Player Discussion Andrei Markov (Re-sign or Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I just don't get it either. Why in hell's name would you close the door on him like that? No one was offering anything close to what Markov was asking for so there would have been a chance for him to lower his requests and come back to Montreal. Did MB give another ultimatum again? "Sign our offer by July 26 else the offer is off the table and you are gone"??

Markov has his own press conference later today likely with an announcement. My guess is Russia. Team is likely just getting ahead of that.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I've already seen a post here from a Habs fan saying Markov was never elite or top 20 at his position. That fan probably turned on Subban soon after he was traded as well.
Worst fans in the league.

And I don't blame the fans, it's the bad management that spurs this irrationality.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
What a disaster of an offseason. I honestly don't think there's one Habs fan in the world that's satisfied with Bergevin's work this summer.

lol don't kid yourself. The last standing soldiers still remain.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Worst fans in the league.

And I don't blame the fans, it's the bad management that spurs this irrationality.

And it starts at the very top with Geoff Molson. He's handed complete control of his hockey club over to a former journeyman defenseman who's never held accountable for any of his decisions. What a mess this team is becoming under the current management group. :help:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
What a disaster of an offseason. I honestly don't think there's one Habs fan in the world that's satisfied with Bergevin's work this summer.

Have you not been reading this board? I can name off 5 posters here right now off the top of my head that honestly believe the Habs are a better team now than 3 months ago.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Looks like the Russian experiment in Montreal is over..........we are trading for signing and drafting all NA players and the odd Finn.
Nothing wrong with that.

Good to see those sneaky foreigners no longer taking our jobs, am I right?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Markov leaving the Habs has been a scary thought for a long time but we had the pieces to replace him. But somehow, today, we don't.

Standard affair for the Bergevin Habs. He seems to go into every negotiation where only his opinion matters. In one year his arrogance has cost us Subban, Markov and Radulov. That's... impressive in some morbid way.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Standard affair for the Bergevin Habs. He seems to go into every negotiation where only his opinion matters. In one year his arrogance has cost us Subban, Markov and Radulov. That's... impressive in some morbid way.

He lies about it every time too.

He's the used car salesman of GMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad