Confirmed with Link: Andre Tourigny as assistant coach

R S

Sep 18, 2006
What's the logic in keeping Tim Army? was he anti-sacco?

I don't get it either. No reason to keep him, if you ask me. With that being said, none of us were in the room so who knows exactly what his role was and how effective he truly was.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
i'm tempted to want Army gone to finish the clean sweep. but i honestly have no idea what he did or what his role was so i have no idea if he did a good job or not.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Perhaps he did a good job?

The PP started to click well in the last five games or so. I wonder if maybe Sacco ran it originally, and they let Army have a shot at it, and then it took off. Just a stab in the dark guess.

Like others have said, I can't be too critical since I don't know what he did, but even if he did well, I'm surprised they don't want to just go with a clean slate, and let Patrick bring in another guy he knows.

If the video coach rumor is true for Laperriere, I'm surprised Patrick would go with Army (who by all accounts he doesn't really know) over his former assistant in Quebec that he's really close with for the Avs assistant job. Kinda sounds like this was Sakic's and management's choice, since they're familiar with Army, and maybe because Army's familiar with the players.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The PP started to click well in the last five games or so. I wonder if maybe Sacco ran it originally, and they let Army have a shot at it, and then it took off. Just a stab in the dark guess.

Like others have said, I can't be too critical since I don't know what he did, but even if he did well, I'm surprised they don't want to just go with a clean slate, and let Patrick bring in another guy he knows.

If the video coach rumor is true for Laperriere, I'm surprised Patrick would go with Army (who by all accounts he doesn't really know) over his former assistant in Quebec that he's really close with for the Avs assistant job. Kinda sounds like this was Sakic's and management's choice, since they're familiar with Army, and maybe because Army's familiar with the players.

You wont say it? Alright, i'll say it. Tim Army has naked pictures of Joe Sakic

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You wont say it? Alright, i'll say it. Tim Army has naked pictures of Joe Sakic

Or maybe he owes him a huge amount of money after he got cheating in a poker game years ago. That's what happened with the "snow blower accident" too. The hands are the first thing they go for with cheaters.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I can see them keeping Army to help Roy transition and get to know the players better. If Army was in fact in charge of the PP *cough* 5-forwards *cough* then I hope he's not in charge of it this year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Everyone is wondering what Tim Army did for the Avs?

Just did a little research and found out that he was an assistant video coach.

Duties of an assistant video coach include...

responsible for all of the video needs of the coaching staff

pre-scouting upcoming opponents

assisting the coaches in breaking down and analyzing game video for motivational and educational purposes

reviewing game videos with players

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

assisting the coaches in breaking down and analyzing game video for motivational and educational purposes

Nice done the_fan, at least now the homers can complain about Army knowing what his attributions were.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I thought he started as video coach but last year was behind the bench? I think people are more confused as to how responsibilities were split last year between Sacco/Quinn/Army

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Nihiliste is right. He was video coach two years ago, and when Deader left, he took over as assistant. They had another guy as video coach last year.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Nihiliste is right. He was video coach two years ago, and when Deader left, he took over as assistant. They had another guy as video coach last year.

It is someone named Scott Masters. Clearly an incompetent that needs to be fired too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Haha. NYR, VAN, and DAL have spoken with Dallas Eakins about a head coaching position. Kevin Lowe and the Oilers asked him if he wanted to be an assistant. :laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's a new phase for Oilers. After hoarding picks and prospects, they now hoard coaches.

I guess they don't have faith in Kruger if they are trying to make Maurice and Eakins associate coaches.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's a new phase for Oilers. After hoarding picks and prospects, they now hoard coaches.

I guess they don't have faith in Kruger if they are trying to make Maurice and Eakins associate coaches.

Which is Pejorative Slured. If they're not confident in Kruger, why not just fire him and bring in Maurice or Eakins.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
i just can't see Army staying if Roy brings in Laperierre. that'd be 3 assistants and Roy has hinted that he wants a full time goalie coach.

He did more than hint, he said that he want's to get a full time goalie coach when he was asked if he would work with the goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad