Injury Report: Andrew MacDonald activated from IR (Nov. 27) after missing 15 games with a leg injury

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost had a CF% of 57.9% without MacDonald that year, 49.1% with MacDonald.

Some of that is situational, this year Ghost has a lousy CF with Hagg and Manning (and a few minutes with Gudas) but a good CF with Provorov, but he's usually paired with Provorov when Hakstol wants to push offensive play.
Mannings CF is much higher when he's NOT paired with Ghost.
So some of this may be chemistry as well.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Corsi is like every other statistic in the world. It needs to be used as a backup to the eye test. Not instead of it.

You could have a player allowing 30 shots a game as a defenseman. But if they are all from behind the red line they are worthless.

Reactions: Rebels57

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Where did that even come from? Outside of one year with SJ Carle was pretty much a break even Corsi guy.
Corsi is like every other statistic in the world. It needs to be used as a backup to the eye test. Not instead of it.

You could have a player allowing 30 shots a game as a defenseman. But if they are all from behind the red line they are worthless.
Not really. There are other stats to determine shot quality.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's only been 3 weeks, but I'm sure he's been around the clock shoveling beets into his mouth to heal quicker.

All that time gone and we have learned.....absolutely nothing. Morin never got his chance. The tantalizingly awesome Provorov-Ghost pair was ruined by Komarov and never reunited. Sanheim really didn't get many more minutes; neither did Gudas. If anything it furthered cemented the Manning/Sanheim timeshare (Charlie O'Connor mentioned today that Hakstol has unprompted been praising Manning all week) and Hagg's top 4 role.

Given Hakstol is a creature of habit and will want to try to go back to what he thought worked, I fully expect the identical pairs from game 1/2 of the season. Hopefully it's Sanheim in and that he didn't get hurt too bad late in the 3rd against the Wild.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Oughta be Morin, since the “logic” keeping him out was he and Sanheim ( and Ghost and Prov) need to play on the left. Get him up and sit Manning the **** down. On a rocket. Bound for the sun.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Odd thing to reply to someone who has repeatedly said that they don't look at advanced stats and only judge by watching guys play.

Odd thing for someone to say whose posts are 90% sarcasm/condescension and 10 % substance.

Yes, I judge players by how they play. How do you judge players?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Odd thing for someone to say whose posts are 90% sarcasm/condescension and 10 % substance.

Yes, I judge players by how they play. How do you judge players?
Yet again, you didn't read my post. :laugh:

I said that I don't used advanced statistics to judge players. Which is why what you replied, that implies that I only use advanced stats to make judgements, makes no sense...

How many times are you planning on doing this? Quoting a post I made, without reading it, and responding with ridiculous nonsense? Like you did halfway down this page here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/137746079/

And then, when I point out that what you accused me of clearly didn't happen, you mysteriously forgot to respond. I assume that'll happen again here. :laugh: Just stop embarrassing yourself... or, at the very least, read the posts you quote.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Oughta be Morin, since the “logic” keeping him out was he and Sanheim ( and Ghost and Prov) need to play on the left. Get him up and sit Manning the **** down. On a rocket. Bound for the sun.

Agree, but Sam is still out due to injury.

Yesterday, Bill Meltzer reported that he is a week away from playing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Provorov - MacDonald
Ghost - Gudas
Sanheim - Hagg/Manning

Morin had bad timing getting injured when he did, but going back to the AHL and playing with Myers isn't the end of the world for him.
Right now it makes more sense to play Sanheim on the left side and get him comfortable at the NHL level than force feeding Morin.
The best move would be to stabilize the pairings, then revisit them in a couple months.
Meanwhile, Hextall will be listening to offers, odds are a couple defensemen will go down with major injuries between now and February.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
MacDonald has been boning up on stats during his time off.

Flyers’ Sean Couturier growing his game off the ice as well as on

Couturier has coupled the on-ice and off-ice parts of being an NHLer to being someone the Flyers would have a very hard time replacing.

“I wouldn’t say he’s the most vocal guy,” alternate captain Andrew MacDonald said, “but in his work ethic and demeanor and how he goes out there and shows by example means a lot to this team and it will for many years. I read a stat the other day that he has the most even-strength points since March of last season. I didn’t realize that, but it puts things in perspective of how valuable he is to our team right now and what he’s able to do for us.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad