Idk what’s not to be excited about…
- can play any forward position
- consistent production
- good in all three zones
- pp and pk
- 28 years old
- loved by past fanbases

I’ll pay for that
It's the Nielsen and Weiss ptsd. Forgetting Nielsen was 33 and Copp is 28. Weiss was 30 and coming off what should have been a career ending injury.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
He floats and looks lazy in the same way Adam Fox does. Or like Derek Stepan used to. They all are IQ based players

Also none of what you quoted are contradictions

A coach's dream that does everything right would not be described as lacking grit, floating, or looking lazy.

A coach's dream that does everything right would be Luke Glendening, who is the opposite of all of the visual queues that you listed.

So yes, a bit contradictory.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
A coach's dream that does everything right would not be described as lacking grit, floating, or looking lazy.

A coach's dream that does everything right would be Luke Glendening, who is the opposite of all of the visual queues that you listed.

So yes, a bit contradictory.
Again, you will see what I mean. Everything I said will add up. A coach’s dream player isn’t just a 4C who knows how to forecheck

Again you need to realize that just because a player is invisible or looks lazy isn’t a bad thing. You’re being stubborn as if you’ve seen more of him than me. You will find yourself agreeing with me soon enough, I like the player, I’m just saying that he’s IQ based and not skill based so you won’t notice him on the ice much. He makes the right plays far too much to be noticeable every single shift.

Reactions: 14ari13

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
He floats and looks lazy in the same way Adam Fox does. Or like Derek Stepan used to. They all are IQ based players

Also none of what you quoted are contradictions

You guys will see what I mean
Did the Rangers make him any offers before he decided to test the market? If so, what did he walk away from and what ballpark might he be looking at?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Did the Rangers make him any offers before he decided to test the market? If so, what did he walk away from and what ballpark might he be looking at?
No idea. Drury doesn’t let anything leak. Personally the furthest I’d go with Copp is 6 x 4

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
It's the Nielsen and Weiss ptsd. Forgetting Nielsen was 33 and Copp is 28. Weiss was 30 and coming off what should have been a career ending injury.

I also question expectations around here in regards to ufa signings.

Stevie is a magician but you are going to have to overpay to acquire top talent via ufa. So I expect a contract that I am not completely happy with but in return we get a good player. And we need a lot more good players.

I'm tired of watching this team SUCK.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Not really sure how I feel about these reports as we know Yzerman is tight lipped, stuff doesn't leak and he's already come out and said he's not giving term in free agency. Personally I really don't like the idea of giving a player like Copp 5 years of term, especially when he isn't even really a legit 2C. I'd give Trocheck 5 years because he has played C his entire career and produced and has proven he can hold down a 2C spot. This ain't it IMO.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Again, you will see what I mean. Everything I said will add up. A coach’s dream player isn’t just a 4C who knows how to forecheck

Again you need to realize that just because a player is invisible or looks lazy isn’t a bad thing. You’re being stubborn as if you’ve seen more of him than me. You will find yourself agreeing with me soon enough, I like the player, I’m just saying that he’s IQ based and not skill based so you won’t notice him on the ice much. He makes the right plays far too much to be noticeable every single shift.

I like Copp. He was my preferred option for the Wings. It's not me taking issue with Copp, it's that the way you describe him just doesn't track because there are layers of contradictory statements. I get the general sense of what you are saying, it's just your rundown doesn't convey the way you want it to.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I like Copp. He was my preferred option for the Wings. It's not me taking issue with Copp, it's that the way you describe him just doesn't track because there are layers of contradictory statements. I get the general sense of what you are saying, it's just your rundown doesn't convey the way you want it to.
There are no contradictory statements, I already explained everything. What else would you like me to clear up?

Reactions: 14ari13

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Copp is a good 3c, but he's not a 2c solution. I wouldn't give him more than 4.5 a year.

5 million for a guy who never had more than 40 points until his first UFA contract is concerning.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Don’t forget fan favourite Abdelkader who was also 28.

Just have to wait and see what the terms are, maybe he was set on Detroit and they’re favourable. He’s a good player to add but I’ll be surprised if Yzerman gave him 5 or more years.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

giphy.gif

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
We want to spend almost six million on Copp but we don't want to kick in an extra two million for Trochek?

Reminds me of the Tigers signing Baez instead of going the extra mile for Correa. You get what you pay for.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

Just have to wait and see what the terms are, maybe he was set on Detroit and they’re favourable. He’s a good player to add but I’ll be surprised if Yzerman gave him 5 or more years.

Justin Abdelkader could never skate as well as Copp. These players are not comparable.

Andrew Copp is the player we hope and pray Veleno turns into. And hope that an Andrew Copp type is Marco Kasper's floor. This would be amazing for Detroit.

Reactions: NickH8

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Raymond & Bergy deflecting pucks off Copp's posterior raises his AAV by $1m & 1 yr.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Trocheck was my real hope, but I'd gladly take Copp. Hope Lalonde plans to deploy him as a center on the 2nd line. I think Copp honestly does some of the same things people like about Kasper.

If deployed as 2C I think he will really help support our defensive players with zone exits better as well as defensive coverage in front of the net.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Seems like the title of this thread is a little strong.

"deals already in place and players already reportedly tied to team(s). Such as... Copp (DET)"
"So those teams tied to players, they are this morning only 'front runners.' "

I think Bobby Margs is covering his tracks a little bit to not imply tampering, but I think I thinke he's also saying there varying degrees of certainty on the players listed.

Seems likely, but don't know that its a sure thing yet

Negotiations can start at 12:01 AM. Signings can't happen until 12:00 PM. Wings wouldn't tamper.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Borderline playoff team if we add Copp and stay relatively healthy...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
We want to spend almost six million on Copp but we don't want to kick in an extra two million for Trochek?

Reminds me of the Tigers signing Baez instead of going the extra mile for Correa. You get what you pay for.

Because Trocheck is not that much better than Copp.

When did Trocheck become good enough to flirt with $7.5-8 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad