Confirmed with Link: Andrew MacDonald on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
Since Fletcher has taken over he has done the following......

-Fired Hakstol
-Called up Carter Hart
-Traded Dale Weise
-Traded Stolarz for Talbot
-Traded Wayne Simmonds
-Hired AV
-Traded a 5th round for negotiating rights to Kevin Hayes
-Traded Radko Gudas for Matt Niskanen
-Bought out Andrew MacDonald

......and yet so many people still doubt him.
By the end we'll have a Twelve Days of Christmas type song to sing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I can't remember when I've seen people get so excited over a "nothing burger."
I mean this has zero impact on the coming season, he was already scratched by the end of last year.

It's not who you get rid of, it's who you replace them with, or were you really excited to replace Lethera and Weise with Varone and Knight?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This was nice news to come back to after a day at track. I know some people preferred to just bury AMac in the minors again for his last season, but I was pretty sure Fletcher was going to buy him out and was hoping he would. On a personal level, you don't want to bury a high paid vet in the minors unless you really have to, and you also don't want an unwanted, lame duck like that hanging around the organization. That's not good for anyone involved. Best to completely sever ties. And it also has the benefit of giving them a little more room under the cap this season, with the carryover in 20/21 being negligible.

Doesn't it just feel psychologically better to have these burdens completely free from the organization?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
In sum, they actually save $1.9M in cap room. They save $3.8M in cap space this season, at the cost of $1.9M next season.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The MacDonald situation was as much a Hextall failure as it was Holmgren's.

Hextall recognized early on that MacDonald needed to be off the NHL roster. For a player to go from being relegated to the AHL at age 29 and then go on to play 186 more games with that team is just an utter failure of management.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Dear f***ing lord. AMac is f***ing awful. I legit feel that we're going to hear his name for the next few years by the beat writers just because they are just that f***ing blind and out of the times.

Reactions: Rebels57

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Who ****ing cares? Itll be ok. He gone. All that matters.
Watch it comes back at the 20-21 deadline that fletch can’t bring in a player to help a run at the cup because they can’t fit under the cap. All because AMAC is still on the books. Imagine that conversation on this board. Lol.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Watch it comes back at the 20-21 deadline that fletch can’t bring in a player to help a run at the cup because they can’t fit under the cap. All because AMAC is still on the books. Imagine that conversation on this board. Lol.

Lol I sincerely doubt it comes to that

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
This was nice news to come back to after a day at track. I know some people preferred to just bury AMac in the minors again for his last season, but I was pretty sure Fletcher was going to buy him out and was hoping he would. On a personal level, you don't want to bury a high paid vet in the minors unless you really have to, and you also don't want an unwanted, lame duck like that hanging around the organization. That's not good for anyone involved. Best to completely sever ties. And it also has the benefit of giving them a little more room under the cap this season, with the carryover in 20/21 being negligible.

Doesn't it just feel psychologically better to have these burdens completely free from the organization?
Day at the track?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Beautiful paddock. One of the nicest in the country. I actually own horses and have one running in the 1st at parx tomorrow.
Awesome! It's a great sport. I've actually never visited Parx. I'll have to sometime. Good luck tomorrow. What's your horse's name? I'll put $2 on him on TwinSpires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad