Confirmed with Link: Andrew Copp, 6th for Barron, Cond. 2nd, 2nd, 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
So what do people think it will take to sign Copp ? 5 Million ?
What about Frankie ? 3.5 - 4 M ?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm not even against moving Kakko if its for an upgrade that makes sense but if its strictly to make room for a mediocre player who has basically been mooching of one of the most productive players in the league, we're f***ing doomed.

Moving Kakko to make room for Strome is the dumbest thing that has been suggested here in months. For real, consider that we have @EdJovanovski saying crazy things on the daily and that is really saying something.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I'm not even against moving Kakko if its for an upgrade that makes sense but if its strictly to make room for a mediocre player who has basically been mooching of one of the most productive players in the league, we're f***ing doomed.

Moving Kakko to make room for Strome is the dumbest thing that has been suggested here in months. For real, consider that we have @EdJovanovski saying crazy things on the daily and that is really saying something.

Dryden Hunt would have had more than 5 goals this year if it was as easy as mooching off Panarin. The players on Panarin’s line still need to be good players in order to perform. Panarin has had good linemates (PLD for starters) elsewhere and yet he has consistently set career highs here with Strome. Sometimes chemistry needs to be recognized. You don’t need to like Strome, but enough with the hyperbole.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Last year Copp scored at a good pace for 82 games. He finished with 39 points in 55 games, a 58 point pace over a full season. Good numbers, but end of the day you get paid for what you did not projected numbers. This year is his first 50 point season. Before this year, and the pace he scored at last season, his resume is pretty much a number of sub 30 point seasons. The difference between him and someone like a Danault is the track record. Danault already had a 40 point, 47 point and 53 point season under his belt. He's a good comparison but maybe a sliver more proven than Copp. There's a handful of them, but another good comparable to me this year is the McCann extension with Seattle.

I think people are also overestimating how much Vatrano is going to get. He's been a great fit here, he brings a much needed shoot first mentality that we lack, he's someone that I think if he can play somewhere with extra minutes (like he has here) that team will be rewarded with some untapped production. He didn't get much ice time in Florida, he's gotten far more minutes in a larger role here and has promptly scored at a top 6 pace. That being said he finished the year with another 30 point season. He got his current contract at 2.5mil after a 39 point year. How much of a raise is he going to get during these times? They know the cap isn't going up much for a couple years. We're still going to be dealing with contracts that'll look similar to the ones we saw as covid unfolded.

Duclair got 3 years at 3mil. He's a good comparable. He's really broken out in Florida and become a good little piece for them. Unless they break out, those smallish secondary scoring types putting up 30 points aren't really raking in much money.

If we unload Nemeths cap hit somewhere I really don't think we'll have many issues re-signing the 3 priorities: Kakko, Copp, & Vatrano. Hell, even Motte could fit in, these guys aren't getting crazy money in the times we're in at the moment

Reactions: ponzu4u

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You have to sign him. He'd be signed already if it didn't make it complicated with Strome.

Hopefully Drury has a rough deal in place

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
He is a stud. The exact kind of player we really needed to add to this team.

Regardless of what happens here this was one of the best trade deadlines for us in many decades.

Every player brought in has played a giant role in this playoff run, even Braun.

Sign us up for those 5.5 per for 6 seasons rumors.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
He is a stud. The exact kind of player we really needed to add to this team.

Regardless of what happens here this was one of the best trade deadlines for us in many decades.

Every player brought in has played a giant role in this playoff run, even Braun.

Sign us up for those 5.5 per for 6 seasons rumors.
Braun has been low key solid.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I can't find another Copp thread, so this one it is.

Looks like everything I'm reading from various sources is that Copp and the Rangers are pretty far apart, and looks very much like it won't get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad