News Article: Andlauer sells the Bulldogs to the Habs. Team moves to St. John for 2 years.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Stupid question:

I know the Bulldogs has been sold to Molson, but what has really been sold? Players and team staff are under contract with Montreal already, so whats left?

68*

Beautiful little city. Huge upgrade on Hamilton. If Nygren feels scared there might aswell put him in a bubble like David Vetter.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'll try and make it up to the rock for catch some games! Ice Caps games always seem to have a great atmosphere so that will be a great change for our prospects. Hamilton games rarely had a great atmosphere partly due to them in playing in a huge rink.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'll try and make it up to the rock for catch some games! Ice Caps games always seem to have a great atmosphere so that will be a great change for our prospects. Hamilton games rarely had a great atmosphere partly due to them in playing in a huge rink.

And they suck for the most part...:laugh:
We should ship MT and DD over next year.
MT's abiility to manufacture points along with his secret weapon should ensure great results for the locals! :sarcasm:

It would be nice to call up players from a top seed for once. :laugh:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
fyi: theres a tonne of bars literally just 5 feet down from the front doors to mile one.

great revenue generator

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
RIP AHL Bulldogs.

price_cup-1024_7685400.jpg

80201892.GxA8W4xm.IMG_0056copy.jpg

0070-RSC3944.jpg

2006-07HamiltonBulldogschampions.jpg

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
flights

just did a quick search for cheap flights to ST.Johns NL from Charlottetown PEI

Cheapest is around $500 return....seems alot to go watch a game

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
One step closer to being in Laval..about time the farm team was back in Quebec.

I'm sad to see Belleville lose its team...already a lack of representation in eastern Ontario. Maybe one day the Subban brothers will bring a team back to Belleville.

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's not ideal to have a farm team in a market where its not uncommon for flights to be delayed or even cancelled due to fog.
that's actually quite uncommon. new technology means flights are very rarely ever delayed due to fog.

I don't think the jets have been hampered in the 4 years they've had their farm team in st.john's. the geographic location of the farm team makes almost no difference to the parent team.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
just did a quick search for cheap flights to ST.Johns NL from Charlottetown PEI

Cheapest is around $500 return....seems alot to go watch a game

Yep we don't know what cheap flights are. It's brutal they know we're on an island and we have to take planes so they charge the **** out of us.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
The franchise. The right to sell tickets, merchandise.

Exactly. They are purchasing a corporation and all assets, liabilities, trademarks and patents that come with it.

Hockey personnel are under contract to the habs already but not the business side (marketing, sales, admin etc...). They work for the AHL team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One step closer to being in Laval..about time the farm team was back in Quebec.

I'm sad to see Belleville lose its team...already a lack of representation in eastern Ontario. Maybe one day the Subban brothers will bring a team back to Belleville.

Yeah, you have to think that this will happen someday. How was the assistance over there? Were they having great crowds?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
So CH finally own 100% of the Bulldogs? Then it's pretty much a given that they'll be moving to Laval once the arena is ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad