Post-Game Talk: Andersson Debuts vs Washington - 3/26 (Feat. Filip Chytil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Chytil is Jagr and Kopitar and McDavid and Crosby and Lemieux and Howe and Gretzky and Orr.

I'm Albert Einstein and I am pretty sure that the other teams will refuse to play the Rangers next season. After all, what would be the point?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Chytil reminds me of more talented Jagr. Lias reminds me of more talented Gretzky.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I absolutely agree that the fact we sold and have many GOOD young players is the difference between then and now. Unfortunately and while this might be a little bit premature I still see no Superstar in in our system or our pipeline which I think we can all agree is absolutely necessary to achieve any sort of success in today's NHL

Much of what you've said in your posts is true. But I think there finally are some key differences this time around.

The Rangers chose a very opportune time to make the moves they have this spring.

They secured a bevy of talented prospects and draft picks from the sell-off. Retained a core of talented young players that actually look ready to step up and play for each other. Some of those players could be pieces that could be packaged into solid deals. Two first rounders from last years draft in Chytil & Anderson that appear to be ready to step up now still in their teens. A ton of picks, including three first rounders for a very deep draft this year with yet another deep draft next year. Lastly is...Cap space. Looks like they finally have a bit of that. I hope they use it prudently.

As some posters here have pointed out, they've never had all that all at one time.

....And that's the key for me.

I'm very excited to see what happens next.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He is mentally just right about here (and yes we have another DJ on our team):

DLOOIQMWkAAKg0l
Okay then, I guess he will be hooking up with Zbad. What a mix that'll be!

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It will go downhill fast on the table when and if they are going to move Zucc for a 2nd or 1st pick, and if they move one of Kreider or Zib, Spooner - they should be a bottom team next year even with Henrik in goal. 2018-19 drafted players seldom play NHL unless they are borderline elite talent, but if we are fortunate we won`t pick until #7 rnd at earliest unless we win lottery, or Gorton moving top value players who are 24-28 years old which he should. Because if we end up 8th lowest team or worse mid table - our chance to get an impact elite player is so small %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad