Injury Report: Andreas Johnsson concussed

skacore

Nov 7, 2010

Also just a tip for those who never played hockey, it's not about it being a dirty play or not, well it is kinda, but not really. You go after the guy because your teammate took a face first spill into the boards and THAT'S what should upset you. Whether it was legal or not the league can figure out afterwards. You don't necessarily always go after the guy who took out your teammate to put him in the hospital too, you do it to show your teammate that you have his back, no matter what.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
It was a nothing battle, unfortunately for Johnson he has a fragile noggin thanks to his AHL debut. But jeez, a bigger guy just nudged him. Nothing really. Just a bigger man, taking advantage of his size. Something we are dying to see Gauthier do.

Reactions: hotpaws

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
He's a player not afraid to go in the dirty areas, but he can be a little reckless. One of those guys who seems to get lit up regularly for whatever reason.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
^ To elaborate on that... same thing when doorknob announcers get all pissy when there are fights after clean hits. If Zadorov steps up and KO's Marner nobody should care if he hit him with his shoulder, elbow, or a gust of wind, the point is he went out of his way to hurt your teammate and someone going after him says to Mitch that they're pissed off and don't like seeing that happen

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Also just a tip for those who never played hockey, it's not about it being a dirty play or not, well it is kinda, but not really. You go after the guy because your teammate took a face first spill into the boards and THAT'S what should upset you. Whether it was legal or not the league can figure out afterwards. You don't necessarily always go after the guy who took out your teammate to put him in the hospital too, you do it to show your teammate that you have his back, no matter what.
It is lost on most on here as many have not played the game at a high level. Someone needs to step up in this case.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
nothing screams leafs fan like junior B players convincing themselves they have a special understanding of nhl hockey. that their hockey experience is closer to an nhlers than it is to a house leaguers. (news flash, it ain't).

it's why leafs fans are the worst. too many junior B hockey geniuses.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Instead let's defer to an HFboards fanboy with 50,000 posts who's gone through the trenches and read a bunch of blogs on the internet to compliment a 10th grade understanding of statistics.

:laugh:

Reactions: therealkoho

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
nothing screams leafs fan like junior B players convincing themselves they have a special understanding of nhl hockey. that their hockey experience is closer to an nhlers than it is to a house leaguers. (news flash, it ain't).

There's also something weird about the analytics crowd that is unable to acknowledge there's a human aspect to the game.

Not sure it's a great feeling being concussed on the ice, and your teammates are standing around waiting for your trainer to scrape you off the ice. Just seems a little cold...

Reactions: Notsince67

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto

I have no idea what you are talking about. How can you compare hockey knowledge of Jr. B and house league? Jr B is pretty elite level overall. It's maybe a 1-400 of all players that lace up make it to such a level.
Even in early AAA you're working on PPs, PKs, Shoot outs, etc. Some AAA teams even play the trap in Peewee

I didn't hang with the B plebs. I was much higher level, and my hockey knowledge is elite................... I was Jr A :cool: :sarcasm:

Reactions: Notsince67

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I have no idea what you are talking about. How can you compare hockey knowledge of Jr. B and house league? Jr B is pretty elite level overall. It's maybe a 1-400 of all players that lace up make it to such a level.
Even in early AAA you're working on PPs, PKs, Shoot outs, etc. Some AAA teams even play the trap in Peewee

I didn't hang with the B plebs. I was much higher level, and my hockey knowledge is elite................... I was Jr A :cool: :sarcasm:

and yet, it's closer to house league than it is to the NHL.

much closer.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
nothing screams leafs fan like junior B players convincing themselves they have a special understanding of nhl hockey. that their hockey experience is closer to an nhlers than it is to a house leaguer. (news flash, it ain't).

spoken like a true house leaguer lol

Reactions: therealkoho

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I've never played the game, and I can tell you if someone hurts one of your team mates, the guy who did it should be getting some come back.

Soccer obviously doesn't have PP. So if someone gets targeted and the player doing it doesn't get a red, retaliating is likely to see your own team down a man. But it still happens, just in a more sly manner.

I get really disappointed when I see guys putting our players on their ass, and everyone just watches it happen.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Savage. Lol

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Johnsson is skating this morning, which is encouraging. Still out for tonight.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You have to protect your guys especially your rookies. A vet d man who used his foot to stop a faster rookie going for the puck. A lot of us have used that play who played defense with a guy going balls to the wall for the puck to gain inside position and force the forward to go wide or take a tumble. Johnsson did not see the move happen. I guarantee you he will not make that move again. But it does send a message that team is not an all for one and one for all type of team. No vet came to aid of Johnsson.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We are going to have to figure out a way to maximze value for Johnsson in a CAP trade. Hopefully we can get a 1st round pick for him or a young RHD.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

I somewhat agree with you've said and somewhat don't. When you're on the ice, it's natural instinct to go protect your teammates after a huge hit or a bad hit. In my opinion though, the NHL should be different. If it's a big clean hit, that's part of the game and tempers should be controlled. If it was dirty, then go after the guy yeah. But you're only hurting your team if you take penalties to defend you teammate for a clean hit. You know what's better than fighting a guy for making a big clean hit? Going out and destroying someone on their team with a big hit instead. That's what we're missing on our team, other than Kadri (Even Kadri has shy'd away from big hits because of his questionable decisions for hits). A Simmonds, Ferland, Gudas, would be nice.

:laugh: Love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad