Speculation: Andrew Nielsen Possibly Traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Memories of 2003 when Sergei Gonchar inexplicably played for the Toronto Maple Leafs on the Sportsnet bio page, and everyone lost their marbles thinking that a trade was imminent.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
no it wouldn't good call, its hard to do that by accident you need to go to edit details etc im sure

still though your earlier point about him knowing at 1AM yet the trade still not announced at 9AM, I think he hasn't been traded. Maybe he moved to Oakville or something? I don't know
He's from Red Deer. So maybe went home for the summer.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
yeah but im assuming last summer he didn't change his location from Toronto though? otherwise we would of had this thread then
So what? Maybe he decided to this summer.

I mentioned before that perhaps he quietly requested a trade.
That will be my double secret thesis for this.
Andrew Nielsen has requested a trade.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
College Free Agency opens today. Maybe they have their eye on someone and want to clear a contract slot

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Maybe he reads HF and heard on the trade board that Nylander had to be traded there and followed them to get updates on his good buddy Willy :sarcasm:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Yeah, he's no longer following them.

Management should have a chat with Andrew.

a chat for what? Following an NHL team... people on here take this shit too seriously. It's not against his contract or the CBA to follow another NHL team on social media. Who cares. Most of these guys have friends on all teams.

Reactions: Iapyi

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
the change of location from Toronto is the more interesting part. He follows a friend who is on the dallas stars yet doesn't follow the dallas stars

why is this such a big deal? who cares, he followed a team lol. It literally doesn't mean anything. The NHL is such an old age thinking league and so are a lot of the fans.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
why is this such a big deal? who cares, he followed a team lol. It literally doesn't mean anything. The NHL is such an old age thinking league and so are a lot of the fans.

you are right it didn't create 4 pages of discussion on a message board.

Why is looking into something on social media old age thinking? wouldn't it be new age thinking?

I really don't care either way what happened (trade, mistake etc) it was just an interesting thing to talk about on the 15th of August on the NHL calendar. If that bothers you then you might be in the wrong place

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
ANA has a strong history of developing D prospects maybe it's a nudge to management to send him there.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
why is this such a big deal? who cares, he followed a team lol. It literally doesn't mean anything. The NHL is such an old age :wally: thinking league and so are a lot of the fans.

It's not a big deal but Leaf fans are chomping at the bit :vhappy: for anything about the Leafs in anticipation of this upcoming season featuring Auston, John, Mitchel, William, Nazem, Morgan, Frederick, Zachary and gang.

Reactions: Walshy7

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
why is this such a big deal? who cares, he followed a team lol. It literally doesn't mean anything. The NHL is such an old age thinking league and so are a lot of the fans.​

How is that agist remark justifiable?

We’re in the Leafs section of HFboards, using Brendan Shanahan as your example, please expand upon your remark.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
No way they tell him he's been traded, then sit on it for days or weeks. I expect an announcement today or tomorrow if true. If we don't get it, I'll assume nothing is happening.

Reactions: Kelly

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Ducks only have 14 Dmen signed to pro contracts. Leafs have 17 not including Durzi and Holloway. IMO there probably isn't room on the Marlies for the regressing Neilsen. For his sake, a trade and better chance to play might be best for all parties.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
you are right it didn't create 4 pages of discussion on a message board.

Why is looking into something on social media old age thinking? wouldn't it be new age thinking?

I really don't care either way what happened (trade, mistake etc) it was just an interesting thing to talk about on the 15th of August on the NHL calendar. If that bothers you then you might be in the wrong place

It should be commonly accepted that hockey players have friends around the league and a lot are hockey fans

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It should be commonly accepted that hockey players have friends around the league and a lot are hockey fans

Ok Andrew Nielsen follows a pal who plays for the Dallas stars why isn’t he following the nhl team?. Why doesn’t marner follow Arizona or Calgary?

It’s obviously nothing, but why can’t leafs fans talk amongst themselves about the possibilities and take interest in this. Instead of you policing peoples activities online just not click on the thread

Reactions: Garthinater

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
College Free Agency opens today. Maybe they have their eye on someone and want to clear a contract slot

They have three spots open right now. It's not really a huge issue. If it was, they probably would not have signed so many AHL veterans to SPC's (Jooris, Cracknell, Subban, etc.).

Besides, out of the guys out there right now, none of them jump off of a page. Kelly Summers who could challenge for an ELC. Had 30 points in 47 games as a 21 year old in the NCAA and is a RD. However, he'd be stuck on a deep depth chart here and would likely end up on the Growlers t0 start. He's going to get better offers elsewhere (even if it's just an AHL deal; he'd at least be able to make an AHL roster most other places), and we do not exactly need him either, which questions whether or not he's worth the risk of a contract.

The others would likely have to settle for an AHL or ECHL deal and hope they can impress enough in a camp to even earn an AHL job somewhere. Maybe some of them could get an AHL deal from the Marlies and end up on the Growlers (they still need a few more defensemen and goalies) but that has nothing to do with Nielsen.

The main thing with everything is the Marlies have 8 defensemen right now (all on ELC's/SPC's), plus a handful of good depth guys on the Growlers for insurance. It's going to be tough for all 8 of those defensemen to get ice time, especially Nielsen and Subban. If they can recoup something of value for Nielsen, they'd probably end up doing it just to clear the log jam and to give him a chance elsewhere. Really it's the same issue they could have with Carrick on the Leafs if they end up getting someone else for their top 4 (and nobody goes the other way).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
To ANA:
Andrew Nielsen
Mason Marchment

To TOR:
Andy Welinski

That trade does nothing for us and I'd rather keep our guys. Nielsen only gets moved if it's for a pick or a player the Leafs/Marlies need more. Welinski is neither. The Marlies have Holl, LoVerde, Liljegren, Subban and possibly Lindgren, Hollowell and Durzi (assuming they do not go to other leagues) at RD. Not that they really need LD either, but they have less options there than RD right now.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Neilson's a poor skater and regressed this year , he's worth nothing more than another teams busting prospect . Don't understand why anyone would believe a team would give up anything of value for him .

Reactions: Walshy7

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Maybe he was just having some fun lol.

There's 1000 trade proposals out there sending him to Anaheim for Manson.

Thought he'd troll everyone and follow them for a day.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I had pretty high hopes for the guy, I'd give him another chance before giving up...He coulda had a off year being too high on himself after a good rookie season for the Marlies. I mean Bob Mackenzie ranked him above Dermott as a Top 4 d-man.

I know you can't teach speed, but still...

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->