Confirmed with Link: André Tourigny named next Head Coach (presser @11AM Thursday)

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Just ask the Predators how their last pre-playoff tuneup went, and how those playoffs turned out for them...
It still makes me chuckle that they gave up a 4 goal lead to a last place team in the last game of the season and that cost them the 7th seed so they get dump-trucked by Colorado in round one instead of a series against Calgary.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
It still makes me chuckle that they gave up a 4 goal lead to a last place team in the last game of the season and that cost them the 7th seed so they get dump-trucked by Colorado in round one instead of a series against Calgary.

I re-watched the highlights of these game a couple days ago. Brought a smile to my face. One of the best games of the season, if not the past decade.

I'd also like to think this had some sort of domino effect on Johnny G and Tkachuk leaving CGY
NSH losses to AZ
DAL plays CGY and takes them to a grueling 7 game series where the high scoring Flames couldn't get their offense going.
CGY plays EDM with maybe a little less bounce in their step and losses
Johnny G and Tkachuk leave after not getting to the conference finals

Stretch for sure but it makes me happy.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
That game was the only time I ever sprung for seats that got me into the BMW Club. After the second intermission I had to wait for the Preds to return to the visitors bench, the last of whom was the backup goalie Rittich. I casually tossed a "hey good luck in the playoffs" at him and kinda over his shoulder he said "thanks". I felt bad later because boy did that not come true for him...got chased in the first period of game 1 and never saw the ice again.

Reactions: Grimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad