Player Discussion Andrei Markov (Re-sign or Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I really wonder if outcome would have been different had he had an agent. This is really weird, one day the truth about all this mess will come out hopefully.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Markov leaving the Habs has been a scary thought for a long time but we had the pieces to replace him. But somehow, today, we don't.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This is a sad day for the Habs. Markov should've played his entire NHL career with the Habs and retired a Hab. Good luck General.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
My guess is that since he wasn't offered two years, he'll be playing in the KHL and going to the olympics this year.

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003
seems weird to close the door lile that... why not keep the door open until the end ?

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
lol I guess he really wanted 2 years or i dont understand this . Press Conference is weird too unless hes annoucing his retirement and going to KHL for the olympics .

Our D Core is not even close to last year lol and we still are weak down the middle .

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Went around the league d rosters. Time to call Anaheim, Rangers, Islanders and Buffalo. In that order.

Sergachev would fit perfectly now.

Cant believe some are calling Davidson or Streit to play alongside Weber. Sick denial.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So now we have absolutely no vision in the back end.

Nobody who can bring the play up effectively (Maybe Petry).

Our transition game will suck balls, which in turn will make it difficult for our forwards to generate more offense since all they will be doing is waiting for the puck which most often than not will not come and that will once again make the Habs easy to play against and extremely boring to watch.

I hope for the Habs organsation Jerabec is a star PMD because as of now, we are desperately in need of one.

In the meantime, Montreal will change their team name to the Shot blockers!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Markov leaving the Habs has been a scary thought for a long time but we had the pieces to replace him. But somehow, today, we don't.

MB is running the Habs right into the ground. MB has no plan and seems way in over his head right now.

void

Jan 5, 2006
What a disaster of an offseason. I honestly don't think there's one Habs fan in the world that's satisfied with Bergevin's work this summer.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
humm, maybe his NEW wife does not want to live in Canada!
But I will bet my last cent that he will become a Hab scout one day for sure.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
So now we have absolutely no vision in the back end.

Nobody who can bring the play up effectively (Maybe Petry).

Our transition game will suck balls, which in turn will make it difficult for our forwards to generate more offense since all they will be doing is waiting for the puck which most often than not will not come and that will once again make the Habs easy to play against and extremely boring to watch.

I hope for the Habs organsation Jerabec is a star PMD because as of now, we are desperately in need of one.

In the meantime, Montreal will change their team name to the Shot blockers!

Even if Jerabek is some completely unforeseen revelation, he's a UFA next year.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So let's see...

Nothing was done about improving our Center line.

Nothing was done about getting a legit PMD to play with Weber and our D line has also become worse.

We didn't resign Radulov who was our only consistent and entertaning player on the team.

We trade our best prospect for Drouin who asside from last year, hasn't done much in this league other than pout and complain. But the jury is still out on this deal.

We signed Streit... nuff said

Not one notable signing made this off season. I don't consider Alzner a notable signing.

None of the teams needs have been addressed.

We lost arguably our best overall defender over the last 15 years

... ... ...

Trying to see a positive here... really do... Extended Price @ 10.5 mill AAV maybe?

Ugh!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
**** you Bergevin, my already waning interest in the Habs has fallen even more. The disrespect showed to Markov, and others, is really sad. This dead is no better than the one the ended last season and it could easily be argued that they are much worse off.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So let's see...

Nothing was done about improving our Center line.

Nothing was done about getting a legit PMD to play with Weber and our D line has also become worse.

We didn't resign Radulov who was our only consistent and entertaning player on the team.

We trade our best prospect for Drouin who asside from last year, hasn't done much in this league other than pout and complain. But the jury is still out on this deal.

We signed Streit... nuff said

Not one notable signing made this off season. I don't consider Alzner a notable signing.

None of the teams needs have been addressed.

We lost arguably our best overall defender over the last 15 years

... ... ...

Trying to see a positive here... really do... Extended Price @ 10.5 mill AAV maybe?

Ugh!

Totally agree the team is in a tail spin and it will take a miracle to come out of it before totally crashing and burning.

Did they even have a plan going into this off season? Sure as hell didn't seem like it.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
"Streit is not here to replace Markov" They said.

MB is so predictable, he knew he failed with Markov so he signed Streit.

Raise your hand if you really belieive Streit is replacing Markov... come on now. We really should have bit the bullet and gave him the two years but Streit won't play 20 minutes a night with Weber.

Streit was brought in because after our top 3 we have a log jam of 5-6-7 d-men and question marks. We are going to see a heavy rotation across our 4/5/6 roles next season. Hopefully Benn or Jerabak can be a consistent #4 but that is not even close to a certainty.

Streit was signed because of Markov, but not to replace him.

As of right now it looks like we are going into camp needing somebody to step up or surprise.. not a great feeling. Really hoping the rest of that cap space is being planned on something.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Raise your hand if you really belieive Streit is replacing Markov... come on now. We really should have bit the bullet and gave him the two years but Streit won't play 20 minutes a night with Weber.

Streit was brought in because after our top 3 we have a log jam of 5-6-7 d-men and question marks. We are going to see a heavy rotation across our 4/5/6 roles next season. Hopefully Benn or Jerabak can be a consistent #4 but that is not even close to a certainty.

Streit was signed because of Markov, but not to replace him.

As of right now it looks like we are going into camp needing somebody to step up or surprise.. not a great feeling. Really hoping the rest of that cap space is being planned on something.

Right now I don't see who on the backend could step up and surprise to be a 20 minute defender that is solid on the PP, level headed with the puck and is as effective at moving it up the ice. The one guy that might have been able to was traded for Drouin.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Habs are looking at something like:

Schlemko/Streit/Jerabek-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko/Streit/Jerabek-Benn

That's a pretty lousy D-core. Add in no center depth and I have no idea what Bergevin is doing.

Not likely. As of today Alzner - Weber will be the most common pairing. Perry will get a heavy rotation of bottom pairing d-men. Maybe Jerabek and Streit will get some offensive zone draws with Weber if we are down a goal.

Unless Jerabek really surprises.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Not likely. As of today Alzner - Weber will be the most common pairing. Perry will get a heavy rotation of bottom pairing d-men. Maybe Jerabek and Streit will get some offensive zone draws with Weber if we are down a goal.

Unless Jerabek really surprises.

Alzner-Weber will not be all that different to Emelin-Weber. Petry-Benn would be OK, but all in all Price will have to be in the Vezina conversation or the team will need to be insanely healthy for this team to make the play-offs. Losing Weber or Petry for any amount of time is death knell.

Jul 6, 2016
puzzling decisions by MB so far in this off season. He dismantled his whole left side of his defense for basically Drouin and a third rounder. The center line is always questionable.

He still got over 8 million $ to bring some valuable player-s....

if I would be a season ticket holders, I would cancel them. Maybe empty seats at the Bell is the only thing Mr. Molson would undestand.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What a disaster of an offseason. I honestly don't think there's one Habs fan in the world that's satisfied with Bergevin's work this summer.

See...
I think it started very well with the Drouin trade, and the offloading of Emelin.

Not that Sergachev is anything like Markov (they're nearly polar opposites as players), but those moves looks significantly worse now that Markov is gone.

Everything good done prior to July 1st has been wrecked by what happened after July 1st.

EDIT : Oh, the Beaulieu trade... I don't have much of an opinion on this, since it's just seemed pointless a month ago. Not bad, just pointless. Now it looks horrible.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Cue "journalists" spreading rumours of Markov's "off-ice issues" any minute now.

Habs world is closer to Soviet-era Romania than anything else. The one in power is always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad