Post-Game Talk: Andersson Debuts vs Washington - 3/26 (Feat. Filip Chytil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
anyone with anything positive to say about Buchnevich especially this season should be banned from the forum. Dudes become horrific

He has been disappointing lately.

ADA,Pionk,Skjei,Shatty.

Now, how and in what way has DeAngelo managed to impress you?? He has 8 career even strength points (only 2 with us) and is out there for goals against all the time, often because... well, he doesn't seem to have defensive skills.

I don't understand how someone can think that Buchnevich, who is the same age and averages a point in 57% of his matches shouldn't be here and is "horrific", yet thinks DeAngelo has a future here. It couldn't be any more apparent that Buchnevich has had a better career so far.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
He has been disappointing lately.

Now, how and in what way has DeAngelo managed to impress you?? He has 8 career even strength points (only 2 with us) and is out there for goals against all the time, often because... well, he doesn't seem to have defensive skills.

I don't understand how someone can think that Buchnevich, who is the same age and averages a point in 57% of his matches shouldn't be here and is "horrific", yet thinks DeAngelo has a future here. It couldn't be any more apparent that Buchnevich has had a better career so far.
ADA was paired with two horrible defenseman when he played. He was physical and confident with the puck and has great wheels. Buchnevich has had three years of playing with some of our best players. I’ve seen enough of him.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
What competitiveness? When have we seen Buch the warrior? This guy has a lot of work to do this summer imo. I’m very disappointed with the way he’s played particularly since the deadline when given more responsibility.
more responsibility? are you kidding me? im a buch homer mostly because i see 80 point potential in him but hes been given a shitty deck by AV all year

granted he hasnt played great all season but hes still scored 42 points in 68 games as a 22 year old

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Buchnevich has actually got about a year and a half. He was injured/banged up for about half of his first year. He does need to get stronger. A very creative playmaker but he's too much on the periphery right now which is why he's not scoring goals. Still there's been significant improvement in his game this year--the question is how much more is coming. I'd like to see not only Pavel getting stronger but more determination on his part to go into the areas around the goal crease---that's where the most goals are scored.

Tony DeAngelo could become a good player---he's not one now in my eyes anyway and if we're choosing between him and Pavel there's no question that we keep Pavel. Tony handles and moves the puck well but he's not made very many creative plays in the offensive zone. His defending needs a lot of work. In contrast Pionk handles and moves the puck just as well--has been much more creative on offense and defends much better.

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
What do they feed these Kids in the Czech? My first look at him in 6 months and you can't help but be impressed. By the whole package. Everything that everyone is saying. Just amazing that he's only 18. So involved and doing so many little things that caught the eye. Wait till his mates get used to him and he gets a bit more comfortable. If we got this guy at 21 hopefully we can get something close again this draft with three whacks at it. Just incredibly pumped at the potential right now.

vepro knedlo zelo - Google Search

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
more responsibility? are you kidding me? im a buch homer mostly because i see 80 point potential in him but hes been given a ****ty deck by AV all year

granted he hasnt played great all season but hes still scored 42 points in 68 games as a 22 year old

And he's doing it getting like 13 mins of ice time per game...

Guy should be getting 16-18 mins and getting top PP mins

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Why are we choosing between buch and AdA?? They’re both going to be good players. Shut up with your agendas.

Look at Buchs comparable for his production given his age and TOI. He’s going to be a top line winger. Worst case scenario he doesn’t get any better and he’s a 2nd line guy. Look at the jump he made this past offseason if he does half of that jump this offseason he’s 60 pts easy. If he replicates it he’s elite

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think Malkin is the best comparison for Chytil (playstyle wise only) Chytil is a pretty unique player though
He has elite potential and it shows, been saying this for a while but he needs to improve his shot, he’s amazing with puck protection though and can pivot really well

Reactions: Bozle

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't get how this thread is a ghost town. Our two most promising prospects play for all intents of purposes their first game and no one is posting.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Hayes - Young Kopitar - Zucc :)

If Chytil have similar skills of what kopitar brings on daily basis we have a bright future, and he has a record this season with 88 points this year who had thought in age of 30. ;)

stcatcs12

May 29, 2006
Kids looked good today but as Reggie Dunlop pointed out last week and as someone who was a season ticket holder during these times, this team is eerily reminiscent of the 98 to 2004 teams. Just enough talent to beat the bottom feeders but too talented to be an actual bottom feeder and draft impact players .

This team is absolutely on the lower end of mediocre as currently built. 2 or 3 superstars would change that. But how do we get them? We are too talented to pick in the top 3 of the draft, But not talented enough to be in the contender conversation.

By all scouting accounts all of our prospects project to be good but not great players who will routinely get beaten by those great players. One cup in 70+ years should tell you its an organazational problem

The rangers are, in their history, a mediocre middle of the pack franchise. Always have been. And I dont see this changing in my lifetime. Wr got our one cup because Messier was sick of Edmonton. We nearly lost that series as well.

Ill always be a Ranger fan, but historically we are one of the worst franchises in all of professional sports.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kids looked good today but as Reggie Dunlop pointed out last week and as someone who was a season ticket holder during these times, this team is eerily reminiscent of the 98 to 2004 teams. Just enough talent to beat the bottom feeders but too talented to be an actual bottom feeder and draft impact players .

This team is absolutely on the lower end of mediocre as currently built. 2 or 3 superstars would change that. But how do we get them? We are too talented to pick in the top 3 of the draft, But not talented enough to be in the contender conversation.

By all scouting accounts all of our prospects project to be good but not great players who will routinely get beaten by those great players. One cup in 70+ years should tell you its an organazational problem

The rangers are, in their history, a mediocre middle of the pack franchise. Always have been. And I dont see this changing in my lifetime. Wr got our one cup because Messier was sick of Edmonton. We nearly lost that series as well.

Ill always be a Ranger fan, but historically we are one of the worst franchises in all of professional sports.

Being a middle of the pack franchise is not worse than being a bottom of the barrel franchise like there are a decent amount of. Which is different from bottoming out and getting a superstar and becoming an annual contender. Also, this team has a much better base than the 98 to 04 teams. They are actually pretty damn good for a team that sold off half the roster. Those 98-04 teams were in perennial limbo, the fact that we sold off half our roster and are still competitive is actually a testament to how solid this team has been for years and IMO is a positive sign.

Reactions: BobSantos

stcatcs12

May 29, 2006
Being a middle of the pack franchise is not worse than being a bottom of the barrel franchise like there are a decent amount of. Which is different from bottoming out and getting a superstar and becoming an annual contender. Also, this team has a much better base than the 98 to 04 teams. They are actually pretty damn good for a team that sold off half the roster. Those 98-04 teams were in perennial limbo, the fact that we sold off half our roster and are still competitive is actually a testament to how solid this team has been for years and IMO is a positive sign.
I absolutely agree that the fact we sold and have many GOOD young players is the difference between then and now. Unfortunately and while this might be a little bit premature I still see no Superstar in in our system or our pipeline which I think we can all agree is absolutely necessary to achieve any sort of success in today's NHL

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wait, is Chytil a potential Selke winner?
Not a chance, don’t get the Kopitar comparison at all except both have elite puck protection (Chytil’s puck protection will be considering elite soon)
Chytil is also a risky, flashy player while Kopitar really isn’t. Kopitar slows things down normally and Chytil doesn’t. Not to mention Chytil isn’t known for good defense, his defensive positioning and defensive IQ are low but his stick work is pretty good. Don’t see Kopitar at all

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I absolutely agree that the fact we sold and have many GOOD young players is the difference between then and now. Unfortunately and while this might be a little bit premature I still see no Superstar in in our system or our pipeline which I think we can all agree is absolutely necessary to achieve any sort of success in today's NHL

I think it's really premature. We have two guys that should be good playing only their 1st and 3rd game last night. I think Chytil has that potential.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

The way the draft lottery works now means it doesn’t matter if we’re the worst team in the league or 17th, either could get the ping pong balls to go their way to the first overall pick, so there’s almost no reason to be Vancouver/Buffalo/Arizona bad.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Chytil is utterly terrifying and will challenge for a scoring title one day

The fact this kid is 18 and still developing is scary. Two years from now, he'll be unstoppable.

If McDavid and a bunch others retire, maybe, but it's very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad