Speculation: Andrew Nielsen Possibly Traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It would explain why it wasn't announced either. Something had happened very late last night, especially in a likely minor trade, wouldn't be announced right away and not likely caught by insiders that are still on vacation.

Or he changed his “insta-twitter-book” status after he and his mates had a few......

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
no it wouldn't good call, its hard to do that by accident you need to go to edit details etc im sure

still though your earlier point about him knowing at 1AM yet the trade still not announced at 9AM, I think he hasn't been traded. Maybe he moved to Oakville or something? I don't know

Yeah, I’m skepticle.

But like I said, maybe it’s a situation where the NHL offices are on limited hours since it’s August and there’s no one there at 1am to do a trade call, so maybe it’s scheduled for some time around 11 or 12, so 8 or 9 am in Anaheim

It’s either that, or this is nothing and we are all crazy :laugh:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yeah, I’m skepticle.

But like I said, maybe it’s a situation where the NHL offices are on limited hours since it’s August and there’s no one there at 1am to do a trade call, so maybe it’s scheduled for some time around 11 or 12, so 8 or 9 am in Anaheim

im putting a mortgage payment on the bolded being the correct answer

Reactions: DarkKnight

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
He's friends with Josh Mahura. That is no reason to follow another NHL club on social media.

Mitch Marner doesn't follow the Arizona Coyotes, even though his buddies play there.

so it's impossible to follow an nhl club on insta unless you've been traded there. check.

Reactions: Obliviate

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Is there not a local reporter in Lethbridge ( or wherever Nielsen lives) that could go knock on his door and ask him the details and report back to the board?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
so it's impossible to follow an nhl club on insta unless you've been traded there. check.

for example John Taveras NYI legend and former captain follows nearly every NYI player on twitter and also follows a Long Island twitter account but doesn't follow the New York Islanders twitter account

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Basically, yes.

I have never seen a NHL player start following another NHL club on social media, after they've been drafted.

FWIW, I used to know the Social Media person for the London Knights. He explained part of their job is to train the players on using social media and what not and keep an eye on their accounts. He said one of the things they tell the players is not follow any other teams in the CHL, and just the Knights.

I don’t know if it’s similar in the NHL, but I’d imagine it is

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is there not a local reporter in Lethbridge ( or wherever Nielsen lives) that could go knock on his door and ask him the details and report back to the board?

Where’s Dave Feschuk to track down a players parents when we actually need him to!

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
He did it a t 1am? Maybe his drunk buddy was just messing with his phone and Andrew doesn't even know it was done.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Ok so even if there is a minor deal in the works ANA is a likely trade partner.

If all we know is that Nielsen is the only person involved then there will hardly be any waves.

Something to keep an eye on...

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Yeah, I’m skepticle.

Or maybe its been a 'long' offseason, and he's pulling one over Leafs fans??

Although what adds extra credibility to this is that the Leafs and Anaheim seem to love to make annual trades with each other...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Or maybe its been a 'long' offseason, and he's pulling one over Leafs fans??

Although what adds extra credibility to this is that the Leafs and Anaheim seem to love to make annual trades with each other...

That’s the thing :laugh: the Leafs and Ducks always make some sort of trade. And given how pushed down the depth chart Nielsen is, it makes sense for him to be dealt.

There’s this juicy, realism that feeds all of our transaction deprived bodies

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Actually, was just thinking, this wouldn’t explain why he removed Toronto as his location.
Well, where did he change it to? He probably went home for the summer and, should he be back with the Marlies, would then change it back to Toronto.

Also possible he's quietly requested a trade and knows he will not be in TO long term now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad