News Article: Andlauer sells the Bulldogs to the Habs. Team moves to St. John for 2 years.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
So CH finally own 100% of the Bulldogs? Then it's pretty much a given that they'll be moving to Laval once the arena is ready.

They own the franchise, so they can do pretty much whatever they want with it as long the AHL agrees.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
So Andlauer bought the Bull and they will be renamed the Bulldogs and use the same jerseys?

First time I hear something like that, why not go forward with a full rebranding

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
" IceCaps’ CEO Danny Williams and chief operating officer Glenn Stanford confirmed the team’s new NHL affiliate beginning next year will be the Montreal Canadiens.The deal will be for the 2015-16 and 2016-17 American Hockey League seasons, after which it’s expected the Canadiens will move the franchise closer to home, to the 10,000-seat Place Bell arena currently under construction in Laval, Que., in the fall of 2017 "

source : http://www.ganderbeacon.ca/Sports/IceCaps/2015-03-12/article-4074843/Montreal-Canadiens-farm-team-relocating-to-St.%E2%80%88John%26rsquo%3Bs-next-season/1

as for the team name, les voisins de laval :yo:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
So Andlauer bought the Bull and they will be renamed the Bulldogs and use the same jerseys?

First time I hear something like that, why not go forward with a full rebranding

Brand is already established. The Dogs sold more AHL tickets than most OHL teams sell. Should be even better as an OHL team since tickets will likely be cheaper/in demand due to not being affiliated with the Habs. FOC is a little big for an OHL arena though. Biggest in the OHL by about 10000.

Oct 22, 2012
just did a quick search for cheap flights to ST.Johns NL from Charlottetown PEI

Cheapest is around $500 return....seems alot to go watch a game

Any flight out of Charlottetown is rediculous. I usually found it cheaper to drive to halifax and fly outta there.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
OHL tickets aren't much cheaper than AHL ones, if at all.

RIP Canadiens-affiliated Bulldogs. Luckily I got to watch Plekanec as a babyturtle(holy crap he used to be fast) and Price win the Memorial Cup without breaking a sweat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad