Confirmed with Link: Andre Tourigny as assistant coach

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
He did more than hint, he said that he want's to get a full time goalie coach when he was asked if he would work with the goalies.

we've needed one for far too long. made no damn sense to trade a crap load for Varly and then not surround him with the tools needed to fully succeed.
that's like drafting a QB and then never coaching him.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 9s

François Allaire is the new goalie coach with the Avalanche. Verbal agreement was reach today with Patrick Roy. #RDS

Huis Clos*

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 9s

François Allaire is the new goalie coach with the Avalanche. Verbal agreement was reach today with Patrick Roy. #RDS

Amazing how the Avs' beat writer gets scooped on Allaire and Tourigny.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Dater will have a list of excuses, probably on a plane or in a meeting or in the shower or in surgery or such nonsense. Our beat writers are bad. The whole reason I registered here was because the news was always here moments after it broke.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Has there been no more news on Martin Laperriere?

No news since last week , at least not that i know of. Moving to Denver is a huge decision when you have a family and lived in Québec all your life . I'm guessing it will take more time OR the announcement will be made at the same time as the other assistant coaches in a press conf . Lappy ( even if he's a good coach ) wont be considered as a key part, an allstar, on Roy's coaching staff. I doubt they will make an announcement just for Lappy .

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
No news since last week , at least not that i know of. Moving to Denver is a huge decision when you have a family and lived in Québec all your life . I'm guessing it will take more time OR the announcement will be made at the same time as the other assistant coaches in a press conf . Lappy ( even if he's a good coach ) wont be considered as a key part, an allstar, on Roy's coaching staff. I doubt they will make an announcement just for Lappy .

I read that Roy will meet with Army and see how their personalities/philosophies mesh. That's what may delay everything else.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I read that Roy will meet with Army and see how their personalities/philosophies mesh. That's what may delay everything else.

Make sence , maybe with Army and Lappy , there will be one guy too many behind the bench and Roy wants to make sure about Army .

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Its nice to see that Roy has the final say on Army. He wants everyone 100% on board with him which is great.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm official calling the Avs new coaching staff, The French Connection.

Frenchy was the pioneer, now everything thinks it's cool to be a Quebecois and an Avs fan. Just wait until we start stealing Habs fans... oh wait, Ivan. Hmmm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad