Post-Game Talk: Andersson Debuts vs Washington - 3/26 (Feat. Filip Chytil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Oh my god. I’m high in Chytl too but some of you need to pump the brakes big time.

Also anyone with anything positive to say about Buchnevich especially this season should be banned from the forum. Dudes become horrific

Reactions: Kovalev27

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Oh my god. I’m high in Chytl too but some of you need to pump the brakes big time.

Also anyone with anything positive to say about Buchnevich especially this season should be banned from the forum. Dudes become horrific

He's not playing with confidence. End of the season is probably the best thing for him. Come back in the fall. And Skjei too, aside from brief flashes.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hoping that skilled, potential high-end winger can be Buch. Hoping that with all these younger guys coming in, it takes the magnifying glass off Buch. Maybe he can put less pressure on himself. We know with his competitiveness, Buch can be a warrior. There's no substitute to seeing your homegrown talent becoming elite together.

What competitiveness? When have we seen Buch the warrior? This guy has a lot of work to do this summer imo. I’m very disappointed with the way he’s played particularly since the deadline when given more responsibility.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
What competitiveness? When have we seen Buch the warrior? This guy has a lot of work to do this summer imo. I’m very disappointed with the way he’s played particularly since the deadline when given more responsibility.
I want to see him get a little stronger (physically) and I want to see him with a different coach before I make any further assessment. He's been good, his ceiling is definitely higher than what we see.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Personally for me the future is

Zibanejad Chytil Howden down the middle

Kreider Andersson Buchnevich Fast Spooner Vesey for wings

Namestnikov Lettieri Ronning maybes

Hayes not this year but at some point when Howden develops, and he will develop, very high on that kid, may be dealt. Zucc dealt.

And then will be interesting to see what we add at the draft.

If we go D I want Bouchard boqvist Wilde probably in that order. If it’s a forward I’m just holding out hope for one of the top 2/3 picks so we can grab svechnikov or Zadina either would be a tremendous addition up front. I’m not crazy about any other forward in the top 15.

I like Martin Kaut towards the end of the first round early second.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Chytil looked dangerous everytime he had the puck. Hopefully he can keep that up because it's something the Rangers have lacked for a long time. LA looked as advertised and that's not a bad thing.

All the mixing and matching led to a confused Rangers team in the first period that grew more comfortable in their roles as the game went on. If we can scratch that first period it actually looks like a decent Rangers team minus the defense.

The defense does scare the hell out of me though. We need one of our new and improved D prospects to step up next season to help solidify the D situation because Pionk looks like the only NHL Defenseman we have out of this group. And he still has quite some development to go through to get past Shattenkirk. That #1 RD situation is looking awful right about now and we don't have A McD caliber player to carry a mediocre D to #1 RD status.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Down the middle going forward Chytil, Zibby,Hayes and Howden when he’s ready

Wings Kreider,Andersson,Fast,Vesey,Namestnikov (Zucc?)

Defense
ADA,Pionk,Skjei,Shatty.

For next season we need to fill 1 fourth line center spot, 3-4 wingers, and 3 defensive positions

Traded or otherwise gone in the offseason
Spooner
Buchnevich
Staal
Lettieri
Gilmour
Ogara
Pavelic

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Too soon to tell with him. In November, he looked like the next Tarasenko. I think a lot of those guys, especially when young, being in a different world, freeze up when they lose confidence. They try not to let on, which makes it look like they don't care.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I like the Sean Couturier comparable for Chytil. Someone made that comparison in the Athletic last fall. Chytil still has room to fill out that big frame. Maybe Barkov. A big strong center. Barkov is a horse. I am not saying Chytil will be Barkov as far as production.

Andersson. Bo Horvat.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Does it cancel out the pessimism?

Ha! Lol, NEVER!

Maybe the best post Mike.

The guys that say we're getting a "little ahead" of ourselves are absolutely right. The hell of it is is that all of us are right to be sky high about these kids right now. I'm sure there at least a few longtime Rangers fans who wonder when we will get a gut punch for our sins of optimism, but you have to be excited right now. I can't remember the last time I felt this excited from what I saw two teenagers do on the ice in our colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->