Confirmed with Link: Andrew Copp to Detroit | 5 years @ $5.6M

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Copp and also Edvinsson will definitely makes us better. But in my opinion we need to suck one more year. Otherwise we'll be choosing in top 13-15 range.

Reactions: 14ari13

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If Stevie Y is giving him term (4+ years) it means he believes he can be a guy, which is exciting

Who am I to doubt him lol

A free, intellectual mind. I mean Copp was my preferred option, so I'm not doubting the decision, but you don't need to serve as a cult leader. Feel free to like what you like, and dislike what you dislike.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'm not sure people will like the contract. I don't see how the kid doesn't sign for at least 30 million. I don't mind it with all the space and future rising cap(assuming). etc.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
He can play all positions,
He's from the area (which will bring more fans in),
In the playoffs he wasn't a passenger on the Strome-Panarin line, he was great. Not sure if he was the centre on that line?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers fan rundown on Copp

-Very versatile, can literally play anywhere. He was our 2nd line RW and fit in perfectly
-Doesn’t deke/stick handle at all
-Jack of all trades master of none
-High IQ player, looks lazy at times
-Floats often, invisible most of the time
-Coach’s player, does everything right, takes no risks. Literally every coach’s dream
-Doesn’t skate with the puck at all
-Pass & go type player
-Concerning injury history
-Produces but makes you wonder how sometimes
-He is not gritty at all. He doesn’t hit or stir shit up
-Good locker room glue guy
-Underrated defensively, needs to be utilized more properly there as in playing PK more often
-Elite positionally

I do wish NYR re-signed him though

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

-Very versatile, can literally play anywhere. He was our 2nd line RW and fit in perfectly
-Doesn’t deke at all
-Coach’s player, does everything right, takes no risks. Literally every coach’s dream

-Pass & go type player
-Underrated defensively, needs to be utilized more properly there as in playing PK more often
-Elite positionally

I think you need to elaborate more. A lot of these seem contradicting. The bolded in particular.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think you need to elaborate more. A lot of these seem contradicting. The bolded in particular.
Not even. Just because he’s invisible doesn’t mean bad. He makes a lot of small plays that go unnoticed is my point. He doesn’t take any risks, as straightforward as a player can be. Coach’s love that

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Not even. Just because he’s invisible doesn’t mean bad. He makes a lot of small plays that go unnoticed is my point. He doesn’t take any risks, as straightforward as a player can be. Coach’s love that
Ok. I just think "float" and "invisible" have really bad connotations.
I guess in my opinion you can leave those out and have that topic covered with "elite positionally" and "High IQ" without the negativity attached. But, I got it now.

Reactions: jkutswings

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO

-Doesn’t deke/stick handle at all
-Pass & go type player
-Elite positionally

Some of that assessment kind of makes him sound like a poor man's Johan Franzen. I can live with that as long as he doesn't get a contract like Franzen.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I probably disagree with most of this post. You need to think long term and now just right now. This of course helps right now. Ideally, if he’s your 2c in 3 years you messed up
Somewhere. I hope I’m wrong.
Why is everything so permanent? If he is the 2c next year that doesn't mean he will be the 2c forever, or even for the duration of his contract.

Pius Suter was the 2c last year, and next year he won't be. Things can change around...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

-Doesn’t deke at all
-Pass & go type player

This post is just one giant contradiction.

Pros: Coach's player, does everything right, very versatile, high IQ, good locker room guy, produces

Cons: Floats often, looks lazy, doesn't skate with puck, not gritty, don't understand how he produces

Summary:
Pro: is good
Con: might not be good

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
if he has injury history, I'm hoping it's a 4 year deal. middle 6 forwards don't last long once their bodies start to go.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This post is just one giant contradiction.

Pros: Coach's player, does everything right, very versatile, high IQ, good locker room guy, produces

Cons: Floats often, looks lazy, doesn't skate with puck, not gritty, don't understand how he produces

Summary:
Pro: is good
Con: might not be good
He floats and looks lazy in the same way Adam Fox does. Or like Derek Stepan used to. They all are IQ based players

Also none of what you quoted are contradictions

You guys will see what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad