Confirmed with Link: Andrew Copp, 6th for Barron, Cond. 2nd, 2nd, 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Resign this man, anyone just watch his interview right now between the Krakken Golden Knights intermission? He seems like a funny guy and seems like he likes it here. maybe with the talent here and a good team he would take a little less for some security. He seems like the type you win with.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Maybe you’ve forgotten how effective he was to start the season

He’s absolutely worth 1.6 million a year
I liked him. He hasn’t played more than 40 games in a season in his career. He’s exactly the person we should be pinching pennies on.

Reactions: Peltz

Rangeri

Sep 29, 2020
Lapland
Very good start for Copp, but maybe we should watch first how end of the regular season will turn out + playoffs. I hope he makes the case for staying, but we can't rush these situations or it can have large negative impact to our roster and couple games is just too little of a simple size.

Still i'm rooting for the guy 100%

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Thought copp would be a good addition but didn't expect this. Would love to resign him, only worry about his concussion history, but he is the type of center that diversifies our top 6 and top 9, finally...

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Looks like he's fit in perfectly with you guys so far. I'll be on the Rangers band wagon this playoffs, Not going to lie, I want that 1st round pick badly and think with the additions you made at the TD, puts you in a very good position to win a few rounds. Solid top 6 and bottom 6 depth, really good back end and the obvious vezna winner in net, not sure what else you can ask for.

Copp's opportunities in the top 6 in WPG always felt as he was a place holder and never seemed like it was a permanent position. Lowry isn't as versatile, so Copp was always his wingman on the 3rd line. Those two were always a reliable pair and complemented each other perfectly and were able to shut down other top lines so he was pretty much stapled there. He wanted more ice time, but our top 6 wingers were Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine (before the trade) and Conner at the time, and his lack of opportunity at C meant he wasn't trusted to fill that 2C hole and had to compete with Statsny (at both w and C) and Little (before his injury) and PLD after the trade,

He's seems to continue developing his scoring touch and now has back to back career seasons, proving he belongs in the top 6. He does go streaks were his offense isn't there, but has a solid defensive game to fall back on and contributes there. I felt he was always underrated and overshadowed by our big name players. I'm not sure how much more offense there is for him to develop, but at worst I think he's an elite 3rd line C and depending on his wingers, an area where you are definitely not lacking, could be a very good all around 200ft 2C - depending on where his offense caps out at and if he can remain consistent offensively.

I think it's likely he resigns with you in the offseason. Many Jets fans felt NY was his likely destination the past few years when he seemed to be positioning himself to get to UFA. The only other team I could see him being interested in is Detroit since he's from Michigan, however not sure how motivated he would be to go there after multiple playoff runs in WPG and hopefully a deep run with NY, unless Yzerman throws stupid money at him. Good luck Ranger fans. Props on the stellar quick rebuild.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Looks like he's fit in perfectly with you guys so far. I'll be on the Rangers band wagon this playoffs, Not going to lie, I want that 1st round pick badly and think with the additions you made at the TD, puts you in a very good position to win a few rounds. Solid top 6 and bottom 6 depth, really good back end and the obvious vezna winner in net, not sure what else you can ask for.

Copp's opportunities in the top 6 in WPG always felt as he was a place holder and never seemed like it was a permanent position. Lowry isn't as versatile, so Copp was always his wingman on the 3rd line. Those two were always a reliable pair and complemented each other perfectly and were able to shut down other top lines so he was pretty much stapled there. He wanted more ice time, but our top 6 wingers were Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine (before the trade) and Conner at the time, and his lack of opportunity at C meant he wasn't trusted to fill that 2C hole and had to compete with Statsny (at both w and C) and Little (before his injury) and PLD after the trade,

He's seems to continue developing his scoring touch and now has back to back career seasons, proving he belongs in the top 6. He does go streaks were his offense isn't there, but has a solid defensive game to fall back on and contributes there. I felt he was always underrated and overshadowed by our big name players. I'm not sure how much more offense there is for him to develop, but at worst I think he's an elite 3rd line C and depending on his wingers, an area where you are definitely not lacking, could be a very good all around 200ft 2C - depending on where his offense caps out at and if he can remain consistent offensively.

I think it's likely he resigns with you in the offseason. Many Jets fans felt NY was his likely destination the past few years when he seemed to be positioning himself to get to UFA. The only other team I could see him being interested in is Detroit since he's from Michigan, however not sure how motivated he would be to go there after multiple playoff runs in WPG and hopefully a deep run with NY, unless Yzerman throws stupid money at him. Good luck Ranger fans. Props on the stellar quick rebuild.

So when is Dubois available? Rangers like to make trades with the Jets Trouba, Copp, can Dubois be next? He is one of the most physical centers in the league. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So when is Dubois available? Rangers like to make trades with the Jets Trouba, Copp, can Dubois be next? He is one of the most physical centers in the league. :sarcasm:

A list of forwards who played with Jacob Trouba:

JT Miller
Ryan Hartman
JT Compher
Charlie Coyle
Brandon Saad
Jason Zucker
Austin watson
Nick Bjugstad
Zach Hyman

Which one will Drury go for?

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Interesting that Drury went after Danault in FA but reportedly didn’t like the term. I wonder if he’s targeting Copp at 5MM over 5 years, maybe that’s a low ball offer

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Interesting that Drury went after Danault in FA but reportedly didn’t like the term. I wonder if he’s targeting Copp at 5MM over 5 years, maybe that’s a low ball offer

Copp is a better player in my opinion. more versatility from him. better all round player

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

Haven't watched much lately, but I'd say that is a low-ball offer. We need to re-sign him, simply for the price of admission and I hope it's (cheap).

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Haven't watched much lately, but I'd say that is a low-ball offer. We need to re-sign him, simply for the price of admission and I hope it's (cheap).
Copp turned down 5 x 4 mil from Winnipeg and the speculation was that he was looking for 5 x 5. We'll see if those numbers change with the Rangers, but I'd be fine with giving him 6 x 5 mil if that's what it takes.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Copp turned down 5 x 4 mil from Winnipeg and the speculation was that he was looking for 5 x 5. We'll see if those numbers change with the Rangers, but I'd be fine with giving him 6 x 5 mil if that's what it takes.
I'd take 5x5 in a heart beat.

Would he go lower for longer term?

4M for Winnipeg isn't the most attractive deal. $4M is team friendly... but it's Winnipeg.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Still want to see how both Strome and Copp perform in the playoffs before I start throwing around numbers,

But yeah. He's good. Should try to keep.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Don't both Mika and Crosby have a concussion history?
they are also both elite, so you take your chance on elite players more so than mid 6 guys looking for their big payday entering ufa. those type of players aren't comparable to copp, it's just silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad