Confirmed with Link: Andrew MacDonald on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Awesome! It's a great sport. I've actually never visited Parx. I'll have to sometime. Good luck tomorrow. What's your horse's name? I'll put $2 on him on TwinSpires.

Iiidentical. He’s named after a scene from the movie my cousin Vinny. Always name them with a little underlying theme. Personal or what we perceive as comical. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
If one were to go back and watch the 1st couple of minutes of each game last season - I guarantee there were at least - at least 10 occasions where on the very first shift MacDonald either hesitated, fell, flubbed or panicked, and cost the Flyers a goal or forced a completely unnecessary and difficult save. Right off the start, so many times that guy would just completely soil himself. Over and over again. You'd get comfortable for the game with a drink and maybe something to snack on, and right away be like "WHAT THE f***????" My 11 year old daughter would be in the other room and say "MacDonald again dad?"

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Dear ****ing lord. AMac is ****ing awful. I legit feel that we're going to hear his name for the next few years by the beat writers just because they are just that ****ing blind and out of the times.
Watch as he signs with a contender and wins a cup next season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dear god... why can't we have decent writers....

And Meltzer RTs it.

hqdefault.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Iiidentical. He’s named after a scene from the movie my cousin Vinny. Always name them with a little underlying theme. Personal or what we perceive as comical. Lol.
Nice! Can't go wrong with a My Cousin Vinny reference.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A season isn’t going to be won or lost on a 7th defensemen anyway.

According to Striiker it will, he's claiming that getting rid of Hagg will make a huge difference.

The silliness some people post around here.
If your season depends on your #6/#7 D-man, you're already screwed.

What will make a huge difference is Morin and Myers stepping up, not which scrub they can't beat out.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
According to Striiker it will, he's claiming that getting rid of Hagg will make a huge difference.

The silliness some people post around here.
If your season depends on your #6/#7 D-man, you're already screwed.

What will make a huge difference is Morin and Myers stepping up, not which scrub they can't beat out.

So it doesnt matter if the #6 is a scrub but it does matter if it is Morin or Myers?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It matters whether they can beat out a scrub, that is, become players who are more than replacement level.

People whine about scrubs, then whine about the scrubs that replace the scrubs, then want to trade the prospects that can finally give us the depth where we don't have to play scrubs.

:huh:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
This means Hagg is the full time whipping boy on defense.
I hope he can handle the heat by himself.

at least its not gudas AND hagg or amac. We never should've had two of them on the ice and we sometimes had all 3. We should be fine with just hagg or morin on in a limited/pk role.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ran third. Lost by about 4. A tad disappointed.
I put $3 on him across the board. Meant to watch the stream on TwinSpires, but got distracted by something & when I put it on the race had just ended. He looked like he had a good shot on paper; I figured you’d probably be a little disappointed even though he hit the board. I was impressed you had Servis as a trainer. Let me know if you have any other good ones running soon.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jay says that, but if we go down to like 10 or 11 deep on or defense because of injuries or something, of course it'll be worse than having MacDonald here. Not worse than MacDonald on a $5M AAV though

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I put $3 on him across the board. Meant to watch the stream on TwinSpires, but got distracted by something & when I put it on the race had just ended. He looked like he had a good shot on paper; I figured you’d probably be a little disappointed even though he hit the board. I was impressed you had Servis as a trainer. Let me know if you have any other good ones running soon.
I will pal. Been at this for about 25 years. Had 4 stakes winning horses. 1 was a grade 2 and grade 3 winner. Lucy n Ethel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad