Player Discussion Andre Burakovsky

Will Burakovsky be a Capital in 2019-2020?

• Total voters

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He totally gets claimed off waivers which would suck in spite of his crappy play.
Losing him on waivers might not be as bad as you think. At least we would get rid of the contract.
Doubt they send him down. I'm not even sure if they will scratch him for any games.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was done with him last year but will accept his goals vs TB in the playoffs as compensation.

Beyond that, it's time to move on. All we hear are repeated quotes about how he's finally going to get it together and has a new mental coach/outlook. Ok, that's great. Maybe he'll turn it on one day. But maybe the obstacle is being in DC. Because year after year he seems to play the same style and make the same mistakes.

Meanwhile, Vrana is hitting Kuzy levels of slipperiness on the ice. We can trade 65 now.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I was done with him last year but will accept his goals vs TB in the playoffs as compensation.

Beyond that, it's time to move on. All we hear are repeated quotes about how he's finally going to get it together and has a new mental coach/outlook. Ok, that's great. Maybe he'll turn it on one day. But maybe the obstacle is being in DC. Because year after year he seems to play the same style and make the same mistakes.

Meanwhile, Vrana is hitting Kuzy levels of slipperiness on the ice. We can trade 65 now.

He's been such a disappointment. Obviously he's not Gustafsson, Pokulok, or Finley levels of disappointment in terms of GP or production but man he feels every bit of it given his raw talent level.

Reactions: calicapsfan

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Im not sure if Caps should rid off him when team is on the rough patch. Maybe when 1st and 2nd line will score smoothly, his line will perform better.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Once Wilson comes back, the forward lines will be more in order. I would have to think BMac will consider trading Burakovsky then. I think the writing is on the wall. Burakovsky has been tried in all lines and their is still no consistency. I thought last year he found his place on the 3rd line with Eller and Connolly, but it's not there for whatever reason. He's just not a good fit with this team and I think he needs a fresh start somewhere else. I would like to see the trade return be a PK type player or a decent draft pick.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
It seems every year we have that 1 guy who underachieves and gets debated to death on here.

I like the 'Mike Green analogy'. He gives up a goal and then scores one making it difficult to 100% hate the guy.

One thing I can deduce from watching his post-game interview last night: He seems lost with minimal confidence. Who's his therapist? Dr. Phil re-runs?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Kings fan here...what are the Caps needs and what would be a logical trade between the two teams?

Tough call and hotly debated here.

We have an older Orpik, and one injured younger player (Djoos), but the PK is horrible and a defensively responsible PK'er is probably the teams biggest need.

Does Iafallo PK? Honestly I would love Hagelin, too bad he got hurt.

Last edited:

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Hagelin with 20% retained to match salaries and maybe a draft pick that would be based on Hagelins health.

I could be on board with that depending on the pick.

Tough call and hotly debated here.

We have an older Orpik, and one injured younger player (Djoos), but the PK is horrible and a defensively responsible PK'er is probably the teams biggest need.

Does Iafallo PK?

Iafallo won't be traded.

If you're looking for pk... Thompson, Forbort, Hagelin are your best options.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I could be on board with that depending on the pick.

Iafallo won't be traded.

If you're looking for pk... Thompson, Forbort, Hagelin are your best options.

If his knee is not fubr I would do this so fast Blake's head would spin. 3rd rounder, if the Caps make the Final it bumps to a 2nd.
I was thinking a 3rd coming the Caps way if he didn’t play half the games, 4th if he plays 50-75%, 5th over 75%. If the Caps are looking for a PKer with an expiring deal that would fit it in the cap that’s a strong fit.

Reactions: Sam Spade

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
If his knee is not fubr I would do this so fast Blake's head would spin. 3rd rounder, if the Caps make the Final it bumps to a 2nd.

The pick wouldn't be that much. Maybe a 4th if he plays less than a 50% of the remaining games. And a 5th if he play more than 50% of remaining games.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hagelin = not gonna happen IMO.

GMBM has shown a distaste for injury-prone players, and I doubt he’d trade a young guy who gets hurt a lot for an old guy who gets hurt a lot.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad