Speculation: Andrew Nielsen Possibly Traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Maple Leafs prospect Andrew Nielsen has followed the Anaheim Ducks Instagram account.

He's also removed Toronto as his location.

He doesn't follow any other NHL accounts, except for the Maple Leafs and now the Ducks.

This is unusual activity on his account. Nielsen had a very tough season, in terms of development. He has slowly fallen back, with the additions of defencemen like Calle Rosen and Andreas Borgman. There has recently been a big influx of young defencemen added to the organization. With Nielsen's struggles to improve his mobility and skating, he may have become expendable.

This isn't a sure-thing but sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire.

Last edited:

Losveratos

Feb 14, 2012
If you found that out yourself through detective work, that's awesome.

It may not be right but it's still a great little find.

Good job ^_^

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Dang it. Now I'm gonna be sitting here all day wondering until when/if a trade goes down

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Great work Heratio.

Probably just a low end prospect for low end prospect type deal if it is a deal

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m hearing Josh Manson for Connor Brown, Andrew Nielsen and a 2nd Round Pick

Edit: this is a joke from an article on TLN, where they proposed 17 trades to make the Leafs better, all using the same package of Brown, Nielsen and a 2nd

Last edited:

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I’m hearing Josh Manson for Connor Brown, Andrew Nielsen and a 2nd Round Pick
:laugh: Manson was the first thing I said when my coworker was telling me about this whole thing earlier.

We'd settled on Nielsen, Bracco and a 2nd.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That's interesting. I would have no idea what to expect out of a trade like this.

I hope it's not for another goaltender!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Maple Leafs prospect Andrew Nielsen has followed the Anaheim Ducks Instagram account.

He's also removed Toronto as his location.

He doesn't follow any other NHL accounts, except for the Maple Leafs and now the Ducks.

This is unusual activity on his account. Nielsen had a very tough season, in terms of development. He has slowly fallen back, with the additions of defencemen like Calle Rosen and Andreas Borgman. There has recently been a big influx of young defencemen added to the organization. With Nielsen's struggles to improve his mobility and skating, he may have become expendable.

This isn't a sure-thing but sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire.

From your comments, I expect a bag of pucks.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It’s interesting to me that Nielsen would of been told, but no trade has been announced.

Typically players being notified is the last step prior to the deal being announced.

So yeah, it’s odd to me

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It’s interesting to me that Nielsen would of been told, but no trade has been announced.

Typically players being notified is the last step prior to the deal being announced.

So yeah, it’s odd to me

Anaheim are 1st in alphabetical order right? maybe he was just checking out all nhl instagrams and actually followed the first one

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO

So yeah, it’s odd to me

yea, which means it might just be nothing.

... a package for manson though would be amazing.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Imagine if the main stream sports media weren't all lazy writers who throw together something in a hour or so a few times a week. There is a fountain of information out there for someone actually making an effort.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I could see it just being for future considerations/a late pick. Clears up a contract slot, a defenceman spot on the Marlies. Leafs should be figuring out a way to get Durzi in the AHL this year, and possibly also Holloway. I'm not a fan of allocating picks to re-entries who have to go back to the CHL for an over-ager year. Especially in the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad