Confirmed with Link: Andrew Hammond Traded to New Jersey for Nate Schnarr

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
From the sportsforecaster.com:

"SCOUTING REPORT
Displays excellent two-way skills and a high hockey IQ. Rarely makes crucial mistakes in terms of positioning or passing when on the ice. Owns a very projectable frame and some goal-scoring upside for the big league. Needs to become stronger in order to better handle shutdown duties in the professional ranks. Is not a great skater, which may also hinder performance at the highest level. Must improve his face-off skills, too.

Long Range Potential: Solid, two-way center with some upside."

Seems like a nice project, just need to work on his skating, we got Adam Nicholas now for that.

Reactions: John B

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This is for Laval
While I agree. I've seen him play a few times this year. There could be something there. He's huge. His skating has improved since junior a lot (although still not huge strength.. but it was what was really holding him back).

He could easily end up being a solid #4C in a year or two.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
:scared::scared::scared:

More seriously, we essentially traded Baddock for Schnarr, which is a win for me, Baddock has no future in the NHL, whereas Schnarr, although slim, at least has a chance.
I don't think it's slim. I'd say he's almost a lock to get at least one season as a #4C somewhere... how he develops from there will see whether he can become a #3C or go back to the AHL.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
From the sportsforecaster.com:

"SCOUTING REPORT
Displays excellent two-way skills and a high hockey IQ. Rarely makes crucial mistakes in terms of positioning or passing when on the ice. Owns a very projectable frame and some goal-scoring upside for the big league. Needs to become stronger in order to better handle shutdown duties in the professional ranks. Is not a great skater, which may also hinder performance at the highest level. Must improve his face-off skills, too.

Long Range Potential: Solid, two-way center with some upside."

Seems like a nice project, just need to work on his skating, we got Adam Nicholas now for that.
His skating is already improved from junior but it's still his weakness. He looks awkward when he skates.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So Allen & Montembeault it is. Schnarr will help in Laval. He's having a decent year. He's also only 22 and is on his last year of ELC. Big, RHC.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
He is pretty good offensively in the AHL considering our roster.

He's got 1 point less than Ylonen in just 1 more game.
I've seen him play a few times against Laval. He did stand out and scored against them.

Reactions: Natey

Jul 6, 2016
Thanks to Hammond for his excellent three games he played for the Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad