Injury Report: Andreas Johnsson concussed

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Also just a tip for those who never played hockey, it's not about it being a dirty play or not, well it is kinda, but not really. You go after the guy because your teammate took a face first spill into the boards and THAT'S what should upset you. Whether it was legal or not the league can figure out afterwards. You don't necessarily always go after the guy who took out your teammate to put him in the hospital too, you do it to show your teammate that you have his back, no matter what.

exactly.

You win cups with thinking like this. Then everyone knows when you're on the ice... your team mate has you covered and vice versa. The next line that jumps over the boards is of the same mentality. Its much tougher to play against a team who thinks like that.

Not every guy has to be a heavy weight... at all.

They should have that mentality though. Especially come playoff time.

Sticking up for guys on your team while you're playing the game... should be a no brainer.

Maybe you hate a guy in the locker room... but put your ego aside and play as a team on the ice.

Not saying the Leafs have issues in the locker room, but playing like that won't hurt.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Once Matty, Marner and Kappy are signed in that order there will be nothing left for Johnsson. So best to get him a lot of points now and try to unload for a 1st or a young prospect RHD. That's what i would do. There are 2 or 3 guys on Marlies who can come up and take over Johnsson's spot and we can free up some CAP space. I would play Johnsson with Matty and Marner and let him rack up the points.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Once Matty, Marner and Kappy are signed in that order there will be nothing left for Johnsson. So best to get him a lot of points now and try to unload for a 1st or a young prospect RHD. That's what i would do. There are 2 or 3 guys on Marlies who can come up and take over Johnsson's spot and we can free up some CAP space. I would play Johnsson with Matty and Marner and let him rack up the points.
I said this at the beginning of the year.

Kapanen, Hyman, Johnsson, Brown - 2 of these guys are going to have to go with our upcoming cap crunch.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Not a bad idea. How good of a rhd prospect you could get for him.... I'm not sure but it would have to probably be a guy who's been good in the AHL but not much NHL experience. So it may be a bit of a gamble but could pay off. Especially if Moore or someone off the Marlies could play close or as good as Johnnson.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Kapanen, Hyman, Johnsson, Brown - 2 of these guys are going to have to go with our upcoming cap crunch.
To me we gotta keep Kappy and Hyman. Johnsson and Brown have to go. I like both guys but they can be replaced at lower costs. Get depth D at minimum for playoff run.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
and yet, it's closer to house league than it is to the NHL.

much closer.
Mike Babcock did not play pro hockey. I suppose you feel his knowledge is inadequate. Your whole anti leaf fan screed is arrogantly condescending. I get the arrogant but you have no reason to be condescending.

Reactions: DarkKnight

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto

Johnsson - I could see his contract coming in at around 2M x 2 or 2.5M x 3 and we could keep him if we move Brown.

Ondrej Kase is a decent comparable who put up 38 points in 66 games for the Ducks and got 2.6M

Moving Brown would certainly help. He's at the point where his QO would be higher than he's worth

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
exactly.

You win cups with thinking like this. Then everyone knows when you're on the ice... your team mate has you covered and vice versa. The next line that jumps over the boards is of the same mentality. Its much tougher to play against a team who thinks like that.

Not every guy has to be a heavy weight... at all.

They should have that mentality though. Especially come playoff time.

Sticking up for guys on your team while you're playing the game... should be a no brainer.

Maybe you hate a guy in the locker room... but put your ego aside and play as a team on the ice.

Not saying the Leafs have issues in the locker room, but playing like that won't hurt.

This is EXACTLY why hockey is the GREATEST sport on the planet!

On the ice .... this type of thinking gets you Stanley Cups & adoration from millions.

In any other situation .... this type of thinking gets you 2 - 5 years.

Reactions: BM14

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
To me we gotta keep Kappy and Hyman. Johnsson and Brown have to go. I like both guys but they can be replaced at lower costs. Get depth D at minimum for playoff run.

Johnsson will probably have to take a 2 year contract with an AAV around $1,500,000.

He's also producing offense at a slightly faster rate than Kappy this year (he gets a point for every 25ish minutes of ice-time while Kappy is around 26 minutes).

The only concern with Johnsson is the two concussions (not a big deal on a short contract).

So Brown can go but Yawny should really stay a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad