Speculation: Andrei Kostitsyn wants to come back to NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
To me signing AK and/or Semin is just as much of a no-brainer as signing Jagr was when he wanted to come back to the NHL from the KHL, and the last 3 times he was a UFA on the open market for that matter.

It's an inexpensive, no lose situation that will most probably help the offense. I don't know why MB wasn't interested in signing Jagr and I don't know why he doesn't sign Semin and AK.

Ok lol......MB better hurry and sign them before all of the other GM's that are furiously competing for their services sign them. They are both garbage, accept it and move on.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Ok lol......MB better hurry and sign them before all of the other GM's that are furiously competing for their services sign them. They are both garbage, accept it and move on.

Ya, because every player not signed by now is garbage and can't help a team, just shows how much you know. :rolleyes:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Ya, because every player not signed by now is garbage and can't help a team, just shows how much you know. :rolleyes:

Are you refuting the fact thar neither player has received much interest.......instead of rolling your eyes try focusing them on objective findings as opposed to whimsical fantasies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Are you refuting the fact thar neither player has received much interest.......instead of rolling your eyes try focusing them on objective findings as opposed to whimsical fantasies.

It doesn't matter the amount of interest they've received, you and I have no clue. The question you should ask yourself is... Are Kostitsyn and more specifically Semin better options in the top 6 than DSP and Weise? Now if you put your biases aside and look at things objectively the answer would be a resounding 'yes'. but don't worry they're all just "Lazy bum Russians" right? No chance in hell they could help this offensively challenged team. :rolleyes:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
2007-08 ak46 was good then he became "just a guy" most of the time playing on offensive lines. We just disagree on that player and the highlight wasnt necessary I'm old enough to remember the most frustrating player without big numbers we had since a long time.

Yup. Koivu was let go and AK46 became best buddy with Scotty Gomez.

Willing to bet this thread will still be alive in December you guys are hilarious give it a rest already :shakehead

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Passing off perceived lack of interest as an objective finding is being generous. And lack of interest doesn't imply that the players in question are 'garbage'.

One has to wonder why so much extra hate gets thrown around whenever a player happens to be Russian (or Russian-ish).

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Passing off perceived lack of interest as an objective finding is being generous. And lack of interest doesn't imply that the players in question are 'garbage'.

One has to wonder why so much extra hate gets thrown around whenever a player happens to be Russian (or Russian-ish).

Enough of your Russian garbage. My opinion is solely based on the fact thhat these players have proven themselves to be lazy, selfish bums.

It is amazing that despite a mountain of evidence people still blindly support these players. If you understand how winning teams are built you don't support signing them. If you àre an EA Sports GM then you probably can't understand the lack of interest. I have been right and proven so many times over the years on both of these clowns, it amazes me the lengths people will go to to deflect from the facts and protect their fantastical investment in these type of players.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I've heard Latendresse is looking to make a comeback as well! Should we sign him?

1y/1M zero risk. What's not to like?

:sarcasm:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Enough of your Russian garbage. My opinion is solely based on the fact thhat these players have proven themselves to be lazy, selfish bums.

It is amazing that despite a mountain of evidence people still blindly support these players. If you understand how winning teams are built you don't support signing them. If you àre an EA Sports GM then you probably can't understand the lack of interest. I have been right and proven so many times over the years on both of these clowns, it amazes me the lengths people will go to to deflect from the facts and protect their fantastical investment in these type of players.

Yes. These people who have worked themselves to near peak physical condition, competed at the highest level this planet has to offer and produced fairly well at said level are lazy, selfish bums. This is an intelligent, rational thing to say.

No wonder there's still a market for Don Cherry in this country. :sarcasm:

Also, the requisite 'EA Sports' reference. A clear sign of mature, reasonable debate.

Seriously, grow up and learn to argue like an adult. You're not impressing anybody by repeating the same tired stereotypes. It's boring. You're boring. I'm bored.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Yes. These people who have worked themselves to near peak physical condition, competed at the highest level this planet has to offer and produced fairly well at said level are lazy, selfish bums. This is an intelligent, rational thing to say.

No wonder there's still a market for Don Cherry in this country. :sarcasm:

Also, the requisite 'EA Sports' reference. A clear sign of mature, reasonable debate.

Seriously, grow up and learn to argue like an adult. You're not impressing anybody by repeating the same tired stereotypes. It's boring. You're boring. I'm bored.

Very well put, I'd also love to hear that "Mountain of evidence" he's got to support that lazy, selfish bum claim. :popcorn:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

What evidence. AK was never known to be lazy. He was known to be inconsistent. The crazy accusation is solely based on the russian stereotype. There's a bunch of canadians that does not work harder than AK but never been called lazy..

I don't remember AK being known for not backchecking because he was too lazy. I don't remember AK being called out for his lack commitment in training or practice. He was known for being inconsistent, not focused and simply doesn't understand what the coach ask him to do.

What are those evidence of laziness and selfishness you're talking about, if it's so evident, must be easy to show us proof.

If he's lazy and doesn't work hard, a coach won't be stupid enough to play him on the first line/top 6 and put his team in trouble. But I guess internet guy like you knows better and attend every practices.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
What evidence. AK was never known to be lazy. He was known to be inconsistent. The crazy accusation is solely based on the russian stereotype. There's a bunch of canadians that does not work harder than AK but never been called lazy..

I don't remember AK being known for not backchecking because he was too lazy. I don't remember AK being called out for his lack commitment in training or practice.

What are those evidence of laziness and selfishness you're talking about, if it's so evident, must be easy to show us proof.

If he's lazy and doesn't work hard, a coach won't be stupid enough to play him on the first line and put his team in trouble. But I guess internet guy like you knows better and attend every practices.

He wasn't lazy. He was stupid. He had the hockey sense of a tennis ball. Jacques Martin finally got him to the point of pretty much being a break-even defensive player, which is a feat in and of itself.

Capitaine Subban*

I've heard Latendresse is looking to make a comeback as well! Should we sign him?

850k/1year for latendresse & 850k/1year for Sergei Kostityn.
Now we have a team:yo:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

How do you want us to sign Latendresse when he retired because of his concussions? Kostitsyn is still healthy so Kostitsyn > Latendresse :)

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
So David Desharnais, whose best season was 3 years ago with 60 points and last season scored 48 points, is garbage that should be released or traded for a late-round draft pick, while Andrei Kostitsyn, whose best season was 7 years ago with 53 points and last season in the NHL 3 years ago scored 36 points, would be a fine addition?

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Until Fehr and Semin sign, there's not point is discussing AKost. Not to mention we have young players who deserve a shot ahead of AKost.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
So David Desharnais, whose best season was 3 years ago with 60 points and last season scored 48 points, is garbage that should be released or traded for a late-round draft pick, while Andrei Kostitsyn, whose best season was 7 years ago with 53 points and last season in the NHL 3 years ago scored 36 points, would be a fine addition?

Yeah because AK would be a 1.5M$ player vs 3.5M$ for DD.

AK is here to help our 3rd line offensively. He is more talented than any of our bottom 6 wingers.

AK fills the need of lack of scoring on the third line at about 1/3 of DD's salary.

DD doesn't fill any needs. We have 3 better center than him.

It's about needs and role. I have no idea why you compared the two.

We need goals in the playoffs. AK has a goal per game rate of 0.29 in the playoffs. DD has 0.08GPG. AK is also a better playoffs performer overall.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Yeah because AK would be a 1.5M$ player vs 3.5M$ for DD.

AK is here to help our 3rd line offensively. He is more talented than any of our bottom 6 wingers.

AK fills the need of lack of scoring on the third line at about 1/3 of DD's salary.

DD doesn't fill any needs. We have 3 better center than him.

It's about needs and role. I have no idea why you compared the two.

We need goals in the playoffs. AK has a goal per game rate of 0.29 in the playoffs. DD has 0.08GPG. AK is also a better playoffs performer overall.

Saved me the bother to reply more or less the exact same thing.

While the Kassian trade was well worth it, most here are penciling a career 30 point/season guy in our top SIX, and most proposed '15-16 lineups see our 3rd centre working with DLR/Weise/DSP or players of that ilk. If AK can't out produce that gang then send him to St John's and call it a career. I'd take the over on AK outscoring those guys and with a 1 year contract at about 1 mil I don't see the harm.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

Pretty much, Kostitsyn at 1x1 playing 3rd line lw>> DD at 3.5x2 playing 3rd line lw.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Lmao x 10
Slow news time around the Habs
The headcase that I dispised will never wear the Habs jersey again. .. No character!
Please kill this thread and move on people:help:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Not sure why most of the time I find myself at odds with nearly the same posters on virtually every single thread. It's an HF thing. AK wasn't lazy and there is no evidence to back it up, not stats and not the eye test. If he had been that lazy he would not be on the top line with pleks and kovy, he would have been Chad kilger 2.0 kilger had talent but was inconsistant and lazy, again a guy we thought was a power forward with soft hand but who simply never stepped up. There is a reason his skill was thought of a mini kovy. He could read plays in the o zone fairly well. Most importantly he had chemistry with both eller and a rarity in having it with pleks.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He wasn't lazy. He was stupid. He had the hockey sense of a tennis ball. Jacques Martin finally got him to the point of pretty much being a break-even defensive player, which is a feat in and of itself.

So I can't call him lazy despite evidence to the contrary including an indirect admission by his own agent in regards to his work ethic and commitment but it is ok for you to call him stupid.....care to provide some evidence?? While you are at it please try and disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster theory as well. Perhaps then you will understand how irritating your unreasonable need for absolute evidence to comprehensively support any suggestion tha does not fall in line with your personal bias.

In the absence of absolute proof the opposite claim does not become correct by default.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
So I can't call him lazy despite evidence to the contrary including an indirect admission by his own agent in regards to his work ethic and commitment but it is ok for you to call him stupid.....care to provide some evidence?? While you are at it please try and disprove the Flyimg Spaghetti Monster theory as well. Perhaps then you will understand how irritating your unreasonable need for absolute evidence to comprehensively support any suggestion tha does not fall in line with your personal bias.

In the absence of absolte proof the opposite claim does not become correct by default.

This post needs to be a sticky.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm surprised by tge lack of NHL demand for AK46, I don't think he is great but I think he can be adequate. He doesn't fit on the Habs but that is because we already have 13 forwards with Holloway and Flynn, and we are stacked with offensive prospects who should get big league stints.

There are however a lot of teams that could use a middle six forward.

If I'm AK46 I suck it up and accept the big league tryout.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Not sure why most of the time I find myself at odds with nearly the same posters on virtually every single thread. It's an HF thing. AK wasn't lazy and there is no evidence to back it up, not stats and not the eye test. If he had been that lazy he would not be on the top line with pleks and kovy, he would have been Chad kilger 2.0 kilger had talent but was inconsistant and lazy, again a guy we thought was a power forward with soft hand but who simply never stepped up. There is a reason his skill was thought of a mini kovy. He could read plays in the o zone fairly well. Most importantly he had chemistry with both eller and a rarity in having it with pleks.

Care to explain where your evidence of Kilger being lazy comes from? You seem to be employing a double standard in order to support a personal bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad