Confirmed with Link: Andrew MacDonald on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
During the Town Hall:

"“Hak got all red in the face, and went on several minutes defending A-Mac. Flat out said A-Mac is a top 3 or 4 defensemen in the NHL,” Broadstreethockey.com wrote. “Specifically said ‘you can throw Corsi out the window.’ Hak seemed to legitimately believe A-Mac is a top defensemen, deserves top minutes.”

Can we just cite this when arguments from authority come up?

Almost as bad as Andy Reid passing the ball all night against the Raiders all those years ago.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
During the Town Hall:

"“Hak got all red in the face, and went on several minutes defending A-Mac. Flat out said A-Mac is a top 3 or 4 defensemen in the NHL,” Broadstreethockey.com wrote. “Specifically said ‘you can throw Corsi out the window.’ Hak seemed to legitimately believe A-Mac is a top defensemen, deserves top minutes.”

Can we just cite this when arguments from authority come up?

Almost as bad as Andy Reid passing the ball all night against the Raiders all those years ago.

"I don't care what social media and Swiss GMs say"

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wonder what his reliability meter is at now that the all 3 zones are bigger.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why do people take HCs seriously when they defend their players?
If you're stuck with a player, slamming them will only create bad feeling in the clubhouse and reduce their potential trade value.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Why do people take HCs seriously when they defend their players?
If you're stuck with a player, slamming them will only create bad feeling in the clubhouse and reduce their potential trade value.

He was never stuck with him. Better options existed for quite a while. He never HAD to use him as a top 4 or even top pairing dman. He chose to.

Nobody forced him to chase a matchup with Crosby, for instance. Hakstol clearly and truly believed MacD was good.

Reactions: Tripod

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Who was the guy who was so happy about Couturier saying Hagg, while overlooked by the fans, is a hard worker a few weeks ago?

I mean. Why would anyone take him seriously. Saying anything else would only create bad atmosphere..

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And Gudas can't beat out Jensen and Siegenthaler (who?) in Washington.
Maybe the options really were that bad!

Jensen is the kind of player had Fletcher signed him, we'd have two 50 page threads complaining about what a journeyman he is and what was Fletcher thinking!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
And Gudas can't beat out Jensen and Siegenthaler (who?) in Washington.
Maybe the options really were that bad!

Jensen is the kind of player had Fletcher signed him, we'd have two 50 page threads complaining about what a journeyman he is and what was Fletcher thinking!

I mean, Jensen is not very good, probably the ~7th-8th best D in the organisation, and Capitals fans are massively complaining about him being overused... because he is being overused.

Siegenthaler is a pretty good young player (22) who is a 2nd round pick.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I mean, Jensen is not very good, probably the ~7th-8th best D in the organisation, and Capitals fans are massively complaining about him being overused... because he is being overused.

You think they wish they still had Niskanen? I mean, Carlson seems to be playing the best hockey of his life, but after him their D looks terrible.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Well, he's better than Hagg (a 2nd rd) pick, and probably Morin (#12).
But right now I don't think he's top 4 material. Maybe in a year or two.
He is better than Jensen.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, he's better than Hagg (a 2nd rd) pick, and probably Morin (#12).
But right now I don't think he's top 4 material. Maybe in a year or two.
He is better than Jensen.

I mean, I think he is a #5 right now... but they are giving him a chance. And yeh, he is better than Jensen. (as is Gudas, as is Kempny, as is Djoos!)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
You think they wish they still had Niskanen? I mean, Carlson seems to be playing the best hockey of his life, but after him their D looks terrible.

Orlov is being tanked by Jensen. He is a good D and it will come around.

With Kempny+Gudas they arguably have the best 3rd pairing in the NHL.

If they had Djoos up and were not overplaying Jensen then I dont think they would be too worried about Niskanen... as it is yeh, right now he would be helping their D.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Gudas is averaging 17:11.

Niskanen last year was 21:56, which was his *lowest* TOI as a Cap.

Astounds me that some people thought the Flyers were downgrading & Caps upgrading. Ah, the danger of blind Corsi worship.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gudas is averaging 17:11.

Niskanen last year was 21:56, which was his *lowest* TOI as a Cap.

Astounds me that some people thought the Flyers were downgrading & Caps upgrading. Ah, the danger of blind Corsi worship.

:facepalm:

A whole lot of stats that weren't Corsi showed that Gudas was the more effective dman last year, but also that Niskanen had practically an anomalous downturn. He looks to have bounced back. But considering his age, I don't think it was very absurd to hold that opinion. I didn't agree and thought it likely that Niskanen would at least bounce back to being equal with Gudas, but that concern wasn't remotely outlandish or unjustified.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
:facepalm:

A whole lot of stats that weren't Corsi showed that Gudas was the more effective dman last year, but also that Niskanen had practically an anomalous downturn. He looks to have bounced back. But considering his age, I don't think it was very absurd to hold that opinion. I didn't agree and thought it likely that Niskanen would at least bounce back to being equal with Gudas, but that concern wasn't remotely outlandish or unjustified.
Their usage wasn’t comparable. Niskanen was logging 4 more minutes a game & playing a much bigger role. Swap their usage last season & those stats would be different.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He was never stuck with him. Better options existed for quite a while. He never HAD to use him as a top 4 or even top pairing dman. He chose to.

Nobody forced him to chase a matchup with Crosby, for instance. Hakstol clearly and truly believed MacD was good.
Yup, the fact that his usage of Mac backed up his rabid verbal defending makes it pretty indisputable that he was being honest.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Their usage wasn’t comparable. Niskanen was logging 4 more minutes a game & playing a much bigger role. Swap their usage last season & those stats would be different.

Niskanen was in the same role he'd been in and had deteriorated sharply. That can be a sign of decline. So like I said, not unreasonable at all.

So far concern that Braun was declining while not having much skill to make up for it is justified, for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->