GDT: Anime GDT pt.2 - Electric Boogaloo - Chicago at NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Was in the air and landed not too long ago. They scored 8 goals? What is this sorcery?

Glad they were able to bail a goalie out for once. Especially one who's been playing well and deserves it.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Lol devils out chanced hawks nearly 2-1 with 25 scoring chances. Cam ward sucks but so did Big Mac tn.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Put kids to bed at 6-1.. They chanted for a 10-1 game.

Had to settle for 8-5. Still have to check that off as a victory.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol devils out chanced hawks nearly 2-1 with 25 scoring chances. Cam ward sucks but so did Big Mac tn.
Blackwood was poor today.

But it was his first bad game. I only counted one weak goal on him before tonight.

I'd go back to Kinkaid tomorrow (even if he had an easy 18 save shutout I would have) and then see what happens after that. No need to play Blackwood 3 times in 4 days after injury. No need to play any goalie in back to backs at this point in the year, since it's a lost season.

I'd play Blackwood in back to backs at some point though, just to see how he handles it, but no need tomorrow.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
This is a game that makes our underperformers look worth while and ‘pad’ their stats. Just some barely nhl level hockey being played. The devils were still dominated by the hawks elite players. They just don’t have anything outside one or two guys. Also, first game where Blackwood showed his rawness.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It's funny seeing everyone just say "Cam Ward."

Was he good? No. But the Blackhawks played horrendously in the dzone and constantly turned the puck over through the middle when entering the ozone (resulting in odd man counters).

The system they play is awful defensively. Much like ours.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

But it was his first bad game. I only counted one weak goal on him before tonight.

I'd go back to Kinkaid tomorrow (even if he had an easy 18 save shutout I would have) and then see what happens after that. No need to play Blackwood 3 times in 4 days after injury. No need to play any goalie in back to backs at this point in the year, since it's a lost season.

I'd play Blackwood in back to backs at some point though, just to see how he handles it, but no need tomorrow.

That play, playing the puck behind the net and he totally ignored Vatanen at the corner who was setup waiting for the puck and instead fired it down the boards to the Chicago guy was a bad play tonight by him.

I wouldn't mind putting in MB again tomorrow, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving Keith a game....

haak84

Oct 18, 2017

Go with Blackwood tomorrow. Devils have a little win streak and some life behind him. They are routinely embarrassed by torts and the jackets so I don’t expect a quality effort. If there was a game to test Big Macs will it would be tomorrow.

Flip side is don’t test him from coming back from an injury. Go with Kinkaid. Devils get dominated Kinkaid allows 5 and this board wants his head.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's funny seeing everyone just say "Cam Ward."

Was he good? No. But the Blackhawks played horrendously in the dzone and constantly turned the puck over through the middle when entering the ozone (resulting in odd man counters).

The system they play is awful defensively. Much like ours.
Cam Ward played a game much like we've seen our goalies play this year.

Ward sucked, the defense sucked too.

Just like Schneider has sucked in every game he's played, Kinkaid has sucked in almost half the games he's played in and the defense has also sucked in many of them as well, like the Anaheim game where they scored 3 goals on Schneider, after he allowed at least 2 softies early.

Cam Ward is a BAD goalie, no matter where he plays.

Why can't both the goalies and the defense be bad ever?

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
This is a game that makes our underperformers look worth while and ‘pad’ their stats. Just some barely nhl level hockey being played. The devils were still dominated by the hawks elite players. They just don’t have anything outside one or two guys. Also, first game where Blackwood showed his rawness.

I think you are looking too much out from this game. It was 6-1, then 6-3. 7-3...... . NJ had the gas on most game, and was generating offense practically all game. Some defensive (and goalie miscues), but to me, they never seemed like Chicago had the ice tilted towards them much, except for a shift in the 3rd where they caught out our guys for a long time, and with the extra man at the end.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Go with Blackwood tomorrow. Devils have a little win streak and some life behind him. They are routinely embarrassed by torts and the jackets so I don’t expect a quality effort. If there was a game to test Big Macs will it would be tomorrow.

Flip side is don’t test him from coming back from an injury. Go with Kinkaid. Devils get dominated Kinkaid allows 5 and this board wants his head.
Season is over, I don't care if they play Kinkaid on the second half of a back to back.

We need to see more Blackwood as he might have a future here where the other two don't, but he can't play every game either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad