Speculation: Andrei Kostitsyn wants to come back to NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yes. These people who have worked themselves to near peak physical condition, competed at the highest level this planet has to offer and produced fairly well at said level are lazy, selfish bums. This is an intelligent, rational thing to say.

No wonder there's still a market for Don Cherry in this country. :sarcasm:

Also, the requisite 'EA Sports' reference. A clear sign of mature, reasonable debate.

Seriously, grow up and learn to argue like an adult. You're not impressing anybody by repeating the same tired stereotypes. It's boring. You're boring. I'm bored.

By your rationalization Byfuglien, Latendresse, Kessel, Wellwood, Tkachuk, DSP all maintained peak physical condition just because they played in the NHL????? To say that your position is weak would be a gross understatement considering all of these players have been documented as being egregiously out of shape relative to their peers.

You may not appreciate the EA reference but if the shoe fits..........

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
By your rationalization Byfuglien, Latendresse, Kessel, Wellwood, Tkachuk, DSP all maintained peak physical condition just because they played in the NHL????? To say that your position is weak would be a gross understatement considering all of these players have been documented as being egregiously out of shape relative to their peers.

You may not appreciate the EA reference but if the shoe fits..........

The hate runs deep with you, but I do love the passion.

You're over thinking this. Eller and Kostitsyn have shown some good chemistry together in the past, some would like to see them reunited, Eller been needing some offensive support and DLR just doesn't cut it in that front. Nobody thinks he'll turn into our savior or that he'll be the future captain. Don't act like having him come in on a try-out or a 1 year deal would destroy this team and send them in some downward spiral.

Still waiting on that mountain of evidence to support you baseless claims...

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I'm surprised by tge lack of NHL demand for AK46, I don't think he is great but I think he can be adequate. He doesn't fit on the Habs but that is because we already have 13 forwards with Holloway and Flynn, and we are stacked with offensive prospects who should get big league stints.

That's probably because GMs know better. And I'm pretty sure teams are scouting other leagues too.

But I agree on the whole. He doesn't fit with us. Could be a longshot on a team that desperately needs offense. It's not impossible he gets a contract.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
That's probably because GMs know better. And I'm pretty sure teams are scouting other leagues too.

But I agree on the whole. He doesn't fit with us. Could be a longshot on a team that desperately needs offense. It's not impossible he gets a contract.

How does he not fit? There will be a battle for the 3rd line LW position. You can bring Kostitsyn in on a try-out and have him battle it out with Andrighetto and Hudon.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Kassian
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
???????-Eller-Weise
DLR-Mitchell-DSP

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Agreed

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
How does he not fit? There will be a battle for the 3rd line LW position. You can bring Kostitsyn in on a try-out and have him, Andrighetto and Hudon battle it out.

???????-Eller-Weise
DLR-Mitchell-DSP

Honestly, I'd rather see DD on the third line, Galchenyuk centering the first. And whatever else to fill that hole on the wing. Trade, rookie, whatever.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The hate runs deep with you, but I do love the passion.

You're over thinking this. Eller and Kostitsyn have shown some good chemistry together in the past, some would like to see them reunited, Eller been needing some offensive support and DLR just doesn't cut it in that front. Nobody thinks he'll turn into our savior or that he'll be the future captain. Don't act like having him come in on a try-out or a 1 year deal would destroy this team and send them in some downward spiral.

Still waiting on that mountain of evidence to support you baseless claims...

Refer back to post #872..........rinse and repeat.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Honestly, I'd rather see DD on the third line, Galchenyuk centering the first. And whatever else to fill that hole on the wing. Trade, rookie, whatever.

I'd prefer to have DD off the team, but Galchenyuk playing center is ultimately what's most important, let's hope management feels the same way. The lineup I posted is what I expect, I'd be pleasantly surprised to see something different/better.

Refer back to post #872..........rinse and repeat.

You said..........................

It is amazing that despite a mountain of evidence people still blindly support these players.

Now there's no evidence apparently? hmmm........ Almost as if you're fabricating things to support your opinions..... You wouldn't do that though, right?

Capitaine Subban*

It is fascinating to see the love a career 45pt per 82games guys,on his prime,get here but we cannot have DD even on the 3rd line :help:
2007-08 AK46 was good that season only then became an inconsistant top6 forward until the management got enough of his ass.
Signing AK46 would be a disgrace and nothing less.We dont need to add another heartless scrubs after we drop Bourque&Parenteau.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Are you refuting the fact thar neither player has received much interest.......instead of rolling your eyes try focusing them on objective findings as opposed to whimsical fantasies.

I am not aware of a single team expressing any interest in Andrei Kostitsyn, but Alex Semin has drawn interest from several teams.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Perhaps then you will understand how irritating your unreasonable need for absolute evidence to comprehensively support any suggestion tha does not fall in line with your personal bias.

So first you say there is a "mountain of evidence" to support your claim, then why you're asked to provide it you change gears and say people that disagree with you have an "unreasonable need for absolute evidence."

I don't know what "absolute evidence" even is, evidence is evidence, and if there's a mountain of it, as you claim, what's the issue with providing it?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
By and large, the Habs organization is uninterested in talented and underachieving Russian projects.

They are not bringing in either Kostitsyn, even though they would improve the team "on paper";
Bergevin has passed on Semin twice now;
They passed on Grigorenko at the 2012 draft. There are many revisionists on this board who say that Alex Galchenyuk was the no brainer pick, but in fact disparate groups like NHL central scouting and Corey Pronman preferred Grigorenko to Galchenyuk ;
Alexander Avtsin spent his Hamilton years in the pressbox;
They gave up on Sekac after 50 games, and Therrien wanted to give up after 10;

There are virtually no cases of this management bringing in underachieving East Europeans. They do show more patience for North American born projects, see DSP, Kassian as examples.

Like it or not, that is the managerial philosophy.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
By and large, the Habs organization is uninterested in talented and underachieving Russian projects.

They are not bringing in either Kostitsyn, even though they would improve the team "on paper";
They passed on Grigorenko at the 2012 draft. There are many revisionists on this board who say that Alex Galchenyuk was the no brainer pick, but in fact disparate groups like NHL central scouting and Corey Pronman preferred Grigorenko to Galchenyuk ;

There are virtually no cases of this management bringing in underachieving East Europeans. They do show more patience for North American born projects, see DSP, Kassian as examples.

There's one exception to that rule and it's Emelin. But that's because Bergevin loves to invest in his defense.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
There's one exception to that rule and it's Emelin. But that's because Bergevin loves to invest in his defense.

That's because Emelin is solely responsible for us shedding our soft label around the league since 2012(though other fanbases still think we're soft). He single handedly changed the way teams forecheck against us while Bergevin worked on making the team bigger.

Nynja*

It is fascinating to see the love a career 45pt per 82games guys,on his prime,get here but we cannot have DD even on the 3rd line :help:
2007-08 AK46 was good that season only then became an inconsistant top6 forward until the management got enough of his ass.
Signing AK46 would be a disgrace and nothing less.We dont need to add another heartless scrubs after we drop Bourque&Parenteau.

Ones an expected 1 mil tryout, ones an established 3.5m bust, thats a 2.5mil caphit difference.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

The situations are completely different. Bringing in AK wouldn't prevent the upward mobility of more talented players (especially since the RW depth is paper thin) and we wouldn't be playing him a role we wasn't suited for (if he plays in the middle 6). DD on the other hand is a roadblock to Galchenyuk and is extremely mediocre given his role, ice-time, linemates and usage.

Apples and Oranges.

A RW depth of Gallagher, Kassian, AK and Weise/DSP is much better than one of Gallagher, Kassian, Weise, DSP and some scrub. And that should be the goal of team, to get better. Considering the Habs inability to score, it's not that outlandish of an idea.

Having said that, I would pass on AK because I want a long-term fix, no more quick solutions.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

45 points from the second line is far better than 48 points from the first line.

Further, AK46 had a higher goals-to-assists ratio, and delivered strong bodychecks.

HabsChik*

How does he not fit? There will be a battle for the 3rd line LW position. You can bring Kostitsyn in on a try-out and have him battle it out with Andrighetto and Hudon.

???????-Eller-Weise
DLR-Mitchell-DSP

LMAO at the two top centers....were doomed.:help:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
The situations are completely different. Bringing in AK wouldn't prevent the upward mobility of more talented players (especially since the RW depth is paper thin) and we wouldn't be playing him a role we wasn't suited for (if he plays in the middle 6). DD on the other hand is a roadblock to Galchenyuk and is extremely mediocre given his role, ice-time, linemates and usage.

Apples and Oranges.

A RW depth of Gallagher, Kassian, AK and Weise/DSP is much better than one of Gallagher, Kassian, Weise, DSP and some scrub. And that should be the goal of team, to get better. Considering the Habs inability to score, it's not that outlandish of an idea.

Having said that, I would pass on AK because I want a long-term fix, no more quick solutions.

I would never prefer AK to Scherback on the RW, he's in, AK to me would be an experienced, offensive LW(where Kostitsyn played most) in case Galchenyuk moves to the center. The debate is more between Hudon and someone like AK or Semin.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

You're exaggerating.

Avtsin wasn't a good player, he was only hyped up by people here.

Semin and Kostitsyn would definitely help us but thus far 30 teams aren't running for their services. Unless you think every single team has a anti-Russian bias.

As for the Russian projects, considering Galchenyuk a better pick than Grigorenko isn't really being biased towards north American players. It actually has little do with anything as Galchenyuk lived in Europe/Russia from 4 to 15 years old and Grigorenko came to north America when he was 16.

Sekac played in the KHL but he is not Russian nor played for a Russian team. His teams were based out of Czech and Slovakia. Sekac may be eastern European but apart from playing in a league that had teams predominately in Russia, he's still Czech. Any other explanation is like calling someone like Nazem Kadri who is born in Toronto, playing for Toronto an 'American Project' because it's a league based mostly in USA.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Ones an expected 1 mil tryout, ones an established 3.5m bust, thats a 2.5mil caphit difference.

$3.5 million is an average NHL salary, so I don't know why we should expect huge numbers from a guy being paid that amount. I would love it if the Habs could package DD for someone like Joe Thornton, but I would rather keep him around than bring back Kostitsyn. Desharnais has managed to score 188 points in 290 games over the past 4 seasons. Kostitsyn played 4 fewer games in his last four NHL seasons (DD would have had a greater advantage had it not been for the 2012-13 lockout) and scored 33 fewer points. If management really wanted to bring in a forward on a one year deal, I would much rather they sign Semin (which isn't to say that I want the Canadiens to sign Semin) than bring back a Kostitsyn.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
45 points from the second line is far better than 48 points from the first line.

Further, AK46 had a higher goals-to-assists ratio, and delivered strong bodychecks.

There's no evidence Kostitsyn is even good enough for 45 points. He certainly wasn't in his last NHL season when couldn't even crack 40 and subsequently found out nobody wanted him. Now all of a sudden 4 years later you think Kostitsyn is going to be better? Give me a break.

Capitaine Subban*

Apples and Oranges.

No it is not. For the management so far the competition for one of the two center spot is between DD & Eller. Galchenyuk is use so far as a winger until we get enough real top 6 wingers on both side.So DD doesnt blocks anyone better offensively than him at the center position since Galchenyuk is better winger than DD is accordingly to MT&MB.

Now AK46 was DD before DD he averaged 45pt per 82 games playing with top 6 players,most of the time, like Kovalev and Plek.In 2007-08 season he got a carreer high 53pt at 22 year old then slowly regress to become a 43pt per 82 games leeching on better players. I find it quite similar or even worst to another player we have that averaged ,on the same situation, 51pt per 82 games with a career high 60 point.

So 22-25 year old AK46 would fit but 2015 AK46 would have a guaranteed spot instead of 1 of our youngs like Andriguetto,Sherback,MacCarron,Hudon or whoever that make the team as a top9 forward.I see AK46 as a problem like Parenteau or Bourque we dont need him, let another team make that mistake.

Seriously AK46 at 31 year old out of the Khl :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad