Confirmed with Link: Andrew Ladd UFA- 7yrs/ 5.5 AAV

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Before Lou talks about his deadline acquisition, why don't you talk about the recent wins this team has had? Oh right, it doesn't fit your "sky is falling mantra".

*Team is one point out of first

*Andrew Ladd out for season

You: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! THE SKY IS FALLING. ANDREW LADD IS HURT AND THE TEAM WON'T BE IN FIRST OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!"

Also, Fritz played better last game than Filppula has been playing as of late so they'll get past it.
Some people can’t help but be miserable.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Before Lou talks about his deadline acquisition, why don't you talk about the recent wins this team has had? Oh right, it doesn't fit your "sky is falling mantra".

You: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! THE SKY IS FALLING. ANDREW LADD IS HURT AND THE TEAM WON'T BE IN FIRST OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!"

Also, Fritz played better last game than Filppula has been playing as of late so they'll get past it.
If Lou wasn’t so bad at his job the Islanders could have been ahead of the Lightning by now.

I guess that’s my loser mentality that has me happy the Isles are 1 point behind the Capitals after 76 games.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL

Who has been acting in this manner? If I had to read between the lines of most posts it would be not to well concealed glee (not that he's hurt, people are sincerely not glad of that, but that he won't be in the lineup).

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007

You clearly don't get the point of my post. It's not to say Ladd is a big loss, its criticizing our asleep gm who tried to claim that Andrew Ladd was better than any possible deadline acquisition. I guess you ageee with him. You would both be wrong

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

Nobody:

Satan’sIsland: LOU DID NOTHING AT THE TRADE DEADLINE

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Did you see the Lightning last night? 0-6 on the PP. Can you imagine?! Total losers.
It happens to every team for a game or two or three.

But to be at 1-37 over a 19 game span (19 games is just under 20% of the season) is beyond bad. Not even sure there’s a word for it. One PP goal in almost 20% of the season. And that doesn’t even count the terrible like 1 PP goal in 10 games stretch they had earlier in the season. Poop.

Reactions: periferal

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It happens to every team for a game or two or three.

But to be at 1-37 over a 19 game span (19 games is just under 20% of the season) is beyond bad. Not even sure there’s a word for it. One PP goal in almost 20% of the season. And that doesn’t even count the terrible like 1 PP goal in 10 games stretch they had earlier in the season. Poop.
Pretty sure the Lightning will get over it. They went 4 for 5 the game before.

Reactions: Big L

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
If Lou wasn’t so bad at his job the Islanders could have been ahead of the Lightning by now.

I guess that’s my loser mentality that has me happy the Isles are 1 point behind the Capitals after 76 games.

Isles are 1 point behind the Capitals after 76 games because of Trotz not senile Lou

crasherino

May 9, 2013

can you imagine if we traded for Zucc and he got hurt on day 1?

Reactions: YearlyLottery

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
You clearly don't get the point of my post. It's not to say Ladd is a big loss, its criticizing our asleep gm who tried to claim that Andrew Ladd was better than any possible deadline acquisition. I guess you ageee with him. You would both be wrong

Yea!! Double down! We're all wrong but you!

The funniest part of this, is you can't even grasp the point that people are making about the trade deadline, so it's probably why you think you are right.

Reactions: MattMartin

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
can you imagine if we traded for Zucc and he got hurt on day 1?

That’s been happening a ton lately it seems in baseball and hockey. I know someone traded for a big piece last July and he got hit by a pitch and was out for two months in his first at bat

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If Ladd winds up on LTIR next season and the Isles essentially get his contract off the books I want someone to PROVE to me that Lou didn't have a hand in Ladd "tearing his ACL."

You are clearly not sure what's going on here. I was totally joking. You think I was really suggesting that Lou "Tanya Harding'ed" Ladd's knee...?

giphy.gif

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Did you see the Lightning last night? 0-6 on the PP. Can you imagine?! Total losers.
They should have beat the Bruins 11-2 instead of having to come back on them. And then those losers give Jon Cooper an extension???

Reactions: Big L

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad