s fully healthy shouldn’t be a problem. Columbus would be a big test. If the devils win it will be a large part because of their goaltending.
I'd rather wait until after this. He just came off injury. 3 games in 4 nights is too much for right now.

Let him loose in a back to back after the break. We have some more.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is more not like a true platoon, but more like a hostile takeover at this point. KK doesn't necessarily get the "benefit of the doubt" the way most of his season has shaped out.

He did have the chances and ability to take the horns and run with it earlier this season...........
He did run with it earlier this season, but it also helped that Schneider was downright unplayable. Cam Ward tonight looked like your typical Schneider game this season.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Blackwood was poor today.

But it was his first bad game. I only counted one weak goal on him before tonight.

I'd go back to Kinkaid tomorrow (even if he had an easy 18 save shutout I would have) and then see what happens after that. No need to play Blackwood 3 times in 4 days after injury. No need to play any goalie in back to backs at this point in the year, since it's a lost season.

I'd play Blackwood in back to backs at some point though, just to see how he handles it, but no need tomorrow.

I really wouldn't count any weak goals on him tonight. The first one was a rip by Kane, that probably would've been deflected if a better dman than Greene was playing him one on one.

The second goal was a result of Kane just ripping a one timer, given Blackwood no time to set up, and if half the team wasn't in the right corner trying to play puck and someone was paying attention to where Kane was (on the other side of the ice with no one covering him), they could've maybe stopped that shot from happening and forced him to do something else with the puck instead of shooting it as Blackwood wasn't set and was still in the process of tracking the puck.

The third goal was a result of horrible defense from the forwards that just let seabrook skate through them and get a shot on net in a high danger scoring area.

The 4th goal was thanks to Butcher screening the hell out of Blackwood, because he decided to take the scenic route behind the net for some reason and came out in front of Blackwood.

The fifth goal was horrible defense and a shot in a high scoring area.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
He did run with it earlier this season, but it also helped that Schneider was downright unplayable. Cam Ward tonight looked like your typical Schneider game this season.

That's why I wouldn't mind MB getting another game in (unless injury or fitness corners)..... KK had his opportunities. He can come into the NYI game if something doesn't pan out tomorrow...

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Can we just get into this back-to-back game with a positive...

The guys looked really fired up this game in a positive way all game long. At least for most of it when the TV panned to them on the bench...

I'd cut them some slack tonight, they walked out of this one with 2 points....... we've seen worse :)

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
That's a lottttta High Praise for Coleman coming from Hynes..... "perfect" was used quite a few times in his answer block.....

Not that I disagree at all... just making a note of it :)

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad