Injury Report: Andrew MacDonald out for 6 weeks (lower body injury)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The series doesnt matter we werent Beating that team.

The problem lies with the surge the flyers had to make the playoffs. how they played to get there and who played well to get there. then deciding to break up the top line and the first and second pairings. in hopes that this would some how help.

you are seriesly missing half your brain if you think Hagg out played sanhiem. but before that Manning Mac, and gudas were terrible.

I am not exaggerating his play or potential. Infact I think he was out match in the series. but I also think the experience is what he needs. He needs to play to improve. Like every other level he has played in he improves through the years. This is a sign of a smart player who learns from mistakes.

I'm not sure who you are arguing with, but I have a good idea, and I can tell you for sure that you are wasting 100% of your time. Your sidewalk has a better chance of reasoning with you.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I don't think there's actually a reasonable argument to make that Hagg for Sanheim was a correct move. If you want to say that Sanheim should have been benched because he wasn't playing well, I mean you could say Voracek or Ghost or Gudas should have been benched as well. Series was lost in Game 6 in large part because of the Flyers' inability to do what Sanheim does very well -- calmly skate the puck out of the D zone (as opposed to passing it to Jake Guentzel).

Reactions: Adtar02

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hard to imagine being so determined to defend the coach that you’re willing to say something as obviously incorrect as MacDonald and Manning we’re better than Sanheim in the playoffs. :laugh:

Talk about a lack of objectivity.

Sanheim actually played surprisingly well in the playoffs, but hey, we can just ignore that I guess. It’s strange how much some posters hate the guy.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I'm sure what point you're trying to convey. I guess you're trying to refute my point. I don't care. I'm not getting worked up over things at this point in the season. I have others things to worry about. If you want to be upset then go for it.

6joltin.gif

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Frolin is a lock. He was brought in for this very reason. Myers isnt going to make the team unless another injury occurs.

What people need to prepare themselves for is when Amac comes back, he will be replacing Sanheim.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hard to imagine being so determined to defend the coach that you’re willing to say something as obviously incorrect as MacDonald and Manning we’re better than Sanheim in the playoffs. :laugh:

Talk about a lack of objectivity.

Sanheim actually played surprisingly well in the playoffs, but hey, we can just ignore that I guess. It’s strange how much some posters hate the guy.
The lack of objectivity is with you regarding Sanheim & MacDonald. You can’t give MacDonald even an ounce of credit, similar to the way you view Hakstol.
MacDonald was the 2nd best defenseman on the Flyers in the playoffs. He led the defense in +/- at even despite having a 33.96% off. zone face off % (Sanheim had 53.13%). AMac had two goals & had to log tough minutes against a great offensive team.
Manning was no great shakes, but he played way harder minutes than Sanheim (29.17% off zone starts for Manning) plus did a decent job killing penalties.

Face it. Sanheim was overmatched, & he sure wasn’t ready to kill penalties in the playoffs against Pittsburgh. So when he was largely ineffective in the first 4 games when he got his chance in sheltered minutes, of course he’s the defenseman who is coming out. Gudas, AMac, & Manning kill penalties & we’re doing a decent job of it against a killer PP. Provorov & Ghost sure aren’t coming out. Sanheim got his chance & wasn’t good.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
The lack of objectivity is with you regarding Sanheim & MacDonald. You can’t give MacDonald even an ounce of credit, similar to the way you view Hakstol.
MacDonald was the 2nd best defenseman on the Flyers in the playoffs. He led the defense in +/- at even despite having a 33.96% off. zone face off % (Sanheim had 53.13%). AMac had two goals & had to log tough minutes against a great offensive team.
Manning was no great shakes, but he played way harder minutes than Sanheim (29.17% off zone starts for Manning) plus did a decent job killing penalties.

Face it. Sanheim was overmatched, & he sure wasn’t ready to kill penalties in the playoffs against Pittsburgh. So when he was largely ineffective in the first 4 games when he got his chance in sheltered minutes, of course he’s the defenseman who is coming out. Gudas, AMac, & Manning kill penalties & we’re doing a decent job of it against a killer PP. Provorov & Ghost sure aren’t coming out. Sanheim got his chance & wasn’t good.
Mac didn’t lead the team. He was even. Plus minus. Ironically hagg was plus one. Sanhiem minus one. But Mac was minus 2 in on ice goals against. Hang and sandier even. MAC was on ice for 7 goals against.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right

Again this is the concern. Pk is something we need to improve and ghost and sanhiem never get that chance with our coaches. Also Morin probably could have help more than hagg in that department by sheer size alone.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Mac didn’t lead the team. He was even. Plus minus. Ironically hagg was plus one. Sanhiem minus one. But Mac was minus 2 in on ice goals against. Hang and sandier even. MAC was on ice for 7 goals against.
I’m not counting Hagg considering he played less than 24 minutes in the entire series.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Than yes if exclude the player with a better plus minus he win at even. Not the best stat. Which sanhiem was second at minus 1.
Did you even bother reading the parts about zone starts?
Do you think Sanheim played anywhere near as difficult minutes 5 on 5 as the other defensemen on the team?
You say AMac was on the ice for 7 GA 5 on 5. That’s disingenuous to present the stat by itself without context.
AMac was on for 5 GF & 7 GA despite playing a lot of difficult minutes against an offensive powerhouse.
To compare:
Giroux was on for 3 GF & 13 GA
Ghost was on for 2 GF & 10 GA
Provorov was on for 6 GF & 11 GA
Manning was only on for 5 GA at ES despite the 2nd most minutes & most disadvantageous zone starts on the team. Problem was he was on for 0 GF.
Gudas: 3 GF 6 GA

Ignoring the impact Sanheim’s over 50% offensive zone starts & sheltered usage had on his GA is illogical. Despite that usage, he still looked overmatched to me.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'm sure what point you're trying to convey. I guess you're trying to refute my point. I don't care. I'm not getting worked up over things at this point in the season. I have others things to worry about. If you want to be upset then go for it.

Just really being annoying for my own amusement, magnum. Sorry. That's my schtick on here.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

200w.gif

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I just saw this so i feel bad for amac and wish him a full recovery.

But for the team? Woooooo
I think myers can convince hextall to put him on the team if he can convince hak to play him

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Frolin is a lock. He was brought in for this very reason. Myers isnt going to make the team unless another injury occurs.

What people need to prepare themselves for is when Amac comes back, he will be replacing Sanheim.

I...doubt that. At least, let me doubt that.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Did you even bother reading the parts about zone starts?
Do you think Sanheim played anywhere near as difficult minutes 5 on 5 as the other defensemen on the team?
You say AMac was on the ice for 7 GA 5 on 5. That’s disingenuous to present the stat by itself without context.
AMac was on for 5 GF & 7 GA despite playing a lot of difficult minutes against an offensive powerhouse.
To compare:
Giroux was on for 3 GF & 13 GA
Ghost was on for 2 GF & 10 GA
Provorov was on for 6 GF & 11 GA
Manning was only on for 5 GA at ES despite the 2nd most minutes & most disadvantageous zone starts on the team. Problem was he was on for 0 GF.
Gudas: 3 GF 6 GA

Ignoring the impact Sanheim’s over 50% offensive zone starts & sheltered usage had on his GA is illogical. Despite that usage, he still looked overmatched to me.
Out of curiosity, what was Sanheims GF and GA 5vs5? Or did you post it and I missed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad