Player Discussion Andre Burakovsky

Will Burakovsky be a Capital in 2019-2020?

• Total voters

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This is typical, and same as last year. Bunch of whining fans crying about everything under the sun.....then celebrating madly when the team won. Like they’d been “believers” all along.

Its the same crew, for the most part. Pretty much a “I support you when you win, and I crap on you when you lose” brigade.

Same shit, different year. :blah:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The game is littered with mistakes gaffes and turnovers and has been for a century. Its usually how goals get scored. Eller and countless others in the NHL get it done by hard work so when they are giving their all isn't it always pretty. Few care and accept the world needs grinders too.

As gloves would say. I love Lasr ELLer!!!!1! Lars has been my advartar since our famous day. And since he hates the rat we all love him even more.

As Lars would say, Skål . København is wonderful this time of year. All year, actually.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
dopple post

copenhagen-freetown-christiania.jpg

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
This is typical, and same as last year. Bunch of whining fans crying about everything under the sun.....then celebrating madly when the team won. Like they’d been “believers” all along.

Its the same crew, for the most part. Pretty much a “I support you when you win, and I crap on you when you lose” brigade.

Same ****, different year. :blah:
After the decades of hope and heartbreak, I confess that I had reached my breaking point this time last year. So of course they finally won. But the idea of being angry about anything now, let alone impatient, really makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Check the stats buddy. It is Eller that is the turnover machine in the 3rd line. Not the wingers.
Why are you defending him? He is playing awful. At this moment he is a bugger liability than Burakovsky. Thought Id point out that Burakovsky was switched to the 4th line and stated producing. I dont think it is a coincidence. Any winger has been less productive on Eller line. Sorry if it upsets you but right now Eller is the biggest liability of our forwards.
Nvm what I said. Eller is awful, everybody's too good to play with him. Lets start a petition to get rid of him.

smd333

May 2, 2012
I know Eller is playing poorly right now but I absolutely want him in the postseason. Always love burka for the goals in Tampa game 7 last year but as for wanting him in the postseason this year I just don’t. Even if he’s been playing a bit better lately

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
PlayerGood PlayerGF%
Lars Ellerw/o Andre Burakovsky45.45
Lars EllerAndre Burakovsky33.33
w/o Lars EllerAndre Burakovsky55.00
PlayerGood PlayerGF%
Lars EllerBrett Connolly50.00
w/o Lars EllerBrett Connolly59.26
Lars Ellerw/o Brett Connolly27.27
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Nvm what I said. Eller is awful, everybody's too good to play with him. Lets start a petition to get rid of him.
Tell you what. Why dont you tell us how he us helping the team?
I dont think he is. He had always been a streaky player. Like I said before he had a couple decent games and everyone thinks we have have ourselves a good player. He then goes on a long stretch where he plays absolutely terrible and you give him a free pass. I made a comment earlier in the year about Eller's streaky play and that he has more bad games than good games. And I got grief from a few Eller lovers about it.
Sorry guys but I wasnt making this up. Watch the guy play. If that isn't enough go through his game logs.
His last 8 games he has 0 goals and 1 assist. That lone assist was a secondary assist on a lucky goal by Orlov against the Hawks. That's pretty much no offensive production. In that same stretch of 8 games he is minus 9. You may not like the plus/ minus stat buyt -9 in 8 games is ugly. He also hasnt scored a goal in awhile. 10 games without a goal, his last being a lucky backhand from the top if the circle against Dallas that the goalie didnt see. Infact Burakovsky made the goal possible by screening the goalie.
If you dont believe me here us a breakdown on Eller goal production this season.
He scores in our first game. The 7th goal of a 7-0 blowout. He over celebrates and then gets his ass kicked by Marchand. Then 9 games without a goal before scoring twice in a loss to Montreal. He then goes 8 games without a goal before scoring the game winner in OT against Montreal. His only important goal of the season. A bit of a lucky goal too. Then 12 games without a goal before he scores in a loss to the Pens. Then 6 blank games before he scores a lucky goal in a loss against Dallas. And now 10 more games without a goal.
Is that what you would call consistent? I'd give the guy a break if he was shutting other teams down but he isnt playing well defensively either. He has been on the ice for more goals against than any other forward on our team. And he doesnt get matched up against top lines. You might say he is valuable on the pk but with how bad our pk has I'm not sure you could even say that about him.
Right now we actually have 4 or 5 centers that are playing better than Eller is. That is bad considering his poor the entire team is playing.
Anyway Eller is playing exactly how I predicted he would. I also predicted that when Eller does have a decent game that some members will point it out to me. And I will predict that it will happen again, if he ever has another good game. So you guys just keep pumping Eller up once every 10 games or so.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

Now you’re talking @maacoshark levels.

I think they should probably just fire GMBM. He’s obviously in over his head. How can they keep a GM that allowed Trotz to leave, hires this nube in Reirden, ices awful hockey players like Eller, Niskanen, etc, and thinks everything is fine?

I mean seriously? What had this GMBM ever done to deserve to stay the course? It’s a total joke

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Tell you what. Why dont you tell us how he us helping the team?
I dont think he is. He had always been a streaky player. Like I said before he had a couple decent games and everyone thinks we have have ourselves a good player. He then goes on a long stretch where he plays absolutely terrible and you give him a free pass. I made a comment earlier in the year about Eller's streaky play and that he has more bad games than good games. And I got grief from a few Eller lovers about it.
Sorry guys but I wasnt making this up. Watch the guy play. If that isn't enough go through his game logs.
His last 8 games he has 0 goals and 1 assist. That lone assist was a secondary assist on a lucky goal by Orlov against the Hawks. That's pretty much no offensive production. In that same stretch of 8 games he is minus 9. You may not like the plus/ minus stat buyt -9 in 8 games is ugly. He also hasnt scored a goal in awhile. 10 games without a goal, his last being a lucky backhand from the top if the circle against Dallas that the goalie didnt see. Infact Burakovsky made the goal possible by screening the goalie.
If you dont believe me here us a breakdown on Eller goal production this season.
He scores in our first game. The 7th goal of a 7-0 blowout. He over celebrates and then gets his ass kicked by Marchand. Then 9 games without a goal before scoring twice in a loss to Montreal. He then goes 8 games without a goal before scoring the game winner in OT against Montreal. His only important goal of the season. A bit of a lucky goal too. Then 12 games without a goal before he scores in a loss to the Pens. Then 6 blank games before he scores a lucky goal in a loss against Dallas. And now 10 more games without a goal.
Is that what you would call consistent? I'd give the guy a break if he was shutting other teams down but he isnt playing well defensively either. He has been on the ice for more goals against than any other forward on our team. And he doesnt get matched up against top lines. You might say he is valuable on the pk but with how bad our pk has I'm not sure you could even say that about him.
Right now we actually have 4 or 5 centers that are playing better than Eller is. That is bad considering his poor the entire team is playing.
Anyway Eller is playing exactly how I predicted he would. I also predicted that when Eller does have a decent game that some members will point it out to me. And I will predict that it will happen again, if he ever has another good game. So you guys just keep pumping Eller up once every 10 games or so.

Trade Eller. Trade Niskanen. Fire Reirden. Fire GMBM

crab

Jan 26, 2019
After the decades of hope and heartbreak, I confess that I had reached my breaking point this time last year. So of course they finally won. But the idea of being angry about anything now, let alone impatient, really makes no sense to me.

Exactly the same with me. Last year at this time I finally lost hope and wanted Trotz fired.

People being angry right now blows my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Quite the bizarre list. Best choices are to double shift our best or rely on minor leaguers who can’t crack the big club lineup?

Common sense says pass and let the team work it’s way out of the funk.

Who cares about “common sense” or logic?? The team is terrible. The coaching is worse. The GM has made a string of terrible decisions starting with the Glencross trade. He sucks and HAS to go.

Trade all the awful players (Eller, Orlov, Niskanen, Oshie, Orpik, Djoos, Stephenson, DSP, Wilson). Resign Burakovsky, as its not his fault he sucks, it’s Eller’s. Play Bowey more as it’s not his fault he sucks, it’s Djoos’.

Fire Reirden and his entire staff. Their strategy sucks. Their special teams suck. Plus, he’s bald. No hair = gotta go. Hire Queneville. He’s got more hair, and more Stanley Cups. And trade for Trotz. Send all the above mentioned players plus our next 3 firsts for a Trotz. Make him and Queneville “co-coaches”. Then replace all those players with a ton of defenseman. Forget 12F and 6D. We need 12D and 6F. Play 1C and 4D on all shifts. I want 0-0 ties (we can win the shootouts with Kuznetsov and Matt Hendricks — gotta bring him back too) and I want them “playing the right way” going forward. We need to have the lowest GA in the league. Period.

And for gods sakes. Fire GMBM and bring back George. He’s obviously far better TMS Brian, as he’s taken TWO teams to the Cup. Vegas’ future is far brighter than ours. And their history is too. I mean, they’ve never not made it to the SCF!! That’s awesome!

Ok— that’s the plan. Let’s GO

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Lol...it’s go time!

We should also boycott all the games. That would show TednDick that we won’t settle for this inferior product, being mismanaged by a bunch of losers.

Hell, many posters on this board could do SO MUCH BETTER if they ran the team. I could name half a dozen posters right off the top of my head (they know who they are)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad