Prospect Info: Angus Crookshank 126th

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Yeah I really like this kid. He's closer than I realized.

Too bad he got injured in a meaningless rookie game, hope it doesn't go beyond October so that he can still have a 60+ game season. Crookshank can stand to gain a bit more size to support his style of play as the opposition will be gunning for him (the same way they do with Gallagher) all game long. I think we do have a future NHLer in Crookshank too, perhaps in the bottom-6 but will like to see him dominate in the AHL first using his pesky style of play.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That really sucks for him, that’s pretty much an entire season of development gone, and a year where he had a legit chance to get some NHL games. Next season will be a lot stiffer competition for an ever dwindling number of spots up front.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
This probably kills his chance at being an NHLer.

Damnit that sucks. Have been rooting for this guy from day 1.

If we lose Paul at the end of the season then I think the door is still open but you might be right at least for the Sens.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
If we lose Paul at the end of the season then I think the door is still open but you might be right at least for the Sens.
Yeah, there is always a chance but for a guy like him who wasn’t a very high draft pick and has been on an upward trajectory; this stagnants all that progress he’s made and resets it.
It’s an uphill battle from here.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

maybe in Ottawa but there is 30 other clubs and he’ll be back at 23/24 to his former self.

Trocheck had the same injury and look at the numbers last season

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Perhaps a tad dramatic but it makes that road much tougher for sure. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery as he was really flying and his development was on a steep upward rise.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
maybe in Ottawa but there is 30 other clubs and he’ll be back at 23/24 to his former self.

Trocheck had the same injury and look at the numbers last season
I agrée with the bolded….

As for the other sentence; I understand the point you’re trying to make, but Crookshank isn’t a top-6 player; if and when he makes it - it’ll be in a bottom-6 role that is a replaceable commodity in the NHL unfortunately.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Yeah, there is always a chance but for a guy like him who wasn’t a very high draft pick and has been on an upward trajectory; this stagnants all that progress he’s made and resets it.
It’s an uphill battle from here.
It resets it? Got any scientific proof or something to back this up or? This is one of the most bro-science things ive read on here in a while lol

He's just entering his second professional season and just about to turn 22. Injury really sucks and timing is pretty bad but writing him off completely because of this is dumb. It might affect him physically when he comes back but you don't know how much this is going to affect him until he actually comes back. Whether that's with Ottawa or another organization is another question

Reactions: MatchesMalone

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I agrée with the bolded….

As for the other sentence; I understand the point you’re trying to make, but Crookshank isn’t a top-6 player; if and when he makes it - it’ll be in a bottom-6 role that is a replaceable commodity in the NHL unfortunately.

i think 15/20G 200+hits while being responsible defensively while agitating has more staying power.. if he hits his potential that’s a guy you can’t just go down to the flea market to replace

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
MCL and ACL. That's rough. Kid must be crushed right now. Poor guy.
I have had that happen to me & it's a long hard gruelling road back, but the technology today is 100% better than when I had it done & I'm quite sure he has great surgeons. I had my done by the knee guru at the time at the Carleton University Sports Medical centre, I forget his name it's been so long. I finally had it replaced a few yrs ago & it's a lot better now.

Reactions: Cosmix

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Hoping Angus is back in 4 months than 6 to get 25-30 games this season. As he rehabs he will likely get some advanced strength and conditioning to get on the ice with a bit more muscle. He is not the biggest guy but with a bit of strength and size he can help his style of play make him NHL salary as an effective bottom-6 winger.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I have had that happen to me & it's a long hard gruelling road back, but the technology today is 100% better than when I had it done & I'm quite sure he has great surgeons. I had my done by the knee guru at the time at the Carleton University Sports Medical centre, I forget his name it's been so long. I finally had it replaced a few yrs ago & it's a lot better now.

Doctor Johnson, he took care of my knee too around 2002. Think he is retired now.

Reactions: OD99 and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Doctor Johnson, he took care of my knee too around 2002. Think he is retired now.
Yea, that's him Dr Don Johnson I think, really good doctor at the time with a good reputation. He repaired my left knee at least twice. Dr, Fibel replaced my knee at the General a number of yrs ago, he's pretty good too.

Reactions: Cosmix and armani

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Yea, that's him Dr Don Johnson I think, really good doctor at the time with a good reputation. He repaired my left knee at least twice. Dr, Fibel replaced my knee at the General a number of yrs ago, he's pretty good too.
Yup, Dr. Don Johnson, same as the Miami Vice actor. He did both of my brother's knees.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad