GDT: Anime GDT pt.2 - Electric Boogaloo - Chicago at NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Indeed, a very tall order. Also need some "around the NHL" scoreboard luck, but if they can also win the 4 point games specifically that matter with the teams above and around, and win the division games, the stack for the Wildcard race could tighten up earlier.....
Tall order. It’s always good to believe in something. So what the hey? Gonna be rough without #9.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Indeed, a very tall order. Also need some "around the NHL" scoreboard luck, but if they can also win the 4 point games specifically that matter with the teams above and around, and win the division games, the stack for the Wildcard race could tighten up earlier.....

I try to keep my spirits up, you see...
I believe the schedules are set up to have a lot of division games later in the season, so that should help some with the scoreboard luck. At this point though, I've given up. I just want to see us actually develop some guys like Blackwood, Mueller, Santini, Wood, Zacha, Seney, etc. for next season and beyond.

Reactions: Quest for Stanley

Camille the Eel

After giving up the goals at the end of the 2nd, the biggest thing I wanted to see was how Blackwood handled the adversity and if he would lose confidence.

Watching the 3rd, he seemed to bobble the puck more and be play a bit nervous. He's got to get over that.
Yes he did. But he also made a bunch of really tough stops. That 2 on 1 on Kane especially and also a couple of point blank blasts before the guy roofed the last one.

He’s got the tools to be a good asset for us but he’s very green and the name of our game should be development where he’s concerned. The initial honeymoon is over and also clubs are starting to figure him out a little. Witness the repeated quick shots low blocker side.

So let’s keep him mentally sharp after the shooting gallery this evening. Quite apart from the physical wear of a game like this. Whoever starts tomorrow is going to be under siege and we do not provide a lot of shelter for our netminders. It should be Keith tomorrow, well rested after three days or more off.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I believe the schedules are set up to have a lot of division games later in the season, so that should help some with the scoreboard luck. At this point though, I've given up. I just want to see us actually develop some guys like Blackwood, Mueller, Santini, Wood, Zacha, Seney, etc. for next season and beyond.

Yes, it's a pretty far out pipedream .... but :)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't even think the defense played bad tonight, outside of a couple guys. Severson and Butcher looked noticeably bad tonight. Butcher has looked very solid for a while, contrary to popular opinion, Not tonight.

Tonight's game reminded me of last week against Buffalo, only we actually had a pulse and generated chances all night long. But as far as our defensive game and goaltending goes, it reminded me of the Buffalo game. I thought Blackwood looked as bad or even worse than Kinkaid did that game in Buffalo.

I thought Blackwood was poor tonight and he knows it, as he acknowledged in the post game. He was due for a game like this, so I wouldn't go and say the defense kills all our goalies or whatever the meme is. I thought it was worse than his game against Dallas, where he had no chance on any of the 5 goals allowed. He was due to have a game like this, but luckily it came in a game where we bailed him out and blew the other team up. It was only a matter of time before he had a game like this. It doesn't mean that he's not still very likely the best goalie in the organization.

The games where the defense was really bad in recent memory were the Dallas and Toronto games. They were easily the worst in the last month. The Buffalo game was also horrendous, but mostly because we didn't have the puck more than three times that night.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I thought Blackwood was poor tonight and he knows it, as he acknowledged in the post game. He was due for a game like this, so I wouldn't go and say the defense kills all our goalies or whatever the meme is. I thought it was worse than his game against Dallas, where he had no chance on any of the 5 goals allowed. He was due to have a game like this, but luckily it came in a game where we bailed him out and blew the other team up. It was only a matter of time before he had a game like this. It doesn't mean that he's not still very likely the best goalie in the organization.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
gotta say, good for kevin rooney
This makes Quenneville look even more lousy.

Pietila and Rooney already have twice as many points as he does, in not even as many games combined.

That's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad