Player Discussion Andre Burakovsky

Will Burakovsky be a Capital in 2019-2020?

• Total voters

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
What about glamour? How many celebrities live in DC? His GF wants to develop her model career and she has huge influence on him.
How many celebrities live in Miami? You go to NY or LA for celebrities or modeling. You go to Miami for warm weather. I find it hard to believe Panarin would rather sign for Florida (who practice an hour away form Miami Beach) than the Caps for "glamour" or his GF's modeling career.

Reactions: calicapsfan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
How many celebrities live in Miami? You go to NY or LA for celebrities or modeling. You go to Miami for warm weather. I find it hard to believe Panarin would rather sign for Florida (who practice an hour away form Miami Beach) than the Caps for "glamour" or his GF's modeling career.

Don’t underestimate the power of the p***y!

-R. Foster

:D

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
IIRC Panarin wants to live in a big glamour megapolis (NY, LA or Miami). That's the reason he doesn't resign with CBJ. He might become a cap only as a rental.

That's totally only a speculation. He doesnt want to sign an extension so he tells any crap that could serve as a reason. Also there was no interview or anything where he would say this straight. It was a leak (from agent possibly). IIRC ofc.

So he either wants to get more $$$ or sign with contender or some certain city or all of those (which isn't possible atm).

If he really wants to win Caps are in the business. Potentially.

And his girlfriend... Panarin isn't that young, if he wants to have kids what kind of a model career he would support? That sounds fishy.

They both could be no that excited about Ohio. That could be that simple.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
well obviously you pay attention... its very likely he'll price himself out but if he wants a one year deal to win a cup or something you get on that!

“ A long-term contract is essentially a huge part of your life, so it’s really important that we take the time to really decide what the right decision is.

A potential next contract would be long-term, possibly. In any situation you have to think about the future. There’s certainly a lot to think about, and it’s going to take time to think about that.”

I'll take him for a 1-year deal if he wants to take way less than his UFA market value is but that's just not realistic.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'll take him for a 1-year deal if he wants to take way less than his UFA market value is but that's just not realistic.

exactly... but we would welcome him with open him with open arms if we could work it out.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Hey Caps fans! First off the Blues are my team but root for the Caps in most of their games. Nice to see you guys finally break through last year and Hoist the Trophy.

So the Blues need a shake up and lack speed all around. A young somewhat skilled player like Bura would definitely interest me and I would hope Armstrong too. How about you one stunted late 1st round pick for another? Jordan Schmaltz is a solid defender that has Never been given much of a shot here IMO. Could be a change if scenery type trade. What is Buras cap hit and who on the Blues would interest you? Be realistic please.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Hey Caps fans! First off the Blues are my team but root for the Caps in most of their games. Nice to see you guys finally break through last year and Hoist the Trophy.

So the Blues need a shake up and lack speed all around. A young somewhat skilled player like Bura would definitely interest me and I would hope Armstrong too. How about you one stunted late 1st round pick for another? Jordan Schmaltz is a solid defender that has Never been given much of a shot here IMO. Could be a change if scenery type trade. What is Buras cap hit and who on the Blues would interest you? Be realistic please.
Burakovsky’s cap hit is $3M, how about Bura, a 3rd, and Johansson or Djoos for Edmundson?

Reactions: cardinalnation

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I'm not opposed to trading Burakovsky for defensive help but probably not for a defenseman who needs more seasoning. Caps have a logjam with their defensive prospects as it is so if they're trading Burakovsky hopefully it's for help right now, or for a similar forward who needs a change of scenery.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Burakovsky’s cap hit is $3M, how about Bura, a 3rd, and Johansson or Djoos for Edmundson?

Is this Lucas Johansen? That would be tempting. Edmondson is only under contract for this season. That one would hurt and only would happen if the Blues were tearing it down though.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I'm not opposed to trading Burakovsky for defensive help but probably not for a defenseman who needs more seasoning. Caps have a logjam with their defensive prospects as it is so if they're trading Burakovsky hopefully it's for help right now, or for a similar forward who needs a change of scenery.
We have a guy that could help the cats defense right now. Carl Gunnarsson. Very solid underrated defender. I would not do that for Burakovsky but I bet you most of Blues Nation would .They just don't appreciate Gunner the way I do though. On a plus-minus level the Caps win that trade but the blues get to skill level they desire. Actually that's a pretty even trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
Is this Lucas Johansen? That would be tempting. Edmondson is only under contract for this season. That one would hurt and only would happen if the Blues were tearing it down though.
Yeah, he or someone at a similar level
We have a guy that could help the cats defense right now. Carl Gunnarsson. Very solid underrated defender. I would not do that for Burakovsky but I bet you most of Blues Nation would .They just don't appreciate Gunner the way I do though. On a plus-minus level the Caps win that trade but the blues get to skill level they desire. Actually that's a pretty even trade.
He hasn’t played in a month though, something like that would be closer to the deadline.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Yeah, he or someone at a similar level

He hasn’t played in a month though, something like that would be closer to the deadline.

Gunner skating. He's Very close to playing. Maybe another game or two. There is little start-up time with him because of the style he plays. He is all about positioning and stick, old school.

Jun 15, 2007
Players as good as Panarin very rarely hit UFA. If he does, you have to at least kick the bucket. Same with Karlsson.

UFA classes are typically filled with mediocre players like JVR getting paid 7m a year. (LMAO at the Flyers)

Panarin at 10m is much better than JVR at 7. Panarin is a driver and JVR is a passenger.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Discussions on Blackhawks board trade thread concerning Burakovsky. They're floating the idea of Artem Anisimov for Burakovsky with the Hawks retaining salary to make it work. Have to admit this one would intrigue me. AA is 30 years old, good size and will have two more years left on his contract after this season. He's the guy that you can move up and down in the line up and plays LW.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
AA intrigues me. Has some good tools, big body, would be nice C depth if we could successfully stash him at LW. Wish he was better on the dot.

$4.55 hit would need to come down significantly.

He’s only owed $4 next year and $3 the year after in real money, so that’s to the Caps advantage. 25% retention and I’d consider it hard.

Saint PeterTheGreat

Apr 1, 2018
I start with a few question for you guys who has followed the Capitals over the years.
Has Burakovsky lived up to his expectations? How has he performed over last 5 years? What were your expectations from him and what did/do the caps expect from him?

I cant say i have watched that much of the Capitals exept from the playoffs so i could very well be talking out of my ass, but imho:

I dont get how the caps have kept him for so long.
Although no one expected him to be the new Crosby i would assume the caps expected alot more from him, especially the last couple of years?
I get hes "only" 23 but still.

Just trade him already. Why keep an overpaid non productive dude in the rooster?
He has soon gotten more chances than Anton Lander to prove himself!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I expected he’d at least be a 25g guy by now, but I think he could score 30+. He’s got that kind of pedigree. That’s why they’ve given him the time and opportunity. And he’s young.

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
I start with a few question for you guys who has followed the Capitals over the years.
Has Burakovsky lived up to his expectations? How has he performed over last 5 years? What were your expectations from him and what did/do the caps expect from him?

I cant say i have watched that much of the Capitals exept from the playoffs so i could very well be talking out of my ass, but imho:

I dont get how the caps have kept him for so long.
Although no one expected him to be the new Crosby i would assume the caps expected alot more from him, especially the last couple of years?
I get hes "only" 23 but still.

Just trade him already. Why keep an overpaid non productive dude in the rooster?
He has soon gotten more chances than Anton Lander to prove himself!
This year is the worst he's played and 7 months ago he was the #1 star in easily the biggest Caps win ever at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad