Prospect Info: Angus Crookshank 126th

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I hope he does well and sticks in the NHL going forward just for his name alone

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He looked fine. Was noticeable a few times in his limited minutes. Too bad his shot didn't find a way in, early in the game.

He was engaged, finished checks and as usual the puck found him a few times so all in all I would say it was a successful first game. I could see his game complimenting the 3rd line as well.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1703079070440.png

• Love
Reactions: Icelevel

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Quite disappointing result overall but I really enjoyed watching Crookshank last night. He still has learning to do but his energy, drive and desire were a breath of fresh air.

Honestly, it sounds ridiculous but I even liked his attitude from the solo lap the other night. 100% business, skate right at the net and wire one. No looking around in wonder thinking he’s made it. He’s a man on a mission and he’s hungry to prove himself.

It’s going to be hard to return him to Belleville if he keeps playing like that.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
He definitely seemed noticeable almost every shift. Although perhaps i was watching for him too. Was fun watching him on a line with Ridly. Might be a role there for him to settle into.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He definitely seemed noticeable almost every shift. Although perhaps i was watching for him too. Was fun watching him on a line with Ridly. Might be a role there for him to settle into.

Yeah I liked that line last night. Greig is going to be such a good player for us. A line of Crook- Greig - Pinto would be a huge pain in the ass to play against.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Quite disappointing result overall but I really enjoyed watching Crookshank last night. He still has learning to do but his energy, drive and desire were a breath of fresh air.

Honestly, it sounds ridiculous but I even liked his attitude from the solo lap the other night. 100% business, skate right at the net and wire one. No looking around in wonder thinking he’s made it. He’s a man on a mission and he’s hungry to prove himself.

It’s going to be hard to return him to Belleville if he keeps playing like that.

I would send McEwwwwen, Penalty Kelly, Shartier,Smejkal AND Kastelic down (in that order) before I send AAA Angus Crookshank down. He is, was, and will be better than any of those guys on the 4th line when the team’s full strength.

Reactions: Sensatauro

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
A 3rd line of Ridley Joseph and Crookshank would be great fun to watch and drive other teams crazy.

This is the type of forward group I'd want for next year (there's always a guy injured so Kastelic as the 13th forward is fine) :

Tkachuk - Norris - Giroux
Greig - Stutzle - Batherson
Teräväinen - Pinto - Joseph
Crookshank - Dickinson - Duhaime
Kastelic

Jarventie and Ostapchuk in the AHL as call-up options, want them to develop another year, they will still be waivers exempt

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I dont see any scenario where that happens haha. Assuming he keeps bringing that energy and compete level, fun player i know alot of it is adrenalin right now but I think he likely has limited minutes so he should be able to bring alot of energy night in and night out.

He's for sure gonna be here until Joseph is back. I think he can fit into Kubalik's spot when they are inevitably forced to trade him.

Reactions: DrEasy and Bileur

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Just in case anyone is interested to know what was said about Crooked in the rankings from this summer.

Crookshank

Dude's going to be a shit disturber on the 3rd line in a few years

He has been my darkhorse for a few years running. It's crazy how the timing of an injury can derail these poor kids for so long.

He was primed to be a full menace 2 years ago and got the ACL injury in the rookie tourney.

Can't rate him yet but I think he will bring all the pieces you like to our bottom 6. Can skate, has plenty of offensive IQ, doesn't mind getting to dirty areas and has an edge. He will be a player for us, I am certain.

Now is the time for Crookshank.

Untapped potential and I like how his trajectory had been moving prior to the injury. I expect him to be solid from day 1 this year, a full year removed from recovery.

Sticking with Crookshank, future shit disturber for us

I'm not sure how crookshank is still there after he lost a full year of development and still came back to score 26 in the ahl.

He'll play nhl hockey on our third line imo.

47 points on a terrible AHL team isn't anything to get excited about.

Crookshank is a mediocre producer who relies on a high shot volume and powerplay time to get numbers. That's not going to fly in the NHL for a guy that's probably on your 4th line. He's an atrocious defensive player to boot. So what does he do for you in the show?

I think missing an entire season probably killed his chances of being anything.

Crookshank is listed at 5'10" 180 lbs. Kelly is 6'0" and 188 in comparison.

Crookshank did do some scoring In Belleville last season Games 71 Goals 26 Assists 21 Points 47 PIMS 31 (more than Kelly ever did).

However, I think he is too small as we need to get bigger and tougher to compete in the playoffs.

Crooksy is criminally underrated. Again.

I don't see Crookshank as an NHL player, more likely a career AHL player or cup of coffee player where he gets some games.
Crookshank is going to end up as a career AHL player.

Very likely

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
in case anyone is interested to know what was said about Crooked in the rankings from this summer.

I know you like the player but might want to hit the brakes a little before declaring victory. He’s had a fine couple games, thought not without warts. It’s good to see him carry over his fearless style, he’s got to bring it consistently and make improvements on the defensive side.

Reactions: Cosmix

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I know you like the player but might want to hit the brakes a little before declaring victory. He’s had a fine couple games, thought not without warts. It’s good to see him carry over his fearless style, he’s got to bring it consistently and make improvements on the defensive side.
Nope. Im all in. Burn the boats. This guy is a legit NHLer.

Said the same thing about Paul when people were calling bust on him. I'm on a 1 for 1 streak and it gonna be 2.

I'm also still all in with Boucher too. I think hes gonna be a good 3rd liner. On the record, baby.

Staking the entire dumbdick name on that one.

Reactions: OD99

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Felt bad for Kubalik's health being on the same line as Greig and Crookshank

No way you're leaving the game without numerous post-whistle scrums/scraps playing with those two.

Hopefully it'll get him more involved in the game, the guy is soft as butter and could certainly benefit from a more ''active'' style of play.

Reactions: chipsens

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013

I'm here for the Crookshankin!
GSG!

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad