Speculation: Andrei Kostitsyn wants to come back to NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Cool. I don't want him here though. He was a decent player for us. He'll get a deal from a team like Buffalo or Arizona.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd love him back on the third line with Eller, or on one of the top two lines for that matter.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He is not a Bergevin-type player.

MB prefers players like Shane Doan and Brandon Prust.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Which should dispel any rumor that Chucky or any other NHL roster player is interested to go to the KHL next season.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
1 year 1 mil couldn't hurt. There were never any problems with AK46 here despite what Habs fans want to believe. Would be seven trillion times better than Prust in the top 9.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
his brother has left AK Bars, wonder if he's going to try to come back to the NHL as well?
I'd take Andrei back, on a low paying contract. Low risk, medium reward. Could add a little scoring to the third line. Not ideal, but he's better than Parenteau and Prust.

Sergei, as much as I was a huge fan back in his junior days and thought he was going to be huge here.. that guy is missing a few screws. Not interested unless he wants to bust his ass off in the minors to earn a spot.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
lol at people not wanting him back. Put him in the lineup and he instantly becomes our second best scorer.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
id take him back for a cheap 1 year contract. If he doesnt work out then send him down and if he does he is exactly what we need, a big goalscorer who can hit

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If the other option is going into next season with Weise on our top 6 again, ya, bring him back.
Him and Eller made Moen look like a star. I see little risk in bringing him back.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Andrei, puck to DA net, Andrei!

Let's sign him, he's like oil and water with Therrien. This would be hilarious.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
I would take him over Parenteau, he had great chemistry with Eller and would add scoring to the 3rd line. That being said, he wouldn't grind hard enough to get a regular shift under MT.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
On a cheap "show me what you still got" contract, I wouldn't mind seeing him return. If it works out great, you got a cheap player in the top-6. If not, scratching him from time to time won't look so bad with a smaller contract.

Mynameismark*

I always loved AK's game. If his name was Andy McKosty he'd still be in the league and paid 3M a year or more.

Really? you like his soft and lazy game?

Only re-tread I'd take back is Whitey.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Really? you like his soft and lazy game?

Only re-tread I'd take back is Whitey.

I really feel that Andrei being "soft and lazy" is overstated to explain him being a relative disappointment compared to where he was drafted. He was a pretty physical player when you compare him to what we had, and what we have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad