Confirmed with Link: Andrew Copp to Detroit | 5 years @ $5.6M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'd suggested & envisioned loading up @ C, getting both Trocheck & Copp

...someone has to cover for Vrana's freewheeling & Hronek's Hroneking.

1657713859073.png

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Wanted Vincent Trocheck but Copps a good option. Hometown guy who has a similiar two way game as Trocheck.

This will help Red Wings out ALOT!

Red Wings fans hate when the team spends money. They'll be tons of comments about how this doesnt move the needle but... It's upgraded our 2nd line and both special team units so. IDK. No one else was stepping into that role within, so I consider the signing a big win. Improves the team in a lot of areas(imo).

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
You aren’t gonna get copp for 4 X 4.
I know. I don’t want him.

This isn’ta long term fix so I don’t see the issue. 100x better than seeing Suter at 2C.
Oh you better bet your ass it’s a long term fix if it’s a long term contract north of 5m. You aren’t tossing a 5m player on line 3 unless that cap magically skyrockets.

Praying it’s 3-4y max.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Wanted Vincent Trocheck but Copps a good option. Hometown guy who has a similiar two way game as Trocheck.

This will help Red Wings out ALOT!

Red Wings fans hate when the team spends money. They'll be tons of comments about how this doesnt move the needle but... It's upgraded our 2nd line and both special team units so. IDK. No one else was stepping into that role within, so I consider the signing a big win. Improves the team in a lot of areas(imo).
I probably disagree with most of this post. You need to think long term and now just right now. This of course helps right now. Ideally, if he’s your 2c in 3 years you messed up
Somewhere. I hope I’m wrong.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Seems like the title of this thread is a little strong.

"deals already in place and players already reportedly tied to team(s). Such as... Copp (DET)"
"So those teams tied to players, they are this morning only 'front runners.' "

I think Bobby Margs is covering his tracks a little bit to not imply tampering, but I think I thinke he's also saying there varying degrees of certainty on the players listed.

Seems likely, but don't know that its a sure thing yet

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I probably disagree with most of this post. You need to think long term and now just right now. This of course helps right now. Ideally, if he’s your 2c in 3 years you messed up
Copp can also play the wing. If he shifts down to 3C or even 3W he still adds value with his 200 ft game and ability to play both special teams

Reactions: I See Blue

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I am thinking long-term and the wingers we are bringing up through our system don't need to play with Veleno/Rasmussen on a third line and flounder. Playing with Suter/Copp for the next year or two will help their development a lot.

I genuinely don't know who you see within who's better than Copp. That's curious to me if you disagree with me there.

It's also ok to disagree. Lots of fans love a perpetual rebuild. You prolly won't like Larkins extension either. I'm glad Yzerman is leaning towards getting better vs staying a doormat just for attempts to dratf well/high.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
I know. I don’t want him.

Oh you better bet your ass it’s a long term fix if it’s a long term contract north of 5m. You aren’t tossing a 5m player on line 3 unless that cap magically skyrockets.

Praying it’s 3-4y max.
The Wings have the cap space to do this stuff. This seems more like a stopgap until Kasper is ready.

Plus, as a team who has finished in the bottom 10 of this league, it’s going to be difficult to get top UFAs here. Trocheck seems like he wants to be on a playoff team. Copp, being from the area, may want to help with the rebuild.

Reactions: 14ari13

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Can copp win face offs? Supposedly here a gritty. Can he score 20 or more on the offensively starved Wings? How is his skating? I have only seen a few games of his. Thanks for the info
He's played a lot of wing in that time too, but yeah he's got over 50% win rate the last 5 years in a row.

Larkin, Copp, Suter, Rasmussen isn't god awful up the middle anymore. Not pimping much either but hey we're middle of the road at least now.

Reactions: jkutswings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark