Player Discussion Andre Burakovsky

Will Burakovsky be a Capital in 2019-2020?

• Total voters

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Now you’re talking @maacoshark levels.

I think they should probably just fire GMBM. He’s obviously in over his head. How can they keep a GM that allowed Trotz to leave, hires this nube in Reirden, ices awful hockey players like Eller, Niskanen, etc, and thinks everything is fine?

I mean seriously? What had this GMBM ever done to deserve to stay the course? It’s a total joke
It was a joke, calm down.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I would have a much bigger problem with Eller if he were the only one playing like melted butt. But since pretty much everyone is playing like melted butt, including Eller, he can stay.
Everyone on the ream is playing poorly but I think Eller has been our worst forward. Yes even worse than Burakovsky.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Well, they are all awful according to some. So what else’s would be the solution?
That's your solution. I guess you dont like the I pointed out Ellers very poor play in detail. Sorry but it is very clear to see whether you like it or not. I didnt realize you were such an Eller lover. If that is the case then why say trade him? Why arent you defending him? I know defending him will be a tough task.
I assume you will be one of those guys that will give me the gears once he does have a good. It has happened a couple times this year. It must be difficult waiting for Eller to finally have a decent game so you can throw it at me.
Eller is playing as I predicted he would.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That's your solution. I guess you dont like the I pointed out Ellers very poor play in detail. Sorry but it is very clear to see whether you like it or not. I didnt realize you were such an Eller lover. If that is the case then why say trade him? Why arent you defending him? I know defending him will be a tough task.
I assume you will be one of those guys that will give me the gears once he does have a good. It has happened a couple times this year. It must be difficult waiting for Eller to finally have a decent game so you can throw it at me.
Eller is playing as I predicted he would.

Why are you such an extremist? Because I’m not constantly railing on a player like you are, I’m a “lover”. So I guess that makes you a “hater”? Is that it?

I don’t need to defend anyone. Lots of players are playing below their capabilities. Eller is certainly one of them. The Caps have had many many seasons where individual players have struggled versus their norms. Even our beloved Ovechkin (and Bondra, and Ciccarelli, and Gartner, and Ridley, and Pivonka, and Hunter, and ... etc etc etc) have had off years.

Your shtick is old. You beat the same drum over and over and over. All is does is make you the issue...so people tune you out. Regardless of whether the message has merit or not.

But keep on keepin on brother. I know you’ll just say “if you don’t like it, don’t read it” (which I think a lot of people have started to do, candidly)

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Mine was obv sarcasm, as I’m one of the biggest Caps apologists on this board right now. You can’t see that?

Speaking of calming down....don’t get your undies in a wad
The only one riled up between the two of us about others posts is you , buddy. Maaco has an obvious bias against Eller and I played it along. Then you came out of nowhere trying stirring up stuff. Again: Calm Down.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
The only one riled up between the two of us about others posts is you , buddy. Maaco has an obvious bias against Eller and I played it along. Then you came out of nowhere trying stirring up stuff. Again: Calm Down.

Peter — it was a joke. What part aren’t you getting? I don’t want the team to do anything differently than perhaps deal Burakovsky. That’s it’s. I’ve stated that all season, and in most threads. I’ve been very consistent.

So my comment about trading and firing people was all extremely tongue in cheek. It obviously went over your head (like our last “discussion” did.....common theme), so for that I’m sorry. I will try to make it easier for you to understand going forward.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Peter — it was a joke. What part aren’t you getting? I don’t want the team to do anything differently than perhaps deal Burakovsky. That’s it’s. I’ve stated that all season, and in most threads. I’ve been very consistent.

So my comment about trading and firing people was all extremely tongue in cheek. It obviously went over your head (like our last “discussion” did.....common theme), so for that I’m sorry. I will try to make it easier for you to understand going forward.
What does any part of this post have to do with me is the real enigma. I don't get why you're repeatedly replying me while talking to a different person but it might be some kind of medical condition so all I can say - get healthy, my friend.

Last edited:

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Joking apart, Eller was terrible the first half season. Now Burakovsky is playing w/o him. And suddenly he is top-4 forward for Caps in 5v5 Points per 60 min. The Connolly-Boyd-Burakovsky 3rd line need to be tested.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What does any part of this post have to do with me is the real enigma. I don't get why you're repeatedly replying me while talking to a different person but it might be some kind of medical condition so all I can say - get healthy, my friend.

Dude, you missed the joke looooong ago....

Honest question, is English your second language?

Edit:I see your location now. It’s all making sense.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

Peter—

This stuff really is going over your head. Ok, I will be very specific:

You were joking about trading Eller. I joined in your joke and added a lot of hyperbole to it. I was being as sarcastic as you were. So telling me to calm down was silly as I was doing exactly what you were doing. Understand?

As far as the Peter piece goes, in our last discussion, where you wanted to trade our current reality (Cup winner w 2 Prez trophies as well) for some alternate reality where we didn’t trade Forsberg....twabby posted a funny video of Peter Griffin from family guy doing the exact same thing— trading a sure thing for a mystery box. It was funny and was exactly what you were doing.

So you were Peter Griffin.

Hopefully you could follow all of that, as I’m confident everyone else could. I can’t spell it out for you any more clearly.

We shall see

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Peter—

This stuff really is going over your head. Ok, I will be very specific:

You were joking about trading Eller. I joined in your joke and added a lot of hyperbole to it. I was being as sarcastic as you were. So telling me to calm down was silly as I was doing exactly what you were doing. Understand?

As far as the Peter piece goes, in our last discussion, where you wanted to trade our current reality (Cup winner w 2 Prez trophies as well) for some alternate reality where we didn’t trade Forsberg....twabby posted a funny video of Peter Griffin from family guy doing the exact same thing— trading a sure thing for a mystery box. It was funny and was exactly what you were doing.

So you were Peter Griffin.

Hopefully you could follow all of that, as I’m confident everyone else could.

We shall see
First of all, I didn't say I wanted to trade current reality for alternative reality. The point of discussion wasn't about that and my posts weren't about that, THAT's what really got over your head. You trying to stir up some s*it while it's not there because your level of understanding is not there. Keep me out of your posts if you think I'm not smart enough for you or whatever you think, I really don't care.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
First of all, I didn't say I wanted to trade current reality for alternative reality. The point of discussion wasn't about that and my posts weren't about that, THAT's what really got over your head. You trying to stir up some s*it while it's not there because your level of understanding is not there. Keep me out of your posts if you think I'm not smart enough for you or whatever you think, I really don't care.

If undoing the Forsberg trade doesn’t change current reality....what exactly doesn’t it do? You were vehement that you wished we could undo that trade, and that in your kind, we’d have “maybe” won a cup sooner or something.

You seem to be backtracking

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If undoing the Forsberg trade doesn’t change current reality....what exactly doesn’t it do? You were vehement that you wished we could undo that trade, and that in your kind, we’d have “maybe” won a cup sooner or something.

You seem to be backtracking
What I was saying is that people who say that Forsberg's trade is a good can't know that for sure. We won the cup without him but nobody can say for sure we would have had zero cups if he was on the team. You can't say anything about that trade for sure. Good or bad. I wasn't trading the cup for Forsberg. That's the definition of making things up on your part.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
That guy is really something. I don't even know why he's writing this s*it about how he likes the current team to me. I never ever said that they need to blow up the team. Some posters here really getting out of hand.

:facepalm: He’s talking about you, bro.... Or Maaco. Not me.

For the last time, I was poking fun at Maaco, just like you were. He’s targeted Eller, Niskanen, and Reirden time and time again. I was joking about blowing up the team.

I can’t seem to get thru to you. So I will leave it alone. And for the record, I’m calm. I’m pretty much always calm. No need to worry about my level of calmness.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
:facepalm: He’s talking about you, bro.

For the last time, I was poking fun at Maaco, just like you were. He’s targeted Eller, Niskanen, and Reirden time and time again. I was joking about blowing up the team.

I can’t seem to get thru to you. So I will leave it alone. And for the record, I’m calm. I’m pretty much always calm. No need to worry about my level of calmness.
I know he's talking about me and that's why I'm explaining to him the reason for this conversation. The one thing we can agree is some here trying to get personal instead of having a civil convo. I was not doing that till you tried to flex in one of those posts.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
What I was saying is that people who say that Forsberg's trade is a good can't know that for sure. We won the cup without him but nobody can say for sure we would have had zero cups if he was on the team. You can't say anything about that trade for sure. Good or bad. I wasn't trading the cup for Forsberg. That's the definition of making things up on your part.

But it would be trading the Cup for Forsberg. You don’t seem to get that. If you reversed the Forsberg trade, you eliminate the history that followed, ergo, the Cup. Don’t you get that? You can’t undo the FF trade without also undoing the Cup win.

Speaking of making things up....no one said that the Forsberg trade was good. No one. Find one person (Caps fan) that liked and are happy that trade happened. You won’t find a single Caps fan that will say “thank god that trade happened!!! It was dynamite for the Caps!!” No one.

All people are saying that the FF grade set off a chain of events that worked out for the team, as we won a Cup. I mean, that’s what happened. Those are the facts. So I think many people are ok with how it all ended up.....even if the FF trade was a disaster for the franchise.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
May be shorter than expected. At our actual pace we will have less than 95 points after 82 games and a good chance to not make the playoffs.

Fortunately their aren’t any really good teams outside of the top 8. Buffalo and Carolina are the only 2 within shouting distance....and they are more likely to catch Montreal or maybe the Islanders.

I would be shocked if the team did not make the playoffs. I mean, it’s possible, but the East is very top heavy this year. The lower level teams are bad. #11 seed and lower are 11pts or more back. Caps would really need to be bad for a while to miss out.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad