Confirmed with Link: Andrew Ladd UFA- 7yrs/ 5.5 AAV

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Amen. This signing obviously hasn't worked out which sucks for us. But it sucks for him too. He was a top notch NHL'er who signed a big deal, moves to a new city and it just hasn't panned out - even when he was healthy. That has to be really frustrating. Now, he's got a lot of money to pay for therapy so I'm not losing any sleep over the plight of Andrew Ladd. But its too bad it hasn't worked out for everyone. We certainly could have used the Andrew Ladd we thought we were getting.
Oh I agree with this one hundred percent. I'm not losing sleep over him at all because of the money he's earned but it blows for him he was definitely a top 6 forward for how long until he got here and hasn't ever gelled.

Reactions: crasherino

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If Ladd winds up on LTIR next season and the Isles essentially get his contract off the books I want someone to PROVE to me that Lou didn't have a hand in Ladd "tearing his ACL."
I can just see Lou leaning over the team doctor examining Ladd's knee after taking that knee on knee hit....."Can he twist it this way? He can, huh....how about this way? Can he twist it this way?.....Uh Mr. Lamoriello, knees aren't supposed to twist around that far. In fact, I've never seen a knee go that far around......Kid, quiet down...."

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
So with this interview, he pretty much marks the end of the season (if not the career with the Islanders) of both Ladd AND JHS.

I'm not in the business of second guessing Lou and Barry - they've forgotten more about hockey than I'll ever know. I still wish there was a way that JHS could have been brought along and put in a position to succeed more than he had been. But I guess that's ultimately on him.

JHS is sick, so that might be the reason they wouldn’t call him up

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If Ladd winds up on LTIR next season and the Isles essentially get his contract off the books I want someone to PROVE to me that Lou didn't have a hand in Ladd "tearing his ACL."
There is no mystery about an ACL tear on an MRI so I'm not sure where you're going here. The LTIR option demands a neutral physician exam if the league is suspicious of intent.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Really unfortunate for Ladd and wishing him a speedy recovery. Never good thing when something like this occurs, but it does benefit the Islanders in the short term and potentially the long-term of LTIR or retirement becomes factors. I think and he will and should fight to make a full recovery and come back from this, but in his mid 30's and a lot of nagging injures and now 2 major lower body injuries, I am sure his mind has to be in many places.

In the short term, hopefully Trotz goes back to MDC who I thought was playign great before eventually getting benched.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Lamoriello already said nobody else is being called up. I would assume MDC is in. So assuming Hickey isn’t inserted back in this is the lineup they had now during the best stretch of the season minus Fillpulla who will be back for round 1 almost for sure.

Filppula was injured 3/19 and was given a timetable of 4 weeks. This time of year and at his age, I think it is more likely he is back in more thna 4 weeks than fewer than 4 weeks. 4 weeks puts him at missing the first 2/3 games of the first round. Longer than 4 weeks and you're probably looking for Round 2 as a possible return. Not to mention, if Fritz plays like he did Sunday the rest of the season and we win in round 1, not sure Filppula should come back at all. Really has been a mostly ineffective player for vast stretches of time this season. He has had his moments but I am not holding my breath for him to come back.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Filppula was injured 3/19 and was given a timetable of 4 weeks. This time of year and at his age, I think it is more likely he is back in more thna 4 weeks than fewer than 4 weeks. 4 weeks puts him at missing the first 2/3 games of the first round. Longer than 4 weeks and you're probably looking for Round 2 as a possible return. Not to mention, if Fritz plays like he did Sunday the rest of the season and we win in round 1, not sure Filppula should come back at all. Really has been a mostly ineffective player for vast stretches of time this season. He has had his moments but I am not holding my breath for him to come back.

I just expect that he’s going to come back at less than 100%. It’s just what NHLer do in the postseason. If he doesn’t have some sort of injury that can’t be taped up or injected with something then he won’t be back but if it can be in some way he’s playing come game 1

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
There is no mystery about an ACL tear on an MRI so I'm not sure where you're going here. The LTIR option demands a neutral physician exam if the league is suspicious of intent.

You are clearly not sure what's going on here. I was totally joking. You think I was really suggesting that Lou "Tanya Harding'ed" Ladd's knee...?

Reactions: PK Cronin

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I just expect that he’s going to come back at less than 100%. It’s just what NHLer do in the postseason. If he doesn’t have some sort of injury that can’t be taped up or injected with something then he won’t be back but if it can be in some way he’s playing come game 1

If it is some type of bone break** in his strong hand / wrist / arm, I would find it extremely difficult to play hockey regardless of pain tolerance.

**COMPLETE SPECULATION

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You are clearly not sure what's going on here. I was totally joking. You think I was really suggesting that Lou "Tanya Harding'ed" Ladd's knee...?
No, I didn't. But I did think your post was about making sure that the doctor's findings were in line with the teams needs.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
No but you never know if Lou put a sharpie to the MRI and doctored up the picture a little bit to make Ladd’s knee appear worse than it is.:sarcasm:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No, I didn't. But I did think your post was about making sure that the doctor's findings were in line with the teams needs.

Again I was kidding, but if you've read enough about Lou and the NHL, you know he usually gets what he wants even if it bends the rules. Word is many executives were irate that Lou was allowed to reach out to Tavares before he was officially hired on with the Isles. That could be considered tampering, but you see the league say a peep?

Also go check out how Lou handled the Lupul contract situation and tell me Ladd couldn't be hidden under a bridge if Lou wanted.

Reactions: thegoldenyear

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Again I was kidding, but if you've read enough about Lou and the NHL, you know he usually gets what he wants even if it bends the rules. Word is many executives were irate that Lou was allowed to reach out to Tavares before he was officially hired on with the Isles. That could be considered tampering, but you see the league say a peep?

Also go check out how Lou handled the Lupul contract situation and tell me Ladd couldn't be hidden under a bridge if Lou wanted.
You're swinging after the bell. We are in agreement. Lou will do all he can to make this work for the Isles. If that sounds mercenary to some people, so be it. It is the truth of the matter.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
So Much for our huge deadline acquisition according to Lou. Lou's deadline hibernation continues to look more and more like a failure seemingly by the day. With the injury prone guys on this team, to assume we needed no depth is incomprehensible. I'd like to hear Lou talk about his deadline acquisition now. If he was Toronto surely he'd have to answer for that.

Reactions: Bird Boys

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
No chance in hell he is healed in 5 months either. That would be super human for a young stud athlete, not a 34 year old whose body is breaking down. Expect Ladd to miss most of next season too. Hope he retires. Wish him well.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
So Much for our huge deadline acquisition according to Lou. Lou's deadline hibernation continues to look more and more like a failure seemingly by the day. With the injury prone guys on this team, to assume we needed no depth is incomprehensible. I'd like to hear Lou talk about his deadline acquisition now. If he was Toronto surely he'd have to answer for that.
Fireable offense.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Are you dating anyone? If so can you get you significant other to post a brief paragraph on what it's like to be dating you?

Thanks,

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
And you’re back. Where were you the past two games?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Before Lou talks about his deadline acquisition, why don't you talk about the recent wins this team has had? Oh right, it doesn't fit your "sky is falling mantra".

*Team is one point out of first

*Andrew Ladd out for season

You: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! THE SKY IS FALLING. ANDREW LADD IS HURT AND THE TEAM WON'T BE IN FIRST OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!"

Also, Fritz played better last game than Filppula has been playing as of late so they'll get past it.

Reactions: MattMartin

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
FIRE LOU.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad