NFL: Andrew Luck retiring

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
While Luck is standing on the field? Best hope he ever finds out

Yeah the timing and the fact Luck got booed out of the building because of it makes me think it got leaked by Irsay or someone in management out of spite. Outside chance it was one of his teammates who thinks he abandoned them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And of course now the conspiracy theories have started in earnest with the XFL and Andrew’s dad as their commissioner.

I doubt there’s anything to them. The timing really doesn’t make sense.

I mean the guy's really gonna take $25 million less to play the sport that put him on the IR constantly just for daddy dearest? That's some serious psycho-stretch.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Luck says he's been in pain for the last 4 years, his love for the game has soured since he's been injured too much. I really don't blame him for leaving, why be in constant pain everyday this season (..and I'm sure he's gonna be in pain for the long term)

Reactions: robertmac43

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Luck says he's been in pain for the last 4 years, his love for the game has soured since he's been injured too much. I really don't blame him for leaving, why be in constant pain everyday this season (..and I'm sure he's gonna be in pain for the long term)

It's a little Sandy Koufax-ish only Koufax didn't retire in Spring Training. Still it's kind of like that, elite athlete at the top of his game retiring cause he just couldn't deal with powering through injuries anymore at the risk of permanent damage.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I mean the guy's really gonna take $25 million less to play the sport that put him on the IR constantly just for daddy dearest? That's some serious psycho-stretch.

Seriously. If Luck isn't willing to play through the pain for the premier Football league on Earth, there is not a chance in hell he does it for the crummy XFL lmao.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Wish the best for Luck.

But...this outrage about people booing him today is complete BS. Listen, if I was a season ticket holder who spent a lot of $ for this season only to find out they are gonna suck, I'd be pretty pissed too. Nevermind the fact these guys already got f'd once when Irsay slow rolled them about Luck being out for an entire season.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Wish the best for Luck.

But...this outrage about people booing him today is complete BS. Listen, if I was a season ticket holder who spent a lot of $ for this season only to find out they are gonna suck, I'd be pretty pissed too. Nevermind the fact these guys already got f'd once when Irsay slow rolled them about Luck being out for an entire season.

No, the outrage is completely justified. People booing him need better perspective on life. It’s a game played by humans who get hurt.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
No, the outrage is completely justified. People booing him need better perspective on life. It’s a game played by humans who get hurt.
No, you're wrong. :popcorn:

You do understand it's a TIMING thing, right? 2 weeks before the start of the season. 2nd time Colt fans have been blindsided right before week 1 by Luck being out an entire year (+).

Everyone always gets on their high horses about this stuff when the reality is the majority would be pretty pissed if they were in the same situation (STHs that had their tickets made pretty worthless right before season start out of nowhere. Nevermind all the other $ they spend).

Last edited:
Reactions: max21

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Wish the best for Luck.

The team still could've sucked anyway if he played. Most level headed STHs understand there's no guarantee of a winning team.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Times sacked
Luck-174 Wilson-299
Rush attempts
Luck-332 Wilson 645

Wilson has been hit WAY more often.
I'm 100% comfortable just giving you the point that Wilson gets hit more just because it's such a tangial argument. Wilson being hit more does not mean the colts were not complicit in today's result, because they absolutely are.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

You do understand it's a TIMING thing, right? 2 weeks before the start of the season. 2nd time Colt fans have been blindsided right before week 1 by Luck being out an entire year (+).

Everyone always gets on their high horses about this stuff when the reality is the majority would be pretty pissed if they were in the same situation (STHs that had their tickets made pretty worthless right before season start out of nowhere. Nevermind all the other $ they spend).

How’s that any different than if Luck blew out his knee? Or if the team stunk with Luck playing at full health?

Fans booing have no clue what Luck is dealing with. Not on any high horse, but seems like a pretty trashy thing to do to one of the best players to have ever donned a Colts uniform.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
How’s that any different than if Luck blew out his knee?

Fans booing have no clue what Luck is dealing with. Not on any high horse, but seems like a pretty trashy thing to do to one of the best players to have ever donned a Colts uniform.
Look, this clearly ins't gonna go anywhere. We disagree; is what it is. I wouldn't boo, but I'm not gonna fault fans for doing it in the heat of the moment. Especially when they got slow rolled on a Luck injury before.

And comparing a sudden in game knee injury to his retirement that came straight out of left field 2 weeks before season start, is laughable.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Nah, I'd realize my money and fandom are secondary to a dude's decisions about his own health and quality of life. Booing a guy for stepping away from the game he loves due to health is low.

Hope Luck is happy with his decision and has a healthy life outside the game- dude's whicked smaht, if he wants he can return in a position that won't cripple him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad